Loyal & True. Cowboy Basketball 20’-21’ Season Ends in a Second Round Exit against Oregon State. Pokes Finish 21-9 Overall. Proud and Immortal #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Let's give Liberty some credit. When they got set on defense, which they were surprisingly good at quickly doing, they were able to clog things up.
That's a good point. I need to go back and watch the game again. I didn't so much expect Kalib to back their big guy down under the goal, if they're collapsing on him, but that's when you hit one of the corners for a wide open 3 (Which we definitely should have hit more of) I was looking more for Kalib and MAM to cut to the creases when their defenders looked to help with our guards' penetration. Felt bad for Kalib on defense, though. I would have just fronted him and hoped my backside help kept paying attention and communicating.

Sep 29, 2010
Stillwater
how does everyone feel about Oregon State? They are HOT right now. Obviously think we can/should beat them. But they have a lot of momentum at the moment.

Initially I was happy to see Oregon State rather than Tennessee.. but after sitting on it, one has to acknowledge the momentum Oregon State has coming in.

Should be a good one!

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
how does everyone feel about Oregon State? They are HOT right now. Obviously think we can/should beat them. But they have a lot of momentum at the moment.

Initially I was happy to see Oregon State rather than Tennessee.. but after sitting on it, one has to acknowledge the momentum Oregon State has coming in.

Should be a good one!
Tennessee was pretty mediocre down the stretch and was without their best big. Not a surprise that Oregon State won. The Oregon State center had a huge game today and his size is potentially a bad matchup for us, but we'll see.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005

Should be a good one!
Have to be solid on three point defense and block out their 7’1” center

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Tennessee was pretty mediocre down the stretch and was without their best big. Not a surprise that Oregon State won. The Oregon State center had a huge game today and his size is potentially a bad matchup for us, but we'll see.
Should have more driving lanes so should be able to drive into him and hopefully get him in foul trouble. Doesn’t seem real mobile

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Looking at the stats he doesn’t seem to rebound all that well. He only had 4 of Oregon States 41 rebounds. Of those 4 only 2 were offensive. Which leads me to believe he has slow feet. Just need to attack him with our speed and athleticism on the offensive end

Feb 15, 2013
My question about Sunday is....do we play in same gym as we did tonight? I noticed we and Oregon State played in different arenas which is unusual for NCAA. Hopefully, we are back in same arena for familiarity as top seed.
no teams get to play in the same gym back to back I’m pretty sure.

Feb 15, 2013
Maurice Calloo who was kicked off the team a couple years ago for the BB gun incident plays for Oregon State. He hit a couple threes today. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn when he was here, but i think developing in community college helped him a lot which is about 20 minutes down the road from me.
He actually had a really good game for us at West Virginia right before he got kicked off. There were rumors coach would consider taking him back and I wish he would have.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Looks like we will play at 8:40 pm tomorrow on TBS at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Gotta move a couple miles down the road. Neither team played there yesterday.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
Whew. When Cade had to go to the bench in the first half, there was this overwhelming feeling of like, this game is going just like Liberty wanted, this is exactly what we all feared. And Avery Anderson was like yeah...no.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
My question about Sunday is....do we play in same gym as we did tonight? I noticed we and Oregon State played in different arenas which is unusual for NCAA. Hopefully, we are back in same arena for familiarity as top seed.
no teams get to play in the same gym back to back I’m pretty sure.
We’re in Hinkle Fieldhouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk