let me give you a little rundown on the cats

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 29, 2016
US
Speaking of KSU, anyone remember Collin Klein? That dude was the toughest QB I've ever witnessed. He would decimate every defender who dared to tackle him. Hell, he'd hit harder than any defender. And it was like that every single down. Head to YouTube and search for 'Collin Kline KSU QB and witness the destruction his body caused.

The guy was a tank. He should've won the 2012 Heisman.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
This is the only game that I am conflicted about the whole season. I just don't want to see either team lose. With that said, it has been relegated to ESPN+. ESPN really wants to see this conference go down.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
Speaking of KSU, anyone remember Collin Klein? That dude was the toughest QB I've ever witnessed. He would decimate every defender who dared to tackle him. Hell, he'd hit harder than any defender. And it was like that every single down. Head to YouTube and search for 'Collin Kline KSU QB and witness the destruction his body caused.

The guy was a tank. He should've won the 2012 Heisman.

you likely know that ck is quarterback coach at k-state now. married to former wbb player shalin spani whose father, gary, was a legendary linebacker for the cats and chiefs. we keep waiting for more children. ha.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
@tmcats with all due respect, I think it’s a stretch to say he’s Sproles reincarnate. He’s a small/fast runner with great potential. But he has to earn that title. I like what I see in that kid, but Sproles was special.

Sproles was one of the college best running backs I’ve seen play. If I remember right he had like 900 yards in a little over a month.

I think if we have as much success stopping the run this year as we did last year we should win. We faced Howard / Deuce last year… not sure how we kept their rushers bottled up as well as we did.

Deuce 17 for 40
Trotter 9 for 43
Howard 14 for 125

Aside from the one Howard broke open for 69 yards, it was a dominant effort considering how well they ran on other teams.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
darren had 210 yards as a freshman, deuce had 642.
darren averaged 6.2 yards/carry as a sophomore, deuce is averaging 6.0.
darren was 5'7", 170# as a soph, deuce is 5'6", 173#.

k-state's offensive line is more experienced and deeper this year than last. that's been pretty obvious through the first three games. it will be a key, perhaps the key, to who wins saturday; which team dominates the line of scrimmage.

i certainly can't make a judgment today on what comes saturday night. conference games are different. but i do know - without equivocation - that this offensive unit is better than 2020's outfit, sans skylar thompson.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
darren had 210 yards as a freshman, deuce had 642.
darren averaged 6.2 yards/carry as a sophomore, deuce is averaging 6.0.
darren was 5'7", 170# as a soph, deuce is 5'6", 173#.
Sorry, I never saw your response until now.

I think he’s a nice player with huge upside, overtime he could become a really solid RB. I’m just not willing to say he’s even in the same stratosphere as Sproles. That’s not putting anything against DV - Sproles was just that special.

I don’t know how old you are or how much you got to see Daren Sproles actually play, but he was an absolute beast - a game changer that made you hold your breath every single time he got the ball.

https://youtu.be/iP3izaO559E