Lon Kruger retiring

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
He doesn’t have the flashy name but his results speak for themself. Solid hire.
These results?

51-67 at Illinois State with no tourney appearances. 89-89 conference record at Loyola. 188-140 overall. Only two tourneys but both we were massive. The Loyola success came after WSU left the conference.

The guy can turn it on the Dance, that’s for sure. Lots to be desired thereafter. He better be able to recruit.

Oct 30, 2007
Porter Moser reminds me a little bit of Leonard Hamilton. Both coaches were very average for the first decade of their career, but they got better with time. It will be interesting to see if his success continues at this level.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Porter Moser reminds me a little bit of Leonard Hamilton. Both coaches were very average for the first decade of their career, but they got better with time. It will be interesting to see if his success continues at this level.
Took him 7 years to make loyola good. the previous coach was barely a .500 guy so the program wasnt anything special, only 3 of the previous 7 seasons were above .500. I can imagine it's probably not easy to recruit to players to a private catholic university half the size of OU.

The last 4 seasons, he's 99-36 which seems pretty good to me. I expect good things, but im not expecting a final 4 anytime soon. I think he'll have OU humming as well as Kruger, and who knows, maybe even better, as Kruger wasnt the best recruiter. Maybe Moser can consistently get better players.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Took him 7 years to make loyola good. the previous coach was barely a .500 guy so the program wasnt anything special, only 3 of the previous 7 seasons were above .500. I can imagine it's probably not easy to recruit to players to a private catholic university half the size of OU.

The last 4 seasons, he's 99-36 which seems pretty good to me. I expect good things, but im not expecting a final 4 anytime soon. I think he'll have OU humming as well as Kruger, and who knows, maybe even better, as Kruger wasnt the best recruiter. Maybe Moser can consistently get better players.
He should send a thank you card to WSU.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

What is this witchcraft???!!!??? A sooner talking reason?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

What is this witchcraft???!!!??? A sooner talking reason?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Happens all the time with me !