Malcom R

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 22, 2011
I don't understand why they take him out on third downs, I guess he still has work to do in pass coverage and blitzing but he looked really good covering backs out of the backfield and chasing hurts, I think he is their fastest linebacker so to me it would make more sense to have him in on 3rd downs instead of 1st

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I don't understand why they take him out on third downs, I guess he still has work to do in pass coverage and blitzing but he looked really good covering backs out of the backfield and chasing hurts, I think he is their fastest linebacker so to me it would make more sense to have him in on 3rd downs instead of 1st
Not sure if you heard but Detroit isn’t the greatest at managing talent

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...kings-2022-1-32-poll-rookies-stood-week-1#DET

27. Detroit Lions (0-1)

Preseason ranking: 26

Rookie who stood out: LB Malcolm Rodriguez

Many people didn't know what to expect when the Lions drafted Rodriguez as a sixth-rounder this summer, but the rookie earned a starting role in his NFL debut at linebacker, racking up six total tackles -- including a tackle for loss. The Oklahoma State product is becoming a fan favorite after being prominently featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks." Although No. 2 overall pick Aidan Hutchinson gets a ton of hype, and rightfully so, the 23-year-old -- nicknamed "Rodrigo" -- is proving to be another top option on defense. -- Eric Woodyard

Sep 22, 2011
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...kings-2022-1-32-poll-rookies-stood-week-1#DET

27. Detroit Lions (0-1)

Preseason ranking: 26

Rookie who stood out: LB Malcolm Rodriguez

Many people didn't know what to expect when the Lions drafted Rodriguez as a sixth-rounder this summer, but the rookie earned a starting role in his NFL debut at linebacker, racking up six total tackles -- including a tackle for loss. The Oklahoma State product is becoming a fan favorite after being prominently featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks." Although No. 2 overall pick Aidan Hutchinson gets a ton of hype, and rightfully so, the 23-year-old -- nicknamed "Rodrigo" -- is proving to be another top option on defense. -- Eric Woodyard
If Aidan hutchinson could live up to his hype like MR has then the lions would have a really good defense