Man arrested in Atlanta Publix with 6 guns and body armor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
A 22 year old man has been arrested at a Publix grocery store in Atlanta. Shoppers saw the man walk in with guns and wearing body armor and he walked to the bathroom. 911 was called and he was arrested as he left the restroom without incident.

This is what he was carrying on his person into the Publix bathroom
1616683609901.png

https://twitter.com/mymixtapez/status/1375070124592537600

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
A 22 year old man has been arrested at a Publix grocery store in Atlanta. Shoppers saw the man walk in with guns and wearing body armor and he walked to the bathroom. 911 was called and he was arrested as he left the restroom without incident.

This is what he was carrying on his person into the Publix bathroom
View attachment 89545

https://twitter.com/mymixtapez/status/1375070124592537600
I'm counting six guns there.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Suspect name is Rico Marley. He had a gun carry permit.

Marley is facing charges of: 6 counts of Possession of Firearm or Knife During a Commission of or Attempt to Commit Certain Felonies and 5 counts of Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony.

Only known criminal record was a simple assault charge in Dekalb County 3 years ago that was dismissed on a technicality.

Police sent him for a mental evaluation before taking him to Jail.
1616684247510.png

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
The guy must be off mentally because no mass murderer is going to walk through a store in gear and locked and loaded to first stop off at the bathroom.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So he had a carry permit. Does that mean he could legally carry all of those weapons? I'm curious what attempted felonies he is being charged with.
If you walk into a grocery store with guns while wearing body armor, right after a shooting in another grocery store just occurred, youre going to get arrested. Especially in Atlanta, where yet another mass shooting had just happened. People are idiots.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If you walk into a grocery store with guns while wearing body armor, right after a shooting in another grocery store just occurred, youre going to get arrested. Especially in Atlanta, where yet another mass shooting had just happened. People are idiots.
I'm not saying he's not an idiot or not unstable or both. I'm just curious as to if he could legally carry those weapons or not and what crimes he's being charged with.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I'm not saying he's not an idiot or not unstable or both. I'm just curious as to if he could legally carry those weapons or not and what crimes he's being charged with.
Looks to be charged with criminal attempts to commit felonies and possession of weapons during the commission of those crimes. A real double whammy. I suspect this may work to convince a few other idiots to have second thoughts about going to a store locked and loaded, giving the potential appearance of being a shooter. Especially around cops who probably have itchy trigger fingers right now. You know the phrase, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Hopefully, if he had no ill intentions, that he has a good enough lawyer to convince the DA.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Looks to be charged with criminal attempts to commit felonies and possession of weapons during the commission of those crimes. A real double whammy. I suspect this may work to convince a few other idiots to have second thoughts about going to a store locked and loaded, giving the potential appearance of being a shooter. Especially around cops who probably have itchy trigger fingers right now. You know the phrase, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Hopefully, if he had no ill intentions, that he has a good enough lawyer to convince the DA.
Man, I wish that would be a detractor. Given that people realize they are committing crimes. Do they care about the laws for those crimes.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Looks like he is being charged with 5 counts of attempted aggravated assault and six counts of commiting a felony while in possession of a firearm. I'd like to know more details because if simply carrying the guns is the only evidence then I think it warrants further discussion.

Oct 30, 2007
Looks like he is being charged with 5 counts of attempted aggravated assault and six counts of commiting a felony while in possession of a firearm. I'd like to know more details because if simply carrying the guns is the only evidence then I think it warrants further discussion.
It almost appears that they arrested him on the suspicion that he intended to commit a crime. This guy may end up walking if they don't have anything beyond that.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Well thinking logically here, why in the hell would he need 6 guns even if he was carrying them legally? (especially two long guns). This was either an attempt at a statement, a cry for help, or an aborted mass shooting. Whichever option it is I think the authorities have handled it correctly to this point from what has been reported.