Les Miles....Done

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I know you are just being devil's advocate here or at least i hope, but no person should ever have to go through some of the stuff those girls did while at LSU, very much an abuse of power from Les Miles. That is the hipocracy of our beloved sports though, if you are great and do something terrible whether it is behind the scenes or off the field, you get a slap on the wrist most of the time.
Right on.

I'm ABSOLUTLEY against Les Miles making advances on female staff. He's a grown ass man in a position of authority and freaking knows better.

I'm also against Baylor type stuff happening, getting reported and swept over by the head football coach.

I'm not against players that make MILLIONS for schools getting a few thousand under the table.
I'm not against players smoking marijuana in lieu of getting addicted to painkillers or just because they like to party (as long as they don't get behind a steering wheel)
I don't think it's good for athletes to cheat academically. I also think if you try to remove everyone who's done something academically dishonest. Oklahoma State would have the enrollment of ECU.
Also, if a guy flunks out-was he really asked to leave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Sounds about right; a significant amount of the returning (non-senior) roster were asked to leave.

In fairness, the type of players Les coached at LSU also went 114–34 in 11 years and 62–28 in the SEC West. So there’s that.

Meanwhile, we’ve won one conference championship in 16 years under Gundy. So there’s that. And Mike Gundy has two wins against Oklahoma.

Les Miles also had two wins against Oklahoma...in four seasons

I know this board loves to throw shade at Les Miles, but sometimes it’s enlightening to look at numbers.
When you cheat and allow shady players to prosper to get another job sometimes that happens.. btw les miles record here is terrible compared to Gundy. He just was here at a time when we needed to even make a bowl. Les left us in the locker room of that Alamo bowl. Never forgiven for that especially now that we know he was a creeper. Lol

Btw Les Miles best record at Oklahoma state was 9-6...HCMG has done better what ,10 times, at least? It’s not close when you compare the two at Oklahoma State.

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
When you cheat and allow shady players to prosper to get another job sometimes that happens.. btw les miles record here is terrible compared to Gundy. He just was here at a time when we needed to even make a bowl. Les left us in the locker room of that Alamo bowl. Never forgiven for that especially now that we know he was a creeper. Lol

Btw Les Miles best record at Oklahoma state was 9-6...HCMG has done better what ,10 times, at least? It’s not close when you compare the two at Oklahoma State.
Bob Simmons got us to the first bowl in forever and then ran the team into the ground.
Les Miles is a significant part of the turnaround we experienced in the 2000’s.
Mike Gundy is a very good coach who built off what Les Miles built; and like I stated above; What Les did for OSU is 75% positive and 25 % negative.

Also Les left for LSU because he wanted to compete for National Championships and has.

He didn’t leave for a mediocre school.

I think too many OSU fans get too caught up in their feelings and forget that college football is big business and if you have an elite level coach; he’s going to do whatever it takes to win a championship and be the best.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Bob Simmons got us to the first bowl in forever and then ran the team into the ground.
Mike Gundy is a very good coach who built off what Les Miles built; and like I stated above; What Les did for OSU is 75% positive and 25 % negative.

Also Les left for LSU because he wanted to compete for National Championships and has.

I think too many OSU fans get too caught up in their feelings and forget that college football is big business and if you have an elite level coach; he’s going to do whatever it takes to win a championship and be the best.
There's a reason Michigan wouldn't bring Les home. Now we all know why.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

It was a Godsend that he left when he did...he was "cheating" by taking questionable players and running things in a way that would mostly serve his self interest with little to no regard for the school or the long term wellness of the program. When Boone offered him things like new turf and an improved stadium he barely even listened. I honestly think that had he not left we would NOT have BPS, the football offices, or the program we now have. HCMG had to clean up HCLM's "act." HCMG, no matter your feelings for him, pretty much saved OSU football from ncaa probation had Miles not left. It is what it is.

I absolutely LOVE Gundy's focus on the "culture" of the program. This has literally saved us.

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
It was a Godsend that he left when he did...he was "cheating" by taking questionable players and running things in a way that would mostly serve his self interest with little to no regard for the school or the long term wellness of the program. When Boone offered him things like new turf and an improved stadium he barely even listened. I honestly think that had he not left we would NOT have BPS, the football offices, or the program we now have. HCMG had to clean up HCLM's "act." HCMG, no matter your feelings for him, pretty much saved OSU football from ncaa probation had Miles not left. It is what it is.
Les Miles was a good hire for OSU; but Les Miles wanted to take risks to win and Oklahoma State prioritized staying conservative in regards to the NCAA above winning at all costs.

Also, I haven’t seen anything in regards to crippling sanctions that happened during his time at LSU.

It’s OK for a coach to leave a school. This is a free market, not indentured servitude.

There is no reason to make it sound like Early 2000’s Stillwater was on par with MS-13 or Hell’s Angels.

It worked out for Les Miles and it worked out for us. I’m not singling you out individually, but I’ll never understand the saltiness so many OSU fans have at Les Miles.

Coaching Power 5 football is competitive and if a coach isn’t constantly challenging himself to be the best coach they can be; they leave the door open for complacency and mediocrity.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Les Miles was a good hire for OSU; but Les Miles wanted to take risks to win and Oklahoma State prioritized staying conservative in regards to the NCAA above winning at all costs.

Also, I haven’t seen anything in regards to crippling sanctions that happened during his time at LSU.

It’s OK for a coach to leave a school. This is a free market, not indentured servitude.

There is no reason to make it sound like Early 2000’s Stillwater was on par with MS-13 or Hell’s Angels.

It worked out for Les Miles and it worked out for us. I’m not singling you out individually, but I’ll never understand the saltiness so many OSU fans have at Les Miles.

Coaching Power 5 football is competitive and if a coach isn’t constantly challenging himself to be the best coach they can be; they leave the door open for complacency and mediocrity.
My saltiness for former coach Miles is reserved for those who think he was more successful than our current coach (he wasn't)...and those who can't put HCMG in his rightful place as the leader of this program who has brought us, BY FAR, the most successful era in our history as well as literally SAVED us from the ncaa hammer. Make no mistake, that's EXACTLY what he did.

Btw, I think he's doing really well now that he survived the bitterness of the "summer of love" that occurred and attempts to cancel him for his personal political leanings. He seems to have righted that ship and it's sailing in the right direction again, now. I'm excited about next year more than I was this past season due to certain players being gone and moving on (I'm rooting for their next steps, but I'm also glad they aren't toward Stillwater), but I'm EVEN more excited that the players and the coach reconciled this past season. That was NOT easy in this past summers "culture" of division. In fact I don't see that as something Miles would have been equipped to do. That the program and culture was able to reconcile, despite political differences, gives me more hope for the future, not "Les."

As far as "complacency and mediocracy" we are recruiting our butts off right now and are sitting at a ranking of #10 nationally for the 2022 class...and the 2021 class is sitting at 3rd in the conference...Those two numbers are the best we have obtained under Gundy. I'm telling you, he has another run in him...I'm hopeful that it will develop.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Following the rules is conservative? We get it. You want win at all costs. You would kill your own mother for a championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
My saltiness for former coach Miles is reserved for those who think he was more successful than our current coach (he wasn't)...and those who can't put HCMG in his rightful place as the leader of this program who has brought us, BY FAR, the most successful era in our history as well as literally SAVED us from the ncaa hammer. Make no mistake, that's EXACTLY what he did.

Btw, I think he's doing really well now that he survived the bitterness of the "summer of love" that occurred and attempts to cancel him for his personal political leanings. He seems to have righted that ship and it's sailing in the right direction again, now. I'm excited about next year more than I was this past season due to certain players being gone and moving on (I'm rooting for their next steps, but I'm also glad they aren't toward Stillwater), but I'm EVEN more excited that the players and the coach reconciled this past season. That was NOT easy in this past summers "culture" of division. In fact I don't see that as something Miles would have been equipped to do. That the program and culture was able to reconcile, despite political differences, gives me more hope for the future, not "Les."

As far as "complacency and mediocracy" we are recruiting our butts off right now and are sitting at a ranking of #10 nationally for the 2022 class...and the 2021 class is sitting at 3rd in the conference...Those two numbers are the best we have obtained under Gundy. I'm telling you, he has another run in him...I'm hopeful that it will develop.
Thats great that we may have a top ten recruiting class in Mike Gundy’s 16th season as head coach.