Mad at Gundy threads merged

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Why wait that long before making a change? That would have a horrible effect on our program.

Fanbases get excited about trajectory, not past performance. And right now we're trending downward with a coach that's not making necessary changes to improve anything but his own bank account.
Right now, it would be too expensive to buy out Gundy. I think there is still time to salvage something of this season. I don't give it much of a chance, but there is a chance. We're going to have Gundy for several more years unless he leaves on his own accord.

CaymanS

Greenhorn
Oct 20, 2018
OKC
Damn right I have an axe to grind because he's grinding OSU football into the ground by being complacent. You really think so high school recruit gives two s//ts why Gundy won't come see him play? That's a selling point to the kid? And you do realize he's paid 5M a year, a top 20 salary. for a recruiting class that's ranked in the 40's and, more alarmingly, has slipped over the past 4 years to 5th or 6th in the conference. He's not getting it done yet he extorted a 5 year deal out of the regents to somehow convince recruits he's staying for the long run. NOBODY says "hey never go to your kid's games" but to never even attend a recruits is a selling point? Are you kidding me? Nice Pollyanna approach. Nothing to see here, I get it. He's getting a pass while having been paid 43M through the end of this season in total salary. You sir, are the reason he's exploited that.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Damn right I have an axe to grind because he's grinding OSU football into the ground by being complacent. You really think so high school recruit gives two s//ts why Gundy won't come see him play? That's a selling point to the kid? And you do realize he's paid 5M a year, a top 20 salary. for a recruiting class that's ranked in the 40's and, more alarmingly, has slipped over the past 4 years to 5th or 6th in the conference. He's not getting it done yet he extorted a 5 year deal out of the regents to somehow convince recruits he's staying for the long run. NOBODY says "hey never go to your kid's games" but to never even attend a recruits is a selling point? Are you kidding me? Nice Pollyanna approach. Nothing to see here, I get it. He's getting a pass while having been paid 43M through the end of this season in total salary. You sir, are the reason he's exploited that.
As recent as a year ago I saw stories of him riding in a helicopter to see kids play...when did that stop, or are you just grinding the axe again?

Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
SO who exactly do you expect to get that would be better? See Tennessee (post Fulmer), Texas A&M (post Slocum), USC as a few examples of making a change for change sake. I think people have to remember that OSU has the 2nd youngest team in CFB, with 57% of the players are frosh are RS Frosh. You have a gifted qb who has played in 7 games...just 7. A new offensive coordinator, who has probably not had the reigns taken off yet. People need to chillax.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
And I'm still POd.

I'm a little less demonstrative and vocal, but I'm still PO'd.

At first it was Shock & Disbelif, then Denial -- there's NO WAY we should lose to TT. How did we lose to a team without a starting quarterback?!

Then, after a week off to correct things, we lay the biggest pile of crap since the circus left town against Baylor.

I don't have any guilt. I just went immediately into Anger and have been there since. And I don't feel guilty about being angry.

Next down the line is Bargaining, but I don't see much to bargain with. I suppose looking forward to basketball, wrestling and baseball is a form or bargaining. But the best season of college sports is football for most of us and that's slip-sliding away. Another loss to another mediocre team or two, then a Bedlam thrashing will take us straight into Depression and Reflection at another crap season that started out with such promise and high expectations.
Not looking forward to that.

How do we see turning this Titanic season around?

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Certainly it's a little shaky right now and we need to figure out who's injecting too much waste water in the well...That being said, it's had been on very solid ground only 1 and a half seasons ago so we can still be hopeful without going into full blown panic...if we suck so bad we don't make a bowl? Then panic needs to happen.
I saw this advertised in Craigslist. it may appear too early, but you don't want to be late in purchasing your own OSU PANIC KIT.

Kit includes:
* Battery powered flashlight and 2 extra AA batteries
* OSU logo'd Torch & Pitchfork (farmer tested and approved)
* Roll of orange duct tape (one should always have duct tape)
* Flint, steel and steel wool firestarter mini-kit
* Can of Vienna Sausages
* AD Mike Holder's private e-dress (Premium Panic Kit only)

Don't be caught without your OSU PANIC KIT when the excrement hits the ventilation system.

What's the price, you say?!
You'll just need to buy it so you can find out what the price is. (It worked for Obamacare).

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
We are stuck between two realities.

There are the fans my age and older that remember the bumfuzzled days and when Traitor roamed the athletic fields. Most of the people that are ok with Gundy pull out the hallowed halls of O-State and the joy of coming back to Stilly and tell the rest of us about their torturous existence during the bad years while being ecstatic we win at anything. They also fear being goonish.

Then you have the younger fans that want to win. Go find the hot young coach, bring him in and turn him loose. To hell with how we look, let's win.

I'm starting to side with the younger fans. So far Gundy has refused to keep anyone on staff that is a threat, he doesn't work at recruiting, and we are going headlong into Nathan Simmons, The Redux. If the record int 8-4 time forum the talk and a trade offer to Tennessee straight up.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
As recent as a year ago I saw stories of him riding in a helicopter to see kids play...when did that stop, or are you just grinding the axe again?
He still does it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.