Loyal & True. Cowboy Basketball 20’-21’ Season Ends in a Second Round Exit against Oregon State. Pokes Finish 21-9 Overall. Proud and Immortal #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2010
Well, you can't ask for a better bracket than this.

Beat a 12 seed and an 8 seed to get to the elite 8.

Turns out getting that 4 seed in this bracket was the easiest route available.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Well, you can't ask for a better bracket than this.

Beat a 12 seed and an 8 seed to get to the elite 8.

Turns out getting that 4 seed in this bracket was the easiest route available.
Honestly I’m rooting for who ever comes out of this part of the bracket. Obviously I want it to be the Pokes but both the other teams are very likable

Sep 23, 2010
Well, things are opening up. We have to capitalize now. West Virginia and Houston left on the other side, not exactly murderer's row. Got to execute and play well. Has a chance to be a special run. This is more like 99-00 Elite team where the bracket opened up. The two Final Fours were against some serious squads. Hopefully, we can beat Oregon State tonight and give ourselves a chance.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
They may be a worse match-up than Illinois.
I mean they are definitely laying the blue print for neutralizing Kofi Cockburn. Swarm him every time he touches the ball and make him beat you with his passing
The stat I’ve heard all year is he has ___ assists on the season. I think he was at 5 entering this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Game tonight might have just gotten bigger. Don’t want to miss this opportunity if getting to the Elite 8 without having to play a top 7 seed in your region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
This late start going to be rough on anyone else? I like going to bed around 930-10. Will be tough after being amped up from the game. Also, waiting for the last game to tip is pretty nerve racking as well.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
With Illinois losing, this game has a lot more meaning now so that we can be the top seed out of this side of the bracket to not lose. On top of that though, we have good news in the fact that Bryce Williams is good to go.

https://twitter.com/Gopokesvoice/status/1373706621872914432?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Oregon State vs. Oklahoma State

This is what I could gather from the information I've been able to get from the sources I've gotten information from.

Think in football terms
Imagine OSU in 2011 vs. Alabama that same year.

OSU played fast and wide open whereas Alabama wanted to slow the game down and keep everything compacted and use their size to overwhelm their opponents.

That's what we have in today's match up.

Oklahoma State has to make this game fast.

The Cowboys have to attack the rim. Oregon State allowed a lot of dribble penetration early in the year, but that was because their 7 footer had Covid and their 4 was still getting adjusted

Their interior defense has substantially improved in the latter part of the season.

So, the matchup of Oklahoma States penetration vs their interior size is THE key matchup to this game.

If it turns into a half court game Oregon State will win.

Oregon State has a 7 footer and will provide a match up problem Oklahoma State really hasn't had to deal with.

It will be interesting to to see how we play him.

What most people don't understand is that he had Covid, so it took him a long time to get his wind underneath him.

Their 4 didn't play organized basketball until his Jr. Year in High School so it took him some time to get adjusted to this level of basketball.

So....this Oregon State team didn't just get hot, they simply finally got all their pieces adjusted enough to start gelling.

Whoever controls the pace of this game wins.

It's as simple as that. If the game is fast the Cowboys will win.

If the game is played in a phone booth, Oregon State wins.

The winner advances to the Sweet Sixteen where they will play Loyola-Chicago who just took down Illinois.

Man....I sure do feel bad for Brad Underwood with his teams loss today.

Wait...No I don't!

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
Every team in this tournament is good...so nothing is gonna be easy...but if you told me before the tournament that OSU would have to go through Oregon State and Loyola to get to the Elite 8...I take that.

Beat the Beavers!!!

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
We gotta get our nerves under control. Everyone except AA was missing easy shots that they haven’t missed all year. Those little layups that our past teams would somehow always choke on - this team has never had a problem before Friday.

Pass out some beta blockers.