Loyal & True. Cowboy Basketball 20’-21’ Season Ends in a Second Round Exit against Oregon State. Pokes Finish 21-9 Overall. Proud and Immortal #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Wonder what he was thinking tonight after sitting at home while playing a meaningless season as SMU. He could have really helped us this year. He only played 17 mpg for SMU, less than he was getting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I don’t understand why he left. He was going to play two more years anyway. Hopefully we can get Kouma to develop a little bit

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Wonder what he was thinking tonight after sitting at home while playing a meaningless season as SMU. He could have really helped us this year. He only played 17 mpg for SMU, less than he was getting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a weird situation. Still not sure why he left. It wasn’t because of Kalib Boone.

Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
Whoever thought OSU wouldn't make the tourney just because they were young doesn't know bball from football. Michigan made the championship game with 5 starting freshmen. Kentucky and Louisville have done the same.

We had the #1 recruit in the country and several other 3/4 stars, plus Ike and Boones returning. We should have ended better than this.
If I remember right we were picked 7th in the preseason which is clearly on the fringe of going to the tourney. We're not a blue blood program bringing in a few five star players every year. We struck gold with Cade but in no way do I believe it will happen again.

Sep 29, 2010
Stillwater
lets not forget also- chris harris hopefully back next year. Hes shown flashes. Donovan williams will play- can see what he can do. Obviously rondel boones ice etc. and avery + ice as the upper classman. This team still has loads of potential and talent.

I’m still mad about outcome. But the future still looks bright. Lets hope the appeal goes our way

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
I’ve got a serious question. Do you honestly feel like we would’ve beat Loyola? There’s no way in hell as efficient as they are on offense. Their big man is light years ahead of the front court we faced today. Pretty good season. A little disappointing. We had some fun moments. Beating Baylor in the conference tournament was the most exciting win we’ve had in 10 plus years.
Agree with you - I don't think we could beat Loyola. As disciplined as they play, I think they make the Final 4 again.

Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
lets not forget also- chris harris hopefully back next year. Hes shown flashes. Donovan williams will play- can see what he can do. Obviously rondel boones ice etc. and avery + ice as the upper classman. This team still has loads of potential and talent.

I’m still mad about outcome. But the future still looks bright. Lets hope the appeal goes our way
Yes there is potential hopefully all the new guys can improve significantly like AA did and next year should also be a nice one.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Whoever thought OSU wouldn't make the tourney just because they were young doesn't know bball from football. Michigan made the championship game with 5 starting freshmen. Kentucky and Louisville have done the same.

We had the #1 recruit in the country and several other 3/4 stars, plus Ike and Boones returning. We should have ended better than this.
We made the Big 12 tourney finals
Won a game in the NCAA
Beat OU twice
Beat Arkansas
Beat Wichita State
We Beat every Big 12 team other than TCU.

Guess what TCU has?

Samuel...A big we had no answer for.

That's a pretty good run.

This team has talent but is not a good interior team and that is what got us beat.

We got outrebounded by 22 rebounds.

We couldn't handle their size.

That's what got us Beat

Dec 6, 2013
If I remember right we were picked 7th in the preseason which is clearly on the fringe of going to the tourney. We're not a blue blood program bringing in a few five star players every year. We struck gold with Cade but in no way do I believe it will happen again.
Right, but we had Cade on the roster when the predictions were made. And with star freshmen you expect them to play their best at the end of the year, not the beginning. This was the part of the season Cade, Walker and the rest of the team should have shined brightest.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Next year will be a make or break year for Boyton. I think the guy will be a very good basketball coach but needs to put two good seasons together
I agree, but that’s also why I cannot get behind the push to make another contract mistake like we did previously. That is not a dig at Boynton but if you don’t learn from previous mistakes in business you have no reason to actually be in business.

Feb 5, 2007
Benton, Arkansas

so based on returning players, we should have 2 scholarships open? Are we in on anyone? It seems our recruiting in hoops has gone quiet. I know we technically lose a scholarship per year for 3 years?

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee

Exactly. We had a good team and I enjoyed watching them, but a second round exit for a 4 seed is disappointing. We almost won a big 12 title and we almost made it to the sweet 16, but in the end the team didn’t quite reach their full potential.