Loyal & True. Cowboy Basketball 20’-21’ Season Ends in a Second Round Exit against Oregon State. Pokes Finish 21-9 Overall. Proud and Immortal #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
Craziest stat I have seen in some time. The officiating or style of play needs to change.
It's just ridiculous watching AA get free throws when noone touched him or calling hand checks and then letting guys in the paint get abused regularly. NBA is a game for prima donas with very little grit and heart and slowly but surely the officiating is pushing the college game that direction. Several other games werent that way, this one just happened to be.

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
Ignoring the officiating...this is a tough one to swallow. It's one thing to lose to better teams, but Oregon State wasn't a top 40 team, but are hot at the right time and in the sweet 16.

Everything was set up to make a deep run. disappointing way to end the year.

That said... Amazing and fun last month of Cowboy basketball. I wasn't sure I would get that feeling back that I had in the Eddie years. Cade was awesome and it's time to pay HCMB and keep him in Stillwater.

Sep 30, 2013
plus.google.com
Even though the future looks at least somewhat bright for next year and possibly beyond, enduring all of those commercials was close to unbearable. Every single game felt like one long advertisment with bits of basketball in between. It makes watching games feel like a chore. :thumbdown:

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Even though the future looks at least somewhat bright for next year and possibly beyond, enduring all of those commercials was close to unbearable. Every single game felt like one long advertisment with bits of basketball in between. It makes watching games feel like a chore. :thumbdown:
It’s like they are trying to get two years of ad revenue in one year

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Ignoring the officiating...this is a tough one to swallow. It's one thing to lose to better teams, but Oregon State wasn't a top 40 team, but are hot at the right time and in the sweet 16.

Everything was set up to make a deep run. disappointing way to end the year.

That said... Amazing and fun last month of Cowboy basketball. I wasn't sure I would get that feeling back that I had in the Eddie years. Cade was awesome and it's time to pay HCMB and keep him in Stillwater.
Leaving hot three point shooters wide open in the first half allowed them to look much better than they were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
How has this been a special season? Special player? Sure. But we finished 5th n the Big12. Didn’t win any championships and just lost to a 12 seed.

Boynton improved this year. But look at that roster and tell me how you see us being better than 4th or 5th again w a 6-8 seed in the tourney assuming we win the appeal.
I think it could be seen as a special season because I think it is a turning point for us in terms of momentum. We have been below average for quite some time. Now we get our first win in the tourney in 12 years. My expectation is we will be in the tournament every year going forward. If we can build on this year then this will be seen as a special
Season because it will be the season we left mediocrity behind and we will compete in the conference and in the tournament every year. If this doesn’t occur then this in fact won’t be a special season.

i am disappointed and frustrated because I think the team should have made the sweet sixteen. So in that sense I feel like the team under achieved. I do think though that coach has turned the corner with the program with the success we did have this year.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
HCMB in postgame:

"I was most frustrated that we didn't have a competitive response to their three point shooting and rebounding in the first half."

"We played with much more urgency in the second half, couldn't get over the hump."

"It's disappointing, because we worked so hard to get to this point, but couldn't finish the deal tonight."

"They did a good job packing the lane, we could never get into a flow offensively. We forced some turnovers and got going, but the gap that was created (18 pt deficit) was just too big."

(Did the team get too excited about Illinois losing?)
"Oregon State just played really well, and we didn't. It's poor taste to say we overlooked them."

"Cade Cunningham is one of the all time great people that I've been around. He just wanted to be part of the group, and was a great teammate."

"We've got a great fan base. I hope they feel proud of what this team accomplished. I wish we had played better tonight, but the kids gave us everything they had."

Nov 18, 2011
Is Kalib Boone hurt? He only took 4 shots tonight. He hasn’t been playing well since the regular season ended.
His role tonight was really weird. 10 min and when MAM fouled out it was Likelele that was brought in. I would have thought with Kalib’s quickness and his up and under moves as well as pick and rolls would have been a bigger part of the game plan against a slower stationary opponent in Silva.

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
It seems we always say wait till next year. Anderson will be good to go but unless Rondel and MAM improve their abilities tremendously mostly in the shooting department I don't think next year will be too great. One great player won't do it. Now the question is can Boyton get that great transfer that decommitted from MSU or some other great player?
I think Rondell hit the freshmen wall this year. I think he is going to be a dynamic player for us. I also think
MAM will be a game changer next year. If he even develops any type of mid range jumper he will be a tremendous offensive player. I think Keylan is a wild card and could potentially help our offense significantly next year. I thought coach should have played him more at the end of the year to help his development. Interesting he got so
Much playing time tonight. Ice should work on his jumper
All off season. He shouldn’t do anything else. Jumper after
Jumper after jumper. If he just becomes a
Little bit of an outside threat it will open up his offensive game tremendously. I see potential for next year. It is up to the players to put in the work.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
The nucleus is there for this team barring any unforeseen issues. I think the NCAA will quietly let it go on the ban. If not, then OSU has a great chance to bust them on a lawsuit considering their other decisions in this case. What needs to happen is this: Let go of Flavors, find a big to transfer in that can score and not get pushed around. Boone boys need to find a weight room and live in it. Keylan needs to shoot 50,000 threes starting next week. Ice needs to heal his hand and shoot 50,000 free throws. MAM needs to learn the game of basketball to improve his IQ in that area around 75 points higher. Kouma needs to improve his agility. AA needs to keep doing whatever he has done this past year. Hopefully Bryce returns for another year, but if not, then Mike needs to find a true sharpshooter that plays quality defense too. Walker needs to work with AA and also get in the weight room. He has the chance to make a huge leap next year ala AA. Walker also needs to shoot 50,000 threes. The other guys need to get healthy and figure out a way to contribute.