Mad at Gundy threads merged

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
No one hates ou more than I do. No one wants to beat ou more than I do. I get more frustrated with the"close calls" than anyone.
But....being a coach of young people for 30 years, and being a realist, and suffering through years of mot beating ANYBODY......I am tickled where this program is....and that was just backed up by the respect earned by Gundy and our program by a whole bunch of people that are smarter than all of you combined with a number 33 ranking with 3 losses.
I never dreamed we would even be considered for the top 25.
And...my original post in this thread stands......recruiting has NOT slipped one bit......(see Chuba, Wallace, Harvell-Peel, Rodriguez, Stoner, Lacy, et al.). But I appreciate the fact that more people aren't satisfied with losses. Twenty years ago no one complained. So kudos for your passion. Just try not to act like ou or A&M fans.

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
No one hates ou more than I do. No one wants to beat ou more than I do. I get more frustrated with the"close calls" than anyone.
But....being a coach of young people for 30 years, and being a realist, and suffering through years of mot beating ANYBODY......I am tickled where this program is....and that was just backed up by the respect earned by Gundy and our program by a whole bunch of people that are smarter than all of you combined with a number 33 ranking with 3 losses.
I never dreamed we would even be considered for the top 25.
And...my original post in this thread stands......recruiting has NOT slipped one bit......(see Chuba, Wallace, Harvell-Peel, Rodriguez, Stoner, Lacy, et al.). But I appreciate the fact that more people aren't satisfied with losses. Twenty years ago no one complained. So kudos for your passion. Just try not to act like ou or A&M fans.
I promise I typed 23 three times....not 33.....fat fingers on phone

Jan 8, 2009
Plano
A change in direction in college football is not like microwaving ramen. For every winning program there is a losing program. Our biggest issue is not coaching its players. Recruiting is more critical for us than an OU or UT who has depth with strong talent that can step up and do a great job. We have a weak QB, but he is a freshman. Dont turn him loose and get the turnovers we have seen this season after a strong start. Build his confidence back by gradually opening things up and coach him up and practice the heck out of ball control.

We use to get a top 25 recruiting class now it has slide to high 30s. The Big 12 competition depth is much larger now and we can not have turn overs or a bad game and win any more. Who is doing the recruiting now and who was before? Have we lost a top recruiter? It sure looks to me like we have. We can win with the coaching staff we have now with better players. Was Wickline a top recruiter for us too?

Last edited:

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
A change in direction in college football is not like microwaving ramen. For every winning program there is a losing program. Our biggest issue is not coaching its players. Recruiting is more critical for us than an OU or UT who has depth with strong talent that can step up and do a great job. We have a weak QB, but he is a freshman. Dont turn him loose and get the turnovers we have seen this season after a strong start. Build his confidence back by gradually opening things up and coach him up and practice the heck out of ball control.

We use to get a top 25 recruiting class now it has slide to high 30s. The Big 12 competition depth is much larger now and we can not have turn overs or a bad game and win any more. Who is doing the recruiting now and who was before? Have we lost a top recruiter? It sure looks to me like we have. We can win with the coaching staff we have now with better players. Was Wickline a top recruiter for us too?
is this ^ shit for real? SMH...........

Jan 8, 2009
Plano
Cowboys are surprising 23 ranked team in first BCS ranking of year. Where are those long term power programs like UTennessee or USC or FSU or Nebraska. Seems kind of hard to stay at the top when coach changes happen. Seems like more teams fall back upon making a change then move forward....

Status
Not open for further replies.