Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
One of the Steelers analyst saying they will keep all three QB’s this year. Watching Pickett he likes to run and most of these running QB’s tend to have short careers due to injuries so they will need healthy back up QB’s.
Yeah unfortunately I think the depth chart was kind of pre-decided in Pitt. Aren't going to have a 1st round pick being cut and its also going to be hard to explain how you have a 20 million a year QB as a backup and especially 3rd string.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Yes, he did that against a defense full of guys who won't be playing on Sundays, so there's that.
He also did the exact same crap their fans bag on Mason for. Short dump offs and check downs and the athletes made plays. Warren bailed him on out of the first TD on a bad throw. Mason had two TD passes dropped at the end of the half that hit guys right in the hands. SEcond one was tight but NFL receivers catch it. First one went through the guys hands and hit him dead in the chest with no one on him.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Everyone loves Pickett and cheering for him. Drew Locke may be the best QB on the field. The fans are booing Rudolph despite his great play. Rudolph needs to go to the Jets since Wilson is out for the season.
i havent followed the Steelers in years so maybe I’ve missed the obvious. Why do Steeler fans dislike MR so much? You would think they would be more supportive.

Sep 22, 2011
i havent followed the Steelers in years so maybe I’ve missed the obvious. Why do Steeler fans dislike MR so much? You would think they would be more supportive.
Ben got mad that he was drafted and threw a hissy fit and didn’t help him at all. MR was brought in to a tough situation in 2019 and was mediocre, people don’t think he has what it takes and get mad that he is sitting above the first round draft pick Pickett, they will be booing trubisky soon as well.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
New rumor that Rudolph will be traded to Lions before end of week or Friday for late 2023 draft picks. Rudolph wasn’t in any of the post game interviews or he is not available for some odd reason.

Dec 9, 2013
Mason was the 3rd QB in yesterday’s 11v11 sessions.

If I’m a contender and don’t have a solid #2 I go get him. He’s probably not a starter on a high end team but he is a business like pro who can keep the ship afloat for an injured starter. That has to have a ton of value to someone like the bills or rams.

On a separate note Warren ran w the 1s in the 11v11. The Steelers have Najee who will be RB1 and a solid backup who is having a good camp. It sounds like Warren will likely end up on the practice squad.

Aug 17, 2006
I really don't understand the hate Pittsburg fans have for him. Is he a hall of famer? No, but he is a serviceable backup that might even be a decent starter under the right conditions. Professional fans are a fickle and weird bunch.
It was never right for him in Pittsburgh. Roethlisberger immediately crapped on him because he was mad the organization for drafting a QB. That started a weird conflict between the two of them. He had mixed results when he played while Roethlisberger was hurt. The stars never aligned for him.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Ben was there for 18-years and won two SB and there are Steeler fans wanting him to come back or un retire as a better option than the back up. Now Lions fans saying they don’t want Rudolph unless he is dirt cheap as it would just be another bad QB.

Last edited:

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Ben was there for 18-years and won two SB and there are Steeler fans wanting him to come back or un retire as a better option than the back up. Now Lions fans saying they don’t want Rudolph unless he is dirt cheap as it would just be another bad QB.
I can't imagine any team's fanbase that would really like to see MR brought in; their entire frame of reference is MR not producing when Rapelisberger has been out, and the hometown Pittsburgh fans booing him constantly. I do think someone will pick him up in a trade and he'd be an improvement over many other backup QBs, but I don't think any team's fans will be excited by the news

Nov 6, 2010
I can't imagine any team's fanbase that would really like to see MR brought in; their entire frame of reference is MR not producing when Rapelisberger has been out, and the hometown Pittsburgh fans booing him constantly. I do think someone will pick him up in a trade and he'd be an improvement over many other backup QBs, but I don't think any team's fans will be excited by the news
When are fans typically excited about signing a backup QB?

Sep 22, 2011
Most likely scenario at this point to me is that he gets cut and ends up getting picked up as a backup somewhere. was never given a decent shot, but its the NFL, not everyone gets a fair shake and very few people can make it as a starting QB

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Most likely scenario at this point to me is that he gets cut and ends up getting picked up as a backup somewhere. was never given a decent shot, but its the NFL, not everyone gets a fair shake and very few people can make it as a starting QB
Yeah it sucks he never got a chance to really shine as THE GUY but he's made a very good living being a career backup. Think his net worth is around 4 million as of right now and he will likely get a few million more to be a backup somewhere else for a few years. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Nov 6, 2010
Which at this point I think is a good thing for Mason. As someone already stated, the well seems to be poisoned in Pittsburg, so if he signs elsewhere as a backup, it will be under the radar, and in essence, a fresh start.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Which at this point I think is a good thing for Mason. As someone already stated, the well seems to be poisoned in Pittsburg, so if he signs elsewhere as a backup, it will be under the radar, and in essence, a fresh start.
I’d take him in Dallas over Cooper Rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro