Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Love it. The disrespect he’s taken from the organization and fans is incredible. He continued to work and get better and fight. Unlike the little B!tch from Norman that took his ball and went home.

Sep 22, 2011
I will caution that there a lot of people who want the drama of a 3 QB controversy to drive clicks, so they are going to blow up whoever isn’t the starter. Unfortunately, there is no way that they are giving mason a shot after all of the money they have thrown at the other two. Pickett is not ready, Trubisky is not an upgrade over Rudolph, but Rudolph has a big hill to climb because his organization and the coaching staff have shown They have no confidence in him as a starter. His only path to starting is to be undeniably better than the other two, and I am not sure he has that ability. I would love to be wrong, but I’m not holding out hope right now.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Love it. The disrespect he’s taken from the organization and fans is incredible. He continued to work and get better and fight. Unlike the little B!tch from Norman that took his ball and went home.
What 'disrespect he's taken from the organization' are you talking about? It's professional football.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I will caution that there a lot of people who want the drama of a 3 QB controversy to drive clicks, so they are going to blow up whoever isn’t the starter. Unfortunately, there is no way that they are giving mason a shot after all of the money they have thrown at the other two. Pickett is not ready, Trubisky is not an upgrade over Rudolph, but Rudolph has a big hill to climb because his organization and the coaching staff have shown They have no confidence in him as a starter. His only path to starting is to be undeniably better than the other two, and I am not sure he has that ability. I would love to be wrong, but I’m not holding out hope right now.
Well...going 100% with the 1's versus Trubisky going like 1 for 11. It would be a hard sell to your fans to start the 2nd guy...

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
What 'disrespect he's taken from the organization' are you talking about? It's professional football.
I think Mike Tomlin is an excellent coach, a genuinely good person, and a great leader. However, how he has managed his team, specifically the quarterbacks over the last couple seasons has been atrocious. I will not be convinced that any quarterback on that roster would not have done a better job than Big Ben last year. It’s extremely obvious that Tomlin lets his stars walk all over him. He mishandled Antonio, bell, ben, etc.

The disrespect went all the way back to the draft when big Ben was all butt hurt that they took Mason in the third round and thought he needed to address it in a news conference.

To parade around this broke down dinosaur around they set back the development of other quarterbacks on the roster.

Sure, MR had a chance to go out and take it. But they never set him up to succeed. One of the worst OLs in football and they did not adjust their schemes to fit his strengths.

Maybe disrespect is not the right term, seriously mismanaged maybe? For Pittsburgh standards they have been a dumpster fire the last few years.

Sep 22, 2011
Well...going 100% with the 1's versus Trubisky going like 1 for 11. It would be a hard sell to your fans to start the 2nd guy...
For some fans yes, there is a section that likes Rudolph, a section that thinks rudolf is garbage and trubisky is a huge upgrade and a section that thinks Kenny Pickett is the future and should just start right now regardless. Rudolph could still win the starting job, but he would have to be head and shoulders above the other two. The Steelers mad a big move for trubisky and took Pickett as their first rounder and they didn’t do it for them to be second string to Rudolph, Everything still has to be earned, but Rudolph has the biggest burden to perform at this point

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
The Steelers have three preseason games to figure it out. Hopefully MR is productive enough to distance himself from the others.

Sep 2, 2014
https://twitter.com/DynastyChamp1/status/1554919808889769987?t=LooYXi2I8RHmuteP7ppnsA&s=19
Mason is having a strong camp…but pretty sure this tweet was satire due to all the new “Mason didn’t suck today” tweets out there. Has the Steelers fans all up in arms. I Haven’t seen a single reputable report of that kind of performance…would love to find out I’m wrong though!

Sep 11, 2021
Wisconsin
Mason is having a strong camp…but pretty sure this tweet was satire due to all the new “Mason didn’t suck today” tweets out there. Has the Steelers fans all up in arms. I Haven’t seen a single reputable report of that kind of performance…would love to find out I’m wrong though!
I guess the love of Ben and maybe the fight on the field plus the media pile on has made life difficult for Mason. It's undeserved. If nothing else, maybe other teams will see this and give him a real shot.

Aug 17, 2006
"The Mason Rudolph thing is real and he has flashed in camp. He's had a solid camp."

https://youtu.be/66fnm5KiDdo?t=105

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
The Steelers are hoping to trade Rudolph prior to season start so they are pumping him up now. QB’s always go down first part of season. Hopefully when a qb like Brady or Rodgers goes down Mason will get traded.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
I'd love to see him traded and get a fair shot. Anywhere really, but a team like Seattle, Detroit, or even Cleveland, and well I think he'd be a present surprise for them.