Majorie Taylor Greene Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Interesting data but I also think shows how the media tailors and biases their reporting/opinion based on viewers. Note how many more Democrats know who MTG is versus Republicans. I imagine this is due to CNN and MSNBC having a lot of stories about her.
Assume it is the same for Omar and Talib that Republicans know more about their craziness than Dems.

https://twitter.com/stevekrak/status/1397303736800788482?s=21

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Interesting data but I also think shows how the media tailors and biases their reporting/opinion based on viewers. Note how many more Democrats know who MTG is versus Republicans. I imagine this is due to CNN and MSNBC having a lot of stories about her.
Assume it is the same for Omar and Talib that Republicans know more about their craziness than Dems.

Conversely, you can assume Republicans aren't familiar with MTG because Fox ignores her craziness.

This article is from February, shortly after she was sworn in. I'm sure the numbers would be different today.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Conversely, you can assume Republicans aren't familiar with MTG because Fox ignores her craziness.

This article is from February, shortly after she was sworn in. I'm sure the numbers would be different today.
I stand corrected. This nauseates me. How can more Republicans approve of Gaetz than of Cheney? Are we that gullible and lacking in critical thinking skills?

1622063667159.png

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I stand corrected. This nauseates me. How can more Republicans approve of Gaetz than of Cheney? Are we that gullible and lacking in critical thinking skills?

View attachment 90401
Backing up your original point, roughly 60% don't have an opinion, which isn't the same as not knowing who they are, but I'm guessing the survey methodology wasn't designed to tell that anyway. Still, it's a similar idea that she's not getting the same attention among conservatives as liberals.

Mar 11, 2006

View attachment 90401
As I said, it cuts both ways. Both parties have the lunatic fringe that are loud voices. And those loons have loyal followers. 74% of NYC Dems have a favorable view of AOC. Talib had a favorable rating of 31% and Omar 27% among all Dems. AOC and Talib have stronger favorable views among Dems than Greene among Republicans. And Omar the exact same level as Greene.

AOC hints that she may not endorse mayoral candidate (nypost.com)
A poll commissioned by the Hotel Workers for Strong Communities PAC found that AOC has a 74 percent favorability rating among city Democrats. Two-thirds of Dems had a “very favorable” view of the congresswoman.

Oct 7, 2008
As I said, it cuts both ways. Both parties have the lunatic fringe that are loud voices. And those loons have loyal followers. 74% of NYC Dems have a favorable view of AOC. Talib had a favorable rating of 31% and Omar 27% among all Dems. AOC and Talib have stronger favorable views among Dems than Greene among Republicans. And Omar the exact same level as Greene.

AOC hints that she may not endorse mayoral candidate (nypost.com)
A poll commissioned by the Hotel Workers for Strong Communities PAC found that AOC has a 74 percent favorability rating among city Democrats. Two-thirds of Dems had a “very favorable” view of the congresswoman.
I feel like your biases are showing pretty hard by trying to "both sides" this thing. Greene is a cult conspiracy theorist who just compared her suffering for being asked to wear a mask during a global pandemic to that of the Jews under Hitler. There's just not anyone on the Dem side anywhere near as insane as her and the other qAnon conservatives. That's without even mentioning Jan 6 and the stolen election lies Rs are still peddling.

Mar 11, 2006
I feel like your biases are showing pretty hard by trying to "both sides" this thing. Greene is a cult conspiracy theorist who just compared her suffering for being asked to wear a mask during a global pandemic to that of the Jews under Hitler. There's just not anyone on the Dem side anywhere near as insane as her and the other qAnon conservatives. That's without even mentioning Jan 6 and the stolen election lies Rs are still peddling.
If people can only see one extreme and not the other, then they are either on one of the extremes or blinded by what you are trying to claim.

I can see that MTG is a loon. Apparently other cannot see or admit the same for Talib and Omar. I appears some just brush—off their anti-Semitic statements and don’t find them offensive because they vote for the party they support.

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
If people can only see one extreme and not the other, then they are either on one of the extremes or blinded by what you are trying to claim.

I can see that MTG is a loon. Apparently other cannot see or admit the same for Talib and Omar. I appears some just brush—off their anti-Semitic statements and don’t find them offensive because they vote for the party they support.
As a moderate, I can see both extremes. I just don’t see them as equal. It’s really that simple. I don’t agree with the Squad’s agenda, but MTG is part of an attack on our democratic systems. It’s a whole other level.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
View attachment 90401 [/QUOTE]

That is the state of the Republican Party right now. They care less about conservative politics and more about fielty to the previous administration.

I've said it before but the best thing that could happen for Republicans now is for Trump to have a non fatal stroke. They need to remove him from the conversation without making him a martyr. The Party needs to move on and their leaders recognize it, but his dumb rants keep the base from doing that so those in power are forced to play ball.

Mar 11, 2006
As a moderate, I can see both extremes. I just don’t see them as equal. It’s really that simple. I don’t agree with the Squad’s agenda, but MTG is part of an attack on our democratic systems. It’s a whole other level.
I see both groups as bad, an embarrassment that they are elected leaders of our nation, and not good people. I am not worried about which one may be slightly worse than the other —- they need to go.

I am interested into why you think Greene’s actions or quotes are worse for our “democratic systems” than the others and why you think it is ”whole other level“. Interested in @Im Ur Huckleberry thoughts as well since he said “not anyone on the Dem side anywhere near insane as her”.

If you want to read on lunacy then Greene is a good-start (or even Jim Jordan), but still don’t see how she is anything but the other side of the lunacy coin from Cori Bush, Talib, or Omar.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I see both groups as bad, an embarrassment that they are elected leaders of our nation, and not good people. I am not worried about which one may be slightly worse than the other —- they need to go.

I am interested into why you think Greene’s actions or quotes are worse for our “democratic systems” than the others and why you think it is ”whole other level“. Interested in @Im Ur Huckleberry thoughts as well since he said “not anyone on the Dem side anywhere near insane as her”.

If you want to read on lunacy then Greene is a good-start (or even Jim Jordan), but still don’t see how she is anything but the other side of the lunacy coin from Cori Bush, Talib, or Omar.
  1. She helped feed the lies and supported the insurrection.
  2. She helped spread and give credibility to the QAnon conspiracy that aimed at destabilizing the peaceful transfer of power.
  3. She has implied violence is necessary to defeat Democrats instead of using the democratic processes our government is built on.
  4. She has shown support for death threats against democratic leadership.
  5. She has basically continued to echo the dangerous, inflammatory remarks Trump was making leading up to the insurrection.
That’s off the top of my head.

Mar 11, 2006
  1. She helped feed the lies and supported the insurrection.
  2. She helped spread and give credibility to the QAnon conspiracy that aimed at destabilizing the peaceful transfer of power.
  3. She has implied violence is necessary to defeat Democrats instead of using the democratic processes our government is built on.
  4. She has shown support for death threats against democratic leadership.
  5. She has basically continued to echo the dangerous, inflammatory remarks Trump was making leading up to the insurrection.
That’s off the top of my head.
Yep, bad and crazy. But I still don’t a lick of difference.

1) Bush and Talib made similar comments supporting summer riots.
2) Will leave blank because I know nothing of QAnon.
3) Maxine Waters anyone? Or see Bush below.
4) Yep, that was bad from Greene. Rhetoric like that from an elected leader should be ground for expulsion. Cori Bush, in a speech on the HOuse floor, praised someone who called for the death of police officers.
5) What remarks?

Bush - just today the St. Louis Post-Dispatch stated that Bush “has previously tweeted in appallingly derisive terms about police. These are the leaders whose words resonate most profoundly with St. Louis-area youth”

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Yep, bad and crazy. But I still don’t a lick of difference.

1) Bush and Talib made similar comments supporting summer riots.
2) Will leave blank because I know nothing of QAnon.
3) Maxine Waters anyone? Or see Bush below.
4) Yep, that was bad from Greene. Rhetoric like that from an elected leader should be ground for expulsion. Cori Bush, in a speech on the HOuse floor, praised someone who called for the death of police officers.
5) What remarks?

Bush - just today the St. Louis Post-Dispatch stated that Bush “has previously tweeted in appallingly derisive terms about police. These are the leaders whose words resonate most profoundly with St. Louis-area youth”
I think a major difference you and I have is that I do not put the riots on the same level as the insurrection. The riots were violent and destructive, but the insurrection was a direct attack on the democratic process of verifying the election.

That is one of my main points that the extremist republicans (especially Trump and Greene) are a danger to democracy. I am more loyal to our constitution and democracy than I am to the republican party I am a member of.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I think a major difference you and I have is that I do not put the riots on the same level as the insurrection. The riots were violent and destructive, but the insurrection was a direct attack on the democratic process of verifying the election.

That is one of my main points that the extremist republicans (especially Trump and Greene) are a danger to democracy. I am more loyal to our constitution and democracy than I am to the republican party I am a member of.
Big difference here. This was the US Capitol with our elected officials inside trying to certify an election, not a gas station or store front...

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

This is also a direct attack on our democratic process.
https://time.com/3765158/harry-reid-mitt-romney-no-taxes/

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW