Majorie Taylor Greene Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
You and me both. I’ve been a registered Republican my entire adult life. If he’s the candidate again in 2024, I may defect.
If there was ever a time for people to vote 3rd party...... 2020 was that year, but yeah 2024 will work too. Actually 2016 would have worked too. FFS people! Vote 3rd party!

Last edited:

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
I too, wish people would wake up and vote 3rd party, but it ain't happening...too many hard core Reps and Dems who would Never vote for anyone not associated with their party...too many people knowing that not enough people will vote 3rd party to make a difference...so the beat goes on...both major parties making a mess of our democratic system!

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
If there was ever a time for people to vote 3rd party...... 2020 was that year, but yeah 2024 will work too. Actually 2016 would have worked too. FFS people! Vote 3rd party!
WAY Way to much power is held by the 2 ruling parties. Hell even if we had a 3rd party president. The two parties would have to work together to get bills signed. Or they might work together to get that 3rd party impeached. Who knows?!?!

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I too, wish people would wake up and vote 3rd party, but it ain't happening...too many hard core Reps and Dems who would Never vote for anyone not associated with their party...too many people knowing that not enough people will vote 3rd party to make a difference...so the beat goes on...both major parties making a mess of our democratic system!
I voted 3rd party in 2016. Voted for Biden in 2020 because I thought it was going to be closer in Texas. If I realized Texas was a lost cause for Trump, I would have absolutely voted 3rd party.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I voted 3rd party in 2016. Voted for Biden in 2020 because I thought it was going to be closer in Texas. If I realized Texas was a lost cause for Trump, I would have absolutely voted 3rd party.
I voted Libertarian in Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
How about an amendment to the constitution that precludes any presidential candidate from being a member of any political party, insuring we always have an independent as president.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
How about an amendment to the constitution that precludes any presidential candidate from being a member of any political party, insuring we always have an independent as president.
State Houses that are run by the existing parties will never let it happen.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
So, outlawing free association?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
So, outlawing free association?

You could make all elections non partisan and remove parties from the primary process. Free to join whatever party you want, but references to it won't show up in ballots or create separate primaries. Personal opinion here, but doing primaries this way is the biggest driver of the garbage we see currently. Everyone caters to the base in the primary by stating how much better they are at owning the other side. It's always been strange to me that the parties get to basically operate the primaries.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
You could make all elections non partisan and remove parties from the primary process. Free to join whatever party you want, but references to it won't show up in ballots or create separate primaries. Personal opinion here, but doing primaries this way is the biggest driver of the garbage we see currently. Everyone caters to the base in the primary by stating how much better they are at owning the other side. It's always been strange to me that the parties get to basically operate the primaries.
So no RNC or DNC funding? Yeah that is the problem.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Gawd I hope Trumpism comes to a soon end. I need a party again.
Trump is to the party what Jesse Jackson used to be to the Democrats. He ran for president several times. He carried with him enough base that the party had to listen to him, but he carried with him enough views that were out of mainstream that he was an anchor at the same time.

Against any one Republican candidate last time Trump polled poorly, but against the group he had his committed base. That's still the case and as he said he could shoot someone in Time Square and they would stick with him.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
So no RNC or DNC funding? Yeah that is the problem.
I think that's less of a problem than both parties being guaranteed to have a candidate in a two person race. You could add serious third parties, but that's even less feasible. If I'm likely to advance and I'm not guaranteed that my eventual opponent will be from a different party, I would run my campaign differently. I would focus less on how the opposite party is terrible, for one.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
This is what Ranked Choice Voting would fix in a primary.
I'm still mulling that one over. It sounds logical but I'm trying to see the unintended consequences from this.

Either way I've lost faith in the American voter so what do we have to lose?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I'm still mulling that one over. It sounds logical but I'm trying to see the unintended consequences from this.

Either way I've lost faith in the American voter so what do we have to lose?
The primary downside is that it's a multi step process that takes a long time to work out and requires high faith in those counting votes or arranging the algorithms.

Simpler but similar version is to have an open primary with no parties mentioned on the ballot. Then have a runoff. Multiple states already do it and it's simple enough that people will be less likely to riot when their candidate loses because everyone should be able to understand the process.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The primary downside is that it's a multi step process that takes a long time to work out and requires high faith in those counting votes or arranging the algorithms.

Simpler but similar version is to have an open primary with no parties mentioned on the ballot. Then have a runoff. Multiple states already do it and it's simple enough that people will be less likely to riot when their candidate loses because everyone should be able to understand the process.
On a related note, an article I read explained that people are embracing conspiracy theories in part because our world has become so complex. So, yeah, I could see how implementing a complex voting system would generate even more conspiracy nonsense.

That aside, I still believe RCV is the better option for primaries. You end up with the candidate most voters can live with, not just the one who is the most polarizing.