Lets Go Brandon!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
No, everyone didn't shrug when Kathy Griffin did what she did or when De Niro said what he said.

The right and their media sources howled about how awful both was...they still are. Kathy Griffin was immediately cancelled, lost all her gigs immediately, and was hounded and attacked and received death threats. There are posts in this very thread from the twitterspere of the right still talking about how profane and outrageous De Niro's F Trump was.

It's all stupid, partisan mopery....the acts from one side that the other side uses to try to manufacture outrage over to energize the base. Nobody and no side is better or worse than the other with this nonsense. They're all guilty as sin when it comes to this. I'm sick of it from both sides.

We've got two different threads started by partisan folks from the other side about how "the other guys" have become a parody of themselves. You know what? Both threads are accurate. And anybody that doesn't recognize and accept that as true is just a partisan hack in my book.
You said “this dumb thread says otherwise....nobody in this thread is triggered.

You should quit moving goalposts.
Wrong poster. @ramases2112 said that. I only pointed out the outlets that picked up the story. Still no idea why they’re choosing this story to make an example out of. All it’s done is spread the stupidity.
As far as our celebrity friends go, they even went so far as to get the secret service to visit several of them. And while shrugging may not seem like the right word, I’ll just say their audiences the “jokes” were aimed, responded with applause and laughter. So I guess it’s not indifference but more like condoning.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Wrong poster. @ramases2112 said that. I only pointed out the outlets that picked up the story. Still no idea why they’re choosing this story to make an example out of. All it’s done is spread the stupidity.
As far as our celebrity friends go, they even went so far as to get the secret service to visit several of them. And while shrugging may not seem like the right word, I’ll just say their audiences the “jokes” were aimed, responded with applause and laughter. So I guess it’s not indifference but more like condoning.
You can say the same thing about the let’s go Brandon guy.

The audience his commentary was aimed at are responding with applause and laughter.

I really do not get attempts to differentiate between the responses from the different sides of these as somehow different with either response being more egregious.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
You can say the same thing about the let’s go Brandon guy.

The audience his commentary was aimed at are responding with applause and laughter.

I really do not get attempts to differentiate between the responses from the different sides of these as somehow different with either response being more egregious.
I can’t but help notice them.

One is organized. One is organic

One set of insults was written by writers and focus groups. One was a misquote that turned into a viral joke.

One was presented on late night and daytime shows endlessly. One has piggybacked on the same media to the pundits dismay.

One gets canned laughter tracks added.
One gets denied and asked to stop.

And this where we are. A significant portion of our population believes they are being censored. For a variety of reasons. Their posts are being blocked on social media also, for a variety of reasons. “Let’s go Brandon” can never be stopped. Those same people have figured it out. Even if you have no say anymore and if everyone seems against you, you can still get your message out and piggyback it on their mediums. You can’t get auto ban for using their own words and who’s going to block the name Brandon? Or Karen?

So in as so far as the populace can still say whatever they feel, I’m in. No matter how idiotic it is.

That said, I realize you and I are far removed from politics as a whole. I’m almost positive you don’t have a side or even a leaning. I know my where biases lie. And they’re not political in today’s world. So when you see me supporting Joe or Don, just know I’m doing completely for the sake of discussion. I can only share what my perceptions are and maybe the perceptions of others that I think I understand.

It seems that anti authority streak in me only gets bigger. It’s still unfathomable to me to be excited about elections or to put a sticker on my vehicle, or sign in my yard. It used to bother me that I couldn’t access those same feelings. Ever. Yet, that also allows me to not hold bias towards them. (Unless total disdain for both is a bias) Also why I like our 2 threads on parody of the parties. One can see, there’s a ton of it, for both.

What I’m not getting is why aren’t the Trump folks using the already existing accounts on social media for: “Not my president” and the “RESISTANCE.” Two very well known FB groups that even held marches and had retreats with workshops.

Oh well.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I can’t but help notice them.

One is organized. One is organic

One set of insults was written by writers and focus groups. One was a misquote that turned into a viral joke.

One was presented on late night and daytime shows endlessly. One has piggybacked on the same media to the pundits dismay.

One gets canned laughter tracks added.
One gets denied and asked to stop.

And this where we are. A significant portion of our population believes they are being censored. For a variety of reasons. Their posts are being blocked on social media also, for a variety of reasons. “Let’s go Brandon” can never be stopped. Those same people have figured it out. Even if you have no say anymore and if everyone seems against you, you can still get your message out and piggyback it on their mediums. You can’t get auto ban for using their own words and who’s going to block the name Brandon? Or Karen?

So in as so far as the populace can still say whatever they feel, I’m in. No matter how idiotic it is.

That said, I realize you and I are far removed from politics as a whole. I’m almost positive you don’t have a side or even a leaning. I know my where biases lie. And they’re not political in today’s world. So when you see me supporting Joe or Don, just know I’m doing completely for the sake of discussion. I can only share what my perceptions are and maybe the perceptions of others that I think I understand.

It seems that anti authority streak in me only gets bigger. It’s still unfathomable to me to be excited about elections or to put a sticker on my vehicle, or sign in my yard. It used to bother me that I couldn’t access those same feelings. Ever. Yet, that also allows me to not hold bias towards them. (Unless total disdain for both is a bias) Also why I like our 2 threads on parody of the parties. One can see, there’s a ton of it, for both.

What I’m not getting is why aren’t the Trump folks using the already existing accounts on social media for: “Not my president” and the “RESISTANCE.” Two very well known FB groups that even held marches and had retreats with workshops.

Oh well.
Agree with much of what you say here, but both are pushed and organized by their respective media sides. Neither is exclusively an organic, grassroots phenomenon.

Where I think we disagree is that I see you still holding on to the concept of a mainstream media (for the left) and some type of a scrappy, underdog alternative media (for the far right). I don’t buy that paradigm. Media is fractured along these lines as well....so-called mainstream media included.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Agree with much of what you say here, but both are pushed and organized by their respective media sides. Neither is exclusively an organic, grassroots phenomenon.

Where I think we disagree is that I see you still holding on to the concept of a mainstream media (for the left) and some type of a scrappy, underdog alternative media (for the far right). I don’t buy that paradigm. Media is fractured along these lines as well....so-called mainstream media included.
It’s true. ( about me ) I did feel like the media assets of the left far outweigh those of the far right. I did. That could be a biased observation. Or I was led to believe that by design. At least, as of 2016-2020.

I have no words for what I’ve perceived since the pandemic. The dynamic has changed. I’ve changed. I have nothing left in me for politics. I guess I still have observations but obviously they’re not 20-20.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I took it and it was a dark, all black American flag. I also thought it was a support the police symbolism.

Actually looked it up and it’s worse than I thought:
There's a new trend in conservative flags that should cause some alarm, and that's the black flag. The black flag has been a symbol of anarchists throughout history but, in America, it has been a call to violence. During the Civil War, it was flown by Confederates to convey the opposite meaning of the white flag, which means surrender.

According to The Sun, Confederates would fly the black flag to communicate that "the unit would not give in nor surrender and that enemy combatants would be killed."
Yikes. I didn't know that. In line with how the flag looks. It's gross.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I have an acquaintance that goes on that godlike site. Wow he has some doozy of comments. smh
So far as I can tell, it’s where news comes to be born. A story starts off and it turns into a war of words. If it survives that war, it’ll become a news story in the msm. We were just laughing the other day as the bbc quoted one of our admins talking about inflation of meats.

Nothing is off limits to say except any words that have to do with one tiny Middle East country. Any derivative of the country name or it’s citizens gets you banned. Other than that, it’s wide open. So obviously 99.99% of it is just someone blowing off steam.

But, once in awhile, comes a crazy story. In November of 19’, Chinese posters started sharing videos of people being zipped alive into body bags, then buildings being welded close with occupants inside, then the vids of doctors pleading for help and lastly, the huge fire pits. Since then, I’ve seen only 1 Chinese poster. Assuming they’re using vpn now. I will forever be grateful to the 90 day head start to the pandemic.

Just like here, you learn to what to skip and what not to. Since the community is global, I enjoy the differences people share, and their news. Like the the police turning dogs loose on senior citizens in the Netherlands last week. Or the Palma volcano. Or the eruption this weekend in Indonesia. Or how London removed all cameras this weekend around parliament.

But you can also buy alien pee if that’s your thing.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
So far as I can tell, it’s where news comes to be born. A story starts off and it turns into a war of words. If it survives that war, it’ll become a news story in the msm. We were just laughing the other day as the bbc quoted one of our admins talking about inflation of meats.

Nothing is off limits to say except any words that have to do with one tiny Middle East country. Any derivative of the country name or it’s citizens gets you banned. Other than that, it’s wide open. So obviously 99.99% of it is just someone blowing off steam.

But, once in awhile, comes a crazy story. In November of 19’, Chinese posters started sharing videos of people being zipped alive into body bags, then buildings being welded close with occupants inside, then the vids of doctors pleading for help and lastly, the huge fire pits. Since then, I’ve seen only 1 Chinese poster. Assuming they’re using vpn now. I will forever be grateful to the 90 day head start to the pandemic.

Just like here, you learn to what to skip and what not to. Since the community is global, I enjoy the differences people share, and their news. Like the the police turning dogs loose on senior citizens in the Netherlands last week. Or the Palma volcano. Or the eruption this weekend in Indonesia. Or how London removed all cameras this weekend around parliament.

But you can also buy alien pee if that’s your thing.

I should also point out a growing group of people sharing the personal information of corporate employees of businesses the masses don’t like. They’re already openly discussing going after Pfizer and moderna employees at their homes. Once violence is openly discussed, that’ll get you a ban too.

Aug 16, 2012
I don't want any, I don't use the phrase, but I've seen worse on their balls.

What's hilarious are the people saying they are going to boycott Titleist. That's going to last all of one round. TP5's have cover issues, Chrome Softs have concentricity issues. ProV's have zero issues.
Dude, go to walmart and buy the $18.95 per 45 balls by NITRO. Soft feel, low spin on drives but bites very well on the greens, flies straight and I can hit it every bit as far as one of the high dollar balls.

And when you lose it, you are out 40 cents.