Majorie Taylor Greene Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So this is apparently what MTG that got her temporarily suspended:
"The controversial #COVID19 vaccines should not be forced on our military for a virus that is not dangerous for non-obese people and those under 65. With 6,000 vax related deaths and many concerning side effects reported, the vax should be a choice not a mandate for everyone."

First, Twitter has the right to do what they want on their platform. But IMO, their decision is very weak and further validates those that believe Twitter is extremely biased as to what they deem as misinformation and what they allow.
No one should take that I am defending MTG, but what she tweeted was opinion.
* I 100% think people should get the vaccine, but I fully believe it should be a choice and understand why she is against mandating the vaccine for our military.
* I disagree with her on her definition of dangerous. Although the virus certainly is less problematic and deadly for non-obese and those under 65, the virus is still in my definition of dangerous. However, that is still an opinion.
* I don't know if the 6K is accurate - maybe this is what Twitter was suspending for. The CDC reports 1K deaths, but I think that was through April.
I think that’s fair and you’re probably right about what got her suspended.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
So this is apparently what MTG that got her temporarily suspended:
"The controversial #COVID19 vaccines should not be forced on our military for a virus that is not dangerous for non-obese people and those under 65. With 6,000 vax related deaths and many concerning side effects reported, the vax should be a choice not a mandate for everyone."

First, Twitter has the right to do what they want on their platform. But IMO, their decision is very weak and further validates those that believe Twitter is extremely biased as to what they deem as misinformation and what they allow.
No one should take that I am defending MTG, but what she tweeted was opinion.
* I 100% think people should get the vaccine, but I fully believe it should be a choice and understand why she is against mandating the vaccine for our military.
* I disagree with her on her definition of dangerous. Although the virus certainly is less problematic and deadly for non-obese and those under 65, the virus is still in my definition of dangerous. However, that is still an opinion.
* I don't know if the 6K is accurate - maybe this is what Twitter was suspending for. The CDC reports 1K deaths, but I think that was through April.
I'm guessing the main thing she is wrong about is the highlighted portion...which is false!
Selected Adverse Events Reported after COVID-19 Vaccination
More than 334 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 12, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,079 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.

Mar 11, 2006
That the virus has killed and continues to kill people who are non-obese and 65 is not opinion, it is fact. In fact, that describes my late sister in law. The vaccine is only controversial for those who want it to be controversial, i.e. idiots.

The military absolutely has a responsibility to protect its members from infectious diseases. Should antimalarials be optional when being deployed in the tropics?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
MTG didn’t claim the virus didn’t kill those below 65 or not obese. Her tweet said it wasn’t dangerous. As I stated, I disagree with her opinion and definition of dangerous, but we would have to be obtuse to claim that hospitalizations and deaths were even remotely the same for the younger population compared to the elderly. In Oklahoma, 94% of deaths related to COVID were people 55+ in age.

And while you may not agree with her stance on military vaccinations, that is an opinion.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
MTG didn’t claim the virus didn’t kill those below 65 or not obese. Her tweet said it wasn’t dangerous. As I stated, I disagree with her opinion and definition of dangerous, but we would have to be obtuse to claim that hospitalizations and deaths were even remotely the same for the younger population compared to the elderly. In Oklahoma, 94% of deaths related to COVID were people 55+ in age.

And while you may not agree with her stance on military vaccinations, that is an opinion.
Even if I concede your points, she’s also ignoring the Delta and Lambda variants, which present greater threat to young, fit, individuals without comorbidities.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
MTG didn’t claim the virus didn’t kill those below 65 or not obese. Her tweet said it wasn’t dangerous.
Butterflies aren't dangerous. I've never heard of someone being killed by one. Rattlesnakes are dangerous. People die from snakebite. Your attempt at sophistry is amusing.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Mar 11, 2006
Didn't catch this move of the goalposts.

For someone who is 100% for vaccinations you are spending a lot of time and energy defending a moronic antivaxxer.
No, I am defending sharing differing opinions. I am smart enough to make a decision for myself. Are you concerned you are going to be swayed by an opinion you disagree with? If so, why do other opinions scare or bother you?
As you probably know, 04% of the US population, under 65 years, has died from COVID. Although I disagree with MTG’s usage of the word “dangerous”, I think that data point is something she could use to support her opinion.

I personally am 100% for vaccines. I am fully vaccinated, my immediate family is fully vaccinated, and as far as I know all my vaccine-eligible relatives are fully vaccinated. But I have a co-worker that works for me that is not and she and her husband don’t plan to get vaccinated. I don’t agree with her decision, but that is her personal choice.

BTW, what goalposts did I move? The fact I showed 55+ age? That was the data I had. But I looked it up for you…83% are percent of deaths in Oklahoma over 65.

Mar 11, 2006
This the data currently on the States deaths by age group..and he labled the goal post wrong...for 94% it would be ages 50-65+.....not 55
View attachment 91042
https://looker-dashboards.oklahoma.gov/embed/dashboards/76
No, I labeled it correctly. Looks like we have different sources. The source I used categorized by ages, 1-4, 5-14, 15-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54-55-64, 65-74, 75-84, 85+.
It was as of Feb 17, 2021, but I assume death by ages\ percentages haven’t radically changed.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
and in Ga, mtg's home state...
  • About 75% of the deaths in Georgia are people 65 or older, while only 14% of Georgia’s population is 65 or older.
so only over 5,000 people under 65 have died in GA...not dangerous at all...I'm starting to understand her reasoning....

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
No, I am defending sharing differing opinions. I am smart enough to make a decision for myself. Are you concerned you are going to be swayed by an opinion you disagree with? If so, why do other opinions scare or bother you?
As you probably know, 04% of the US population, under 65 years, has died from COVID. Although I disagree with MTG’s usage of the word “dangerous”, I think that data point is something she could use to support her opinion.

I personally am 100% for vaccines. I am fully vaccinated, my immediate family is fully vaccinated, and as far as I know all my vaccine-eligible relatives are fully vaccinated. But I have a co-worker that works for me that is not and she and her husband don’t plan to get vaccinated. I don’t agree with her decision, but that is her personal choice.

BTW, what goalposts did I move? The fact I showed 55+ age? That was the data I had. But I looked it up for you…83% are percent of deaths in Oklahoma over 65.
Oh, lordy lordy. MTG didn't state her tweet as opinion, like "blue is the best color" she stated it as fact. She was factually incorrect. And you continue the sophistry in her defense all the while saying you are "100% for vaccines". smh

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
and in Ga, mtg's home state...
  • About 75% of the deaths in Georgia are people 65 or older, while only 14% of Georgia’s population is 65 or older.
so only over 5,000 people under 65 have died in GA...not dangerous at all...I'm starting to understand her reasoning....
Are rattlesnakes dangerous?

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014

Number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) deaths in the U.S. as of July 7, 2021, by age*

not sure where you got your figures from, but roughly 79% were over 65...that leaves 21% under...I'm not a math guy, so if my calculations are wrong, my apologies...but I'm right...

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

Seriously? We’re still having this asinine argument? Over 600,000 Americans dead AFTER we took the measures we took. We didn’t do enough, but imagine if we had done nothing. How many would have died? And we’re entertaining the notion that it isn’t dangerous? I’m dumbfounded that anyone could question it.

BTW - I’m 100% for school zone speed limits. I don’t agree with those who disregard them, but it’s their personal choice.

Mar 11, 2006
Seriously? We’re still having this asinine argument? Over 600,000 Americans dead AFTER we took the measures we took. We didn’t do enough, but imagine if we had done nothing. How many would have died? And we’re entertaining the notion that it isn’t dangerous? I’m dumbfounded that anyone could question it.

BTW - I’m 100% for school zone speed limits. I don’t agree with those who disregard them, but it’s their personal choice.
Let me be clear in my ask — you have seen what she tweeted …do you agree that her tweet should result in an account suspension?

Mar 11, 2006