Majorie Taylor Greene Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 29, 2016
US
Tho John McCain certainly had flaws, mostly his tempter, he was a human after all, he was the only Republican I had respect for. He said paraphrasing "I fear the Republican party will die with me." And how his words certainly were true. The Republican party is an absolute disgrace these days. Sadly, the Dem party is following suit. Why citizens allow the radicalization of the media to influence politics is an absolute disgrace.

I no longer associate myself with the Dem party, because of the radicalization they've so easily embraced. How people still associate themselves with either party befuddles me to no end. Both the GOP and the Dem party should be flushed down the toilet, where they belong. At least the Dem party still has morals regarding the poor, sick and impoverished tho. So they still have a shred of decency left. The GOP tho.. whoo buddy. An absolute disgrace. Disgusting. Vileness. And it's just sad.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Dropped that one in that whole thing 3X. What do you do in all the spare time you save from not typing "ugh" (which is what I think every time I see "tho").
Ad Hominem Fallacy. In case elaboration is needed, ad hominem is a fallacy of relevance where someone rejects or criticizes another person’s view on the basis of personal characteristics, background, physical appearance, or other features, such as word usage, irrelevant to the argument at issue.

But, to answer your question.. when not working and doing family things, 50% of free time volunteering at a homeless shelter, food bank and actively obtain food from restaurants, grocery stores, etc. I know you were being rhetorical in your reply, however. "Tho" and though may be used interchangeably... it's a habit to use shorthanded abbreviation when using a smartphone.

If you'd like to volunteer (anyone else too) please feel free to send me a message and we'll go from.there.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

MADDOWBLOG

With Holocaust rhetoric, Greene creates new test for McCarthy
The question isn't whether Greene will keep engaging in ridiculous antics; the question is what Kevin McCarthy is prepared to do about it.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., pauses while speaking during a news conference outside the Capitol on Feb. 5, 2021.Al Drago / Bloomberg via Getty Images

May 24, 2021, 7:00 AM CDT
By Steve Benen
There's no point in questioning whether Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) will keep engaging in ridiculous antics. The latest controversy surrounding the unhinged congresswoman is simply the latest in a lengthy series. The better question is what House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) intends to do about it.
In an appearance last week on the podcast "The Water Cooler with David Brody," Greene lamented to a nodding Brody about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's decision to maintain a mask mandate on the House floor because of concerns many GOP members may not be vaccinated. "This woman is mentally ill," Greene said of Pelosi, D-Calif. "You know, we can look back in a time in history where people were told to wear a gold star and they were definitely treated like second-class citizens — so much so that they were put in trains and taken to gas chambers in Nazi Germany, and this is exactly the type of abuse that Nancy Pelosi is talking about."
Stupid to compare to Holocaust. But Nancy's mask mandate is stupid because she apparently only wants it enforced when the tv cameras are on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Stupid to compare to Holocaust. But Nancy's mask mandate is stupid because she apparently only wants it enforced when the tv cameras are on.
Where did you get that information? You don’t think it has anything to do with this?
“only 95 out of 212 Republicans reported being vaccinated”

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/18/house-republicans-mask-rule-rebellion-489273

Also, MTG was taking maskless selfie’s on the House floor, which is against longstanding rules due to security concerns. Literally posing for cameras.

The extremes of both sides are politicizing masks and vaccines. It is childish, but I’d like to see the source of your comment to get some context.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Where did you get that information? You don’t think it has anything to do with this?
“only 95 out of 212 Republicans reported being vaccinated”

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/18/house-republicans-mask-rule-rebellion-489273

Also, MTG was taking maskless selfie’s on the House floor, which is against longstanding rules due to security concerns. Literally posing for cameras.

The extremes of both sides are politicizing masks and vaccines. It is childish, but I’d like to see the source of your comment to get some context.
First picture below quotes Rep. Norman from South Carolina from this article.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ho...on-the-floor-pelosi-wants-to-fine-the-science

In the below video, Rep. Thomas Massie discussed the same thing. Only fines if you're on camera.
https://www.facebook.com/RepThomasMassie/videos/497408501463059/

In the second picture is a quote from Rep. Massie in an article from "The Hill"
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/554210-republicans-defy-mask-rules-on-house-floor

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
First picture below quotes Rep. Norman from South Carolina from this article.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ho...on-the-floor-pelosi-wants-to-fine-the-science

In the below video, Rep. Thomas Massie discussed the same thing. Only fines if you're on camera.

In the second picture is a quote from Rep. Massie in an article from "The Hill"
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/554210-republicans-defy-mask-rules-on-house-floor
OK, thanks for the references. The article you linked also had a quote from the Capitol's attending physician, Brian Monahan. The rule is for the House floor, which happens to be where cameras are. I’m not a Pelosi fan, and realize she does perform political theatre often, but I don’t think you can definitively state this rule is only for cameras.

Monahan said in the Monday memo that "additional medical safeguards are required to reduce the risk of coronavirus outbreak" on the House floor because it is "the only location where the entire Membership gathers periodically throughout the day in an interior space."

I assume rules for the committee meetings are determined by their leadership, who may factor in whether members of the committee have all been vaccinated.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
She thinks she’s the star, but I’m sure the powers that be are using her as a sideshow distraction while they pursue their agendas. Wag the dog.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Good article. Kinzinger is one of the few Republicans who has been consistent. I think it’s mostly because he isn’t afraid of Trump. He isn’t swayed by the “issue du jour“ he mentioned in the article.
I'm sure there's all kinds of "They" conspiracies involving this now... :rolleyes:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I'm sure there's all kinds of "They" conspiracies involving this now... :rolleyes:
It’s sad how even some Republicans have been pulled into the cannibalistic satan-worshiping pedophile ring in control of the deep state fighting against dear leader Trump and his true patriot MTG.

Dec 11, 2011
Ad Hominem Fallacy. In case elaboration is needed, ad hominem is a fallacy of relevance where someone rejects or criticizes another person’s view on the basis of personal characteristics, background, physical appearance, or other features, such as word usage, irrelevant to the argument at issue.

But, to answer your question.. when not working and doing family things, 50% of free time volunteering at a homeless shelter, food bank and actively obtain food from restaurants, grocery stores, etc. I know you were being rhetorical in your reply, however. "Tho" and though may be used interchangeably... it's a habit to use shorthanded abbreviation when using a smartphone.

If you'd like to volunteer (anyone else too) please feel free to send me a message and we'll go from.there.
I don't recall saying ANYTHING regarding my opinion of the relevancy of your post, so the little lesson was unnecessary. I thought I pretty clearly expressed my own personal distaste at the shorthand. For the record, I don't like any of it, but I also don't expect you to care (that wasn't my intention & I apologize if I led you to believe it was). Was just expressing an opinion; kinda like you did.