Lon Kruger retiring

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Lon was brought in to clean up and turn around out program after the NCAA penalties under Sampson and mostly Capel. He has done that and more and is nothing but class. The writing was on the wall once he bought a house in Vegas a few months ago and he wants to be closer to his son who is now coaching at UNLV. Wish him nothing but the best!

It is time for us to more forward with a younger, hot shot coach to take us to the next level.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Lon was brought in to clean up and turn around out program after the NCAA penalties under Sampson and mostly Capel. He has done that and more and is nothing but class. The writing was on the wall once he bought a house in Vegas a few months ago and he wants to be closer to his son who is now coaching at UNLV. Wish him nothing but the best!

It is time for us to more forward with a younger, hot shot coach to take us to the next level.
He always seemed like a very respectable coach and a good human being too, i hope he enjoys his retirement and good luck to his son on his job at UNLV!

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla

Bought a house in Vegas? Why did he sold the house he did have in Vegas?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Agree with everything but the last sentence

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla

I misunderstood a friend....he was telling me bout Lon selling a house in Vegas cause he didn’t want to live there. Then you said he bought a house there. I’m like if he doesn’t want to live there why buy a house...I didn’t say it right....my bad.

It was bad wording on my friend part and misunderstood on my end. Share the blame lol

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Always seemed like a decent guy and the only things I didn't like about him is that he coached at OU and made them harder to hate. If we could have hired him, I would have loved to have him as a coach. I hope he enjoys his retirement and that I dislike the next OU coach more.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
That’s got to be a frustrating front runner. Surely, OU can lure Tom Crean or someone with actual experience.
I dont know that he's the front runner, unless Joe C himself has said it, everything is speculative. I think they are better off with a proven recruiter who has experience for sure