let me give you a little rundown on the cats

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
1. deuce vaughn #22 is the reincarnation of darren sproles;
2. k-state's offensive line is a strength particularly on the left side - beebe and rivas;
3. quarterback will howard is nowhere near (injured) skylar thompson's skill level;
4. k-state receivers are at best "meh" with the exception of tight end 'bhebhe #0 who is a stud;
5. offense is very much run first;
6. defense now runs iowa state's 3-man front, 3 linebackers, 5 d'backs;
7. transfer portal has shored-up the d'backfield;
8. linebacker has a depth issue, although deuce green #22 is really good;
9. front three are solid and deep although may have lost starter khlid duke to a knee injury, if so, a big loss;
10. special teams have been unspectacular.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/kansas-state/90820

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
Here is a rundown of the OSU offense...Squeeze all your DL down (no need to worry about the edge). Put all your DB's on the outside of the numbers (no need to worry about the middle). You do this and it will be a shutout.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
2. k-state's offensive line is a strength particularly on the left side - beebe and rivas;
3. quarterback will howard is nowhere near injured skylar thompson's skill level;
4. k-state receivers are at best "meh" with the exception of tight end 'bhebhe #0 who is a stud;
9. front three are solid and deep although may have lost starter khlid duke to a knee injury, this is a big loss;

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/kansas-state/90820
I see what you're doing here. The ol' Jedi Mind Trick of making us THINK the Cats are "unspectacular" and just "meh" so we'll get our hopes up. Should be a great game and if you're down here for it....WELCOME!!!!

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
3. quarterback will howard is nowhere near injured skylar thompson's skill level;
9. front three are solid and deep although may have lost starter khlid duke to a knee injury, this is a big loss;

Thanks for the update. In return we'll let you suit up at WR for us this weekend if you would like.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Has to be one of the lowest over/under lines we've had in a long time.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
neither starting qb skylar thompson nor defensive end khalid duke is on this week's depth chart. we didn't expect skylar. but losing duke off the edge is new and significant.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
neither starting qb skylar thompson nor defensive end khalid duke is on this week's depth chart. we didn't expect skylar. but losing duke off the edge is new and significant.
I still remember the year you were so depleted at QB you had to bring in a WR to play the position and we made him look like a Heisman contender.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I still remember the year you were so depleted at QB you had to bring in a WR to play the position and we made him look like a Heisman contender.
I think that was their coach that made him look that way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I see what you're doing here. The ol' Jedi Mind Trick of making us THINK the Cats are "unspectacular" and just "meh" so we'll get our hopes up. Should be a great game and if you're down here for it....WELCOME!!!!
Haha, good one OSUgradndad. TMCats gvies a great snapshot of the Cats. But I think it's the intangibles as well that has K-State playing good football right now.

The kids have bought in to HCCK's philosophy. They are playing "next man up" football. The program did a great job of utilizing the transfer portal in recruiting what is needed to help the team, and not focus on any particular individual.

Most important, the program has gone back to what legendary HCBS was well known for, and that is developing players. Right now they are keeping the defense fresh, and improving on running the 3-3-5 every week. Things are clicking for the Cats right now. The coaching staff got them ready for this season.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
K-State is my second favorite team behind my Cowboys. Anytime we're not playing them, I am pulling for them. I moved to Oklahoma from Wichita (when I was 5) and was born in Topeka. Still have tons of family there. I broke a personal cardinal rule for this game. When I can't make a game or need to sell my tickets, I will never sell to fans of the opposing school. I will usually eat them before selling to an opponent's fans and would burn them before selling them to a Sooner fan. However, I am still having a really tough time getting past this second bout of Covid (immediately followed by influenza B) and there's no way I could even walk from the car to the stadium much less endure an entire game. I blasphemed and gave my tickets to my cousin's son and his wife (who are fantastic people) and are K-State Alums. I know, I feel dirty lol, but they are both also recently recovered from Covid and sometimes you've got to put family first. I know the same is true for them, they pull for the Pokes when they're not playing us!

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Haha, good one OSUgradndad. TMCats gvies a great snapshot of the Cats. But I think it's the intangibles as well that has K-State playing good football right now.

The kids have bought in to HCCK's philosophy. They are playing "next man up" football. The program did a great job of utilizing the transfer portal in recruiting what is needed to help the team, and not focus on any particular individual.

Most important, the program has gone back to what legendary HCBS was well known for, and that is developing players. Right now they are keeping the defense fresh, and improving on running the 3-3-5 every week. Things are clicking for the Cats right now. The coaching staff got them ready for this season.
I agree, after an adjustment period, they are really starting to look like those old Bill Snyder teams that didn't make mistakes, got very few penalties and while not flashy just played fundamentally sound football. We'll have to play well and close to error free to pull out a win....

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
K-State is my second favorite team behind my Cowboys. Anytime we're not playing them, I am pulling for them. I moved to Oklahoma from Wichita (when I was 5) and was born in Topeka. Still have tons of family there. I broke a personal cardinal rule for this game. When I can't make a game or need to sell my tickets, I will never sell to fans of the opposing school. I will usually eat them before selling to an opponent's fans and would burn them before selling them to a Sooner fan. However, I am still having a really tough time getting past this second bout of Covid (immediately followed by influenza B) and there's no way I could even walk from the car to the stadium much less endure an entire game. I blasphemed and gave my tickets to my cousin's son and his wife (who are fantastic people) and are K-State Alums. I know I feel dirty, but they are both also recently recovered from Covid and sometimes you've got to put family first. I know the same is true for them, they pull or the Pokes when they're not playing us!
Dude, get well soon! I'm so sorry you are having such a lousy time with the virus and the flu. You are in my prayers today.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
i've long thought what separates oSu and k-state most is the color of our laundry. i worked for chevron for much of my career. during that time, we spent a good measure with a dr. jim bose in oSu's engineering school developing a fluid for the ground source heat pump industry which was tethered to oSu engineering. after that experience, i thought if not for k-state, i'd easily would have sent my kids to stillwater.