Lincoln Riley’s attempt at a brisket...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Our coach makes bad brisket but has results elsewhere to show for it.

Meanwhile, the ponds in Payne county are perpetually turtle free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, are you one of those "woke" turtle lovers?

Look dude, your #1 fap completely ruined a $150 piece of beef. It's thread worthy. Deal with it.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Hey, maybe Andy Reid will send Lincoln some decent bbq when he is an NFL coach next year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...h-a-gift-for-beating-the-patriots/ar-BB1bNajv

Andy Reid Sent An NFL Coach A Gift For Beating The Patriots

Every now and then coaches refuse to shake hands, but that happens on rare occasions. Rarer still are the times where coaches exchange gifts following a contest.

Well, that’s exactly what happened at the end of the 2019 regular season. The Miami Dolphins took down the New England Patriots to pull off a surprising win.

That win gave the Kansas City Chiefs the No. 1 seed in the AFC. After the Dolphins win, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid sent Kansas City barbecue to Miami coach Brian Flores.

Receiving Kansas City barbecue is quite the gift for Flores, who was a Coach of the Year candidate last season.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Nelson has apparently been in contact with all OU’s big targets and is a package deal with 5* WR Makai Lemon.

And yeah, the run of QBs is ridiculous. It’s a nice feeling to have the best QB developer in college football at the helm and players trip over themselves to play for him.

I’m not exactly mad about any of that.

Williams said he would have walked on. Yeah, having Riley is nice. Thanks Bob!

Good Gawd! It's like "the fappening part 2" up in here...
One day when your favorite team eventually gets the best qbs in the country to commit, you'd be happy too Look what happens when osu has a good qb.

They use weird sauce for bad brisket. I’m out.
His bacon is on point though

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Our coach makes bad brisket but has results elsewhere to show for it.

Meanwhile, the ponds in Payne county are perpetually turtle free.

LOL, are you one of those "woke" turtle lovers?

Look dude, your #1 fap completely ruined a $150 piece of beef. It's thread worthy. Deal with it.
Lincoln’s brisket is Gundy’s football program.

I could give two shits about what Lincoln does in his free time. I know he takes care of business on the football field. Something the mullet hasn’t figured out in almost two decades of trying.

You know what’s worse than a dried brisket on Twitter?

4th and 8 and the OU 39. Down three scores in the fourth quarter and punting it.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Lincoln’s brisket is Gundy’s football program.

I could give two shits about what Lincoln does in his free time. I know he takes care of business on the football field. Something the mullet hasn’t figured out in almost two decades of trying.

You know what’s worse than a dried brisket on Twitter?

4th and 8 and the OU 39. Down three scores in the fourth quarter and punting it.

Let's think about your statement there. Are you really happy with Coach Log? He followed Boob who never disciplined a player for smacking lying females around and had a decent run, that followed under achievement by some real beauties, that followed the cheating, drug dealing, 'roid raging, gun firing outlaws of Switzer's days. The bellybutton tat should probably be under closer scrutiny for his one to three chokes a year he's averaging. For as much booster love as has been dropped down there, the return on the stated goal of every season has really sucked.

Gundy inherited a mess and while he got to work in a light year's better stadium than the (wait for it) palace on the prairie (only an insipid radio announcer with zero talent would call that craphole in Norman a palace) but he has raised the standards of the Pokes considerably from when he started. Coach Log ain't even maintaining.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
A) The standard of football wasn’t very high in Stillwater when Gundy got there.

B) It still isn’t.

C) The rest of what you said is complete garbage. But at least you tried.

So there wasn't any 'roid rages, guns being shot, or drugs being sold by fb players in Norman in the 1970's and 1980's? The federal justice system convicted innocent young men?

Boob didn't have the He-Men woman beater wide receiving and running back corps? Boob didn't have a player pimping out a cheerleader? Bomar willing left?

What did I miss besides the fact we just don't cheat and sell our souls as well as goonerville.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Andy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Andy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You do realize I typed it out and never said a word? By the way, coach log's brisket still sucks, you can't cheat cooking meat like you can in football.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Let's think about your statement there. Are you really happy with Coach Log? He followed Boob who never disciplined a player for smacking lying females around and had a decent run, that followed under achievement by some real beauties, that followed the cheating, drug dealing, 'roid raging, gun firing outlaws of Switzer's days. The bellybutton tat should probably be under closer scrutiny for his one to three chokes a year he's averaging. For as much booster love as has been dropped down there, the return on the stated goal of every season has really sucked.

Gundy inherited a mess and while he got to work in a light year's better stadium than the (wait for it) palace on the prairie (only an insipid radio announcer with zero talent would call that craphole in Norman a palace) but he has raised the standards of the Pokes considerably from when he started. Coach Log ain't even maintaining.
You cant be serious. You must be in an argumentative mood.

Let's think about your statement there. Are you really happy with Coach Log?
Umm, yeah. There's a reason why nfl wants Riley so bad and why nobody wants the mullet. Riley is 45-8 as a HC, with a 30-5 big 12 record. He's recruiting at a level stoops never touched even at his peak. OU has won the conference every year he's been there. He's experienced more success since he took over the job 4 years ago than turtle boy has had in 16 years. He holds the most victories of any OU head coach in his 1st, 2nd or 3rd season. Yes, OU fans are happy to have one of the best coaches alive.

Before Hiring Riley, OU had not won the conference outright for 5 years. Now they've won 6 in a row, 4 of them with him as hc. In the preceding 6 years before hiring Riley, OU was 59-20. Since he was hired, OU is 67-12. Tell me again how OU just isnt able to maintain with Riley.

There no comparison to the job Riley has done compared to the job the mullet has done. I wonder if you know mullet's record against OU after they hired Riley? I do. 0-6. With an average score of 47-29.

Compared to what Riley is doing with OU, the mullet is running a pig shit farm up in stillwater.

Solid take though.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You cant be serious. You must be in an argumentative mood.

Umm, yeah. There's a reason why nfl wants Riley so bad and why nobody wants the mullet. Riley is 45-8 as a HC, with a 30-5 big 12 record. He's recruiting at a level stoops never touched even at his peak. OU has won the conference every year he's been there. He's experienced more success since he took over the job 4 years ago than turtle boy has had in 16 years. He holds the most victories of any OU head coach in his 1st, 2nd or 3rd season. Yes, OU fans are happy to have one of the best coaches alive.

Before Hiring Riley, OU had not won the conference outright for 5 years. Now they've won 6 in a row, 4 of them with him as hc. In the preceding 6 years before hiring Riley, OU was 59-20. Since he was hired, OU is 67-12. Tell me again how OU just isnt able to maintain with Riley.

There no comparison to the job Riley has done compared to the job the mullet has done. Compared to what Riley is doing with OU, the mullet is running a pig shit farm up in stillwater.

Solid take though.
All this talk of the NFL is very strange, has there been one team that publicly went after the SSBB Tat? Where's the evidence? Show a press clipping where an NFL team has actually said they are targeting him? They came Coach Bruh, they came after Rhule, but no proof on the tatted one.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
All this talk of the NFL is very strange, has there been one team that publicly went after the SSBB Tat? Where's the evidence? Show a press clipping where an NFL team has actually said they are targeting him? They came Coach Bruh, they came after Rhule, but no proof on the tatted one.
What's funny about this is you probably were one of the gumps on this board who would say that there's no way Riley stays at OU and that he'll just leave them for the NFL. Of course, he's said nothing to imply he has the slightest interest in doing this. But the point is that everyone knows nfl teams have been eyeballing him for years.

Rhule wanted to move on to bigger things, so when teams asked his agent about his interest, he said he would be. When teams ask Riley's agent about his interest, he says no, so it never gets past that point, so he wont interview with anyone. But you can go on ahead and pretend no nfl team has had interest in him, or his scheme.

Anyway...At least 28 NFL teams asked Sooners coach Lincoln Riley about his offense this year, per Kirk Herbstreit (dallasnews.com)

Oklahoma football: NFL to ‘get on Lincoln Riley’ as early as possible (usatoday.com)

Sources: Eagles Contact Oklahoma Coach Lincoln Riley - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More

A source close to the Eagles said general manager Howie Roseman reached out to Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley about being the team’s next head coach, a call made not long after the team parted ways with Doug Pederson on Monday.
“It isn’t the first time the Eagles have talked to Riley about his potential interest in the Eagles. In fact, he and general manager Howie Roseman have a good relationship and it was a consult with Riley that helped sway the Eagles to draft both Jalen Reagor and Jalen Hurts, per sources.
Nah, it couldnt be.
Lincoln Riley - Home (nbcsports.com)
Jerry Jones ‘very intrigued’ by Lincoln Riley as potential HC? | Yardbarker
Lincoln Riley Listed as Favorite in Odds to Be Falcons Next Head Coach Hired (sportsbettingdime.com)

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
What's funny about this is you probably were one of the gumps on this board who would say that there's no way Riley stays at OU and that he'll just leave them for the NFL. Of course, he's said nothing to imply he has the slightest interest in doing this. But the point is that everyone knows nfl teams have been eyeballing him for years.

Rhule wanted to move on to bigger things, so when teams asked his agent about his interest, he said he would be. When teams ask Riley's agent about his interest, he says no, so it never gets past that point, so he wont interview with anyone. But you can go on ahead and pretend no nfl team has had interest in him, or his scheme.

Anyway...At least 28 NFL teams asked Sooners coach Lincoln Riley about his offense this year, per Kirk Herbstreit (dallasnews.com)

Oklahoma football: NFL to ‘get on Lincoln Riley’ as early as possible (usatoday.com)

Sources: Eagles Contact Oklahoma Coach Lincoln Riley - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More

Nah, it couldnt be.
Lincoln Riley - Home (nbcsports.com)
Jerry Jones ‘very intrigued’ by Lincoln Riley as potential HC? | Yardbarker
Lincoln Riley Listed as Favorite in Odds to Be Falcons Next Head Coach Hired (sportsbettingdime.com)
Yet, there is no definitive proof an NFL team has contacted him or his agent except for speculative articles.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yet, there is no definitive proof an NFL team has contacted him or his agent except for speculative articles.
You do have a history on this board of being susceptible to believing speculative postings on the internet that lack definitive proof. So you ought to take a position & stick with it.

Dec 11, 2011
He better get on with that football success soon, cause that MFer is gonna starve to death before too much longer.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I’d have gladly sat down and ate that with a smile on my face while he filled me in on what he’s doing to reel in Malachi Nelson.

No sauce.

No water.

i'm guessing that's not the only thing you'd take dry from belly tat, for a chance to sit down w/ him..................