Make up games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
So we'll basically close out the season with 4 games in 8 days against top 10 teams, 3 of them on the road. Man that's a tough road for a team that is flirting with the bubble. Time to step up and get at least a split or better.
we aren’t flirting with the bubble. We are easily in right now. If we lose the next four we don’t really deserve to be in but we would still probably be a 9 seed.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
we aren’t flirting with the bubble. We are easily in right now. If we lose the next four we don’t really deserve to be in but we would still probably be a 9 seed.
The biggest threat would be if we lost all 4 we'd drop to the 7 seed and losing to Iowa State somehow would blemish the resume quite a bit.

May 26, 2012
Our biggest threat is the corrupt NCAA Enforcement Committee denying our appeal on bogus charges...at the 11th hour. I don’t trust em.
They want Cade in the tournament. My guess on how this plays out is as follows. They will hear our appeal about a month after the tournament and I think they will drop the penalties at that time or reduce them significantly.

Dec 7, 2006
They want Cade in the tournament. My guess on how this plays out is as follows. They will hear our appeal about a month after the tournament and I think they will drop the penalties at that time or reduce them significantly.
They already heard the appeal. They just haven't ruled on it yet.

Jun 14, 2011
Not sure what thread to put this in, but #20 Arkansas beat #6 Alabama last night 81-66.

That win is looking even stronger.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
They have won 8 of their last 9 games, including wins against a #10 Mizzu and #6 Bama. The lone loss was to us. Heck of a run and it certainly can't hurt us by continuing!

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
They have won 8 of their last 9 games, including wins against a #10 Mizzu and #6 Bama. The lone loss was to us. Heck of a run and it certainly can't hurt us by continuing!
And even though we beat them they are a higher seed than us according to projections.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
The Baylor-WVU game tonight got canceled. What is up with that?
That's crazy. Baylor will only play 13 Big 12 conference games this season. The WVUx2, OU, UT, TCU games are officially cancelled with no re-scheduling. 5 games cancelled.

There has to be a giant asterisk next to BU when they outright win the conference

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
Protecting the higher ranked teams maybe? If they don't play, then neither can lose and drop in the polls, also both will have a longer break before the upcoming make up week.
It's us who they should be protecting. Us and maybe Tech. They should want as many teams to get in the dance as possible. I think we're probably in anyway, but if we happened to lose 4 games in a row, who knows.

I'll tell ya one thing, teams like Duke and Michigan State starting to win is not good. Those are not the teams you wont to fight with on the bubble because you will get left out

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
The Baylor-WVU game tonight got canceled. What is up with that?
I read it was cancelled because they decided Baylor had too many games in a short span. WVU now doesn't have to travel at all for the make up games. Lucky them.

Instead of Baylor going to Morgantown. WVU should go to Waco, then OSU-WVU can find a neutral court somewhere

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I read it was cancelled because they decided Baylor had too many games in a short span. WVU now doesn't have to travel at all for the make up games. Lucky them.

Instead of Baylor going to Morgantown. WVU should go to Waco, then OSU-WVU can find a neutral court somewhere
Too many games in a short span yet we have to play 4 games in 8 days. Protect the top seed indeed