Marcus Smart Press Conference Set for Today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 20, 2007
Here
Channel 6 Sports in Tulsa reported that Marcus Smart will announce his intentions at the PC (for those that didn't already know what the press conf was for)

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Well, it is after the 16th of April......not sure what to think. He has either removed his name from consideration or left it on the board. I have a feeling that he left it on the board because wouldn't he have announced his withdrawal yesterday or the day before?

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Well, it is after the 16th of April......not sure what to think. He has either removed his name from consideration or left it on the board. I have a feeling that he left it on the board because wouldn't he have announced his withdrawal yesterday or the day before?
He didn't have to withdraw according to RA because he didn't officially put his name in all he asked for was an evaluation just like Brown and Nash.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
You can still enter the draft up until April 28th.

Since it is after the 16th it just means that if he declares that he can't change his mind and go back to college.

Dec 7, 2006
Ok.....so is there a deadline for declaring?
NBA deadline for underclassmen to declare is April 28th.

Yesterday's NCAA deadline was supposedly for those who have changed their minds about entering the draft. In other words, you announce on the 12th. You can come back as long as you change your mind before the 16th. Helsley has suggested it's probably a false date since it seems unlikely the NCAA would not let a player come back if he hasn't hired an agent (then again, it's the NCAA so you never know).

An announcement tomorrow means he's going to the league and not changing his mind on it. Or it means he's coming back and set on it (he could change his mind here, as long as its before the 28th, but it seems hard to believe he would do that). All that to say, we'll find out tomorrow.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Smart, Brown and Nash will all announce that they are coming back to take care of unfinished business ala Weeden and Blackmon. Atleast this is what I am really really hoping for.:D

OSUFirepolak

Federal Marshal
Jan 16, 2005
This is pretty interesting.

I don't think you can compare this situation with Anderson since he was a Junior and pretty much everybody supported and understood his decision to go pro. I think the opinion on whether or not Smart should go pro or stay another year is about 50-50. My gut reaction to hearing about this press conference was that he was staying for another year at OSU.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008

I don't think you can compare this situation with Anderson since he was a Junior and pretty much everybody supported and understood his decision to go pro. I think the opinion on whether or not Smart should go pro or stay another year is about 50-50. My gut reaction to hearing about this press conference was that he was staying for another year at OSU.
I agree. Knowing that he has not officially declared makes this press conference less clear on his intentions. Originally, I thought he was holding a conference to announce that he would leave his name in consideration for the draft and declare......but without declaring ......I think the odds are better that he is wearing orange next year.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Uh Oh...both fireman and I agree...He's surely gone now...;)

Orange_Blooded

Blamin' My Roots, Showin' Up In Boots
A/V Subscriber
Jul 10, 2010
Ada, Ok
www.Facebook.com
My thoughts are that... If he stays, we all know what will happen (NCAA Title).
But if he goes.. There's a chance that the THUNDER could draft him! I'd be okay with either. I support Marcus no matter his decision!