Les Miles....Done

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://sports.yahoo.com/les-miles-kansas-lsu-sexual-harassment-000326975.html

“After losing the 2012 National Championship game, Miles attempted to sexualize the staff of student workers in the football program by, for instance, allegedly demanding that he wanted 'blondes with the big boobs' and 'pretty girls.' According to (Sharon) Lewis, he also allegedly took a more direct role in the hiring of those student workers.”

“In her interview, Lewis stated that around this time her ‘worst nightmare happened’ when an Athletics Department student worker (“Student 1”) came to her ‘very upset about something that happened when she was alone with Coach Miles.’ According to Lewis, Student 1 requested her assistance in confronting Miles regarding the allegations. Another longtime Football Operations employee was present for the meeting and recalled, from her perspective, that Student 1 was ‘completely traumatized’ by the alleged incident: ‘This child had a dead stare ... she just kept saying, over and over, ‘You know what you did to me.’ Sharon Lewis echoed this, describing the interaction between Student 1 as ‘emotional’ and ‘traumatic.’ ”

"(In) February 2013, a second student worker (identified as 'Student 2') "[r]eported inappropriate contact and text messages with Miles” to Lewis, which were documented in her communications to Human Resources."

“At least three witnesses recalled Miles labelling the student workers as ‘a.m. and p.m. girls’ — a designation which Miles also openly gave to female full-time Football Operations staff. Several other employees recalled Miles referring to the student workers as looking like a 'bad bowling team.' Employees interviewed as part of Husch Blackwell’s review stated that 'only certain ones were allowed to be in the head coach’s office, not everyone. And most of them were either blonde, they were all attractive, but most of them that came through here were blonde.' ”

"Another individual recalled Miles saying ‘many times,’ ‘I want the blondes not the brunettes working in this office.’ As one witness explained, ‘It makes me want to vomit, because it was kind of that every year it got a little worse and a little worse and for a while, after a while it almost became normal that we can’t hire anybody that’s fat and ugly.’ "

Dec 11, 2011
Honestly, the way this all went down, I see LSU in a worse light than Miles. He’s always come across as odd; this just confirms that he crosses into creepy territory. LSU obviously put a higher value on football success (shocker) than the well-being of student workers.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Honestly, the way this all went down, I see LSU in a worse light than Miles. He’s always come across as odd; this just confirms that he crosses into creepy territory. LSU obviously put a higher value on football success (shocker) than the well-being of student workers.
Miles beat OU twice. In some people's eyes that makes him a hero around here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Assuming we are in a post Covid world next football season, KU still may have a decrease in football attendance over this year.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
There was something always off about Kansas hiring Miles. He turned Oklahoma State around and changed the culture; I’d say 75% positive and 25% negative.

Dude is a good coach, but obviously a train wreck of a person.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
How many players did Gundy not keep when he took over for Miles, I think 12.
Sounds about right; a significant amount of the returning (non-senior) roster were asked to leave.

In fairness, the type of players Les coached at LSU also went 114–34 in 11 years and 62–28 in the SEC West. So there’s that.

Meanwhile, we’ve won one conference championship in 16 years under Gundy. So there’s that. And Mike Gundy has two wins against Oklahoma.

Les Miles also had two wins against Oklahoma...in four seasons

I know this board loves to throw shade at Les Miles, but sometimes it’s enlightening to look at numbers.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Sounds about right; a significant amount of the returning (non-senior) roster were asked to leave.

In fairness, the type of players Les coached at LSU also went 114–34 in 11 years and 62–28 in the SEC West. So there’s that.

Meanwhile, we’ve won one conference championship in 16 years under Gundy. So there’s that. And Mike Gundy has two wins against Oklahoma.

I know this board loves to throw shade at Les Miles, but sometimes it’s enlightening to look at numbers.
Did you read the dirty game? If he doesn't leave and Gundy cleans house, we could be looking at another near death penalty. What was one of the infractions that stuck from that mess? The girls working with the team...the program had to be separated from the athletic dept. LSU gets away with that kind of stuff. Not OSU.
I'm glad he left when he did and Gundy has run an honest program (as far as we know) since then.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Did you read the dirty game? If he doesn't leave and Gundy cleans house, we could be looking at another near death penalty. What was one of the infractions that stuck from that mess? The girls working with the team...the program had to be separated from the athletic dept. LSU gets away with that kind of stuff. Not OSU.
I'm glad he left when he did and Gundy has run an honest program (as far as we know) since then.
Oh you mean, like the death penalty that happened to LSU?

I read the Dirty Game. Players smoked weed, cheated on papers and hooked up with chicks easily ( I'll assume you never visited a fraternity house) Defo gave out some cash, and guys worked under the table on a ranch. Not really Baylor level stuff going on.

Shady stuff happens at EVERY UNIVERSITY. Moreso, when they win.

The national media looked at the Sports Illustrated hitpiece like this after people realized it was written by an OU homer.

Last edited:

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Oh you mean, like the death penalty that happened to LSU?

I read the Dirty Game. Players smoked weed, cheated on papers and hooked up with chicks easily ( I'll assume you never visited a fraternity house) Defo gave out some cash, and guys worked under the table on a ranch. Not really Baylor level stuff going on.

Shady stuff happens at EVERY UNIVERSITY. Moreso, when they win.

The national media looked at the Sports Illustrated hitpiece like this after people realized it was written by an OU homer.

:facepalm:

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater

I know you are just being devil's advocate here or at least i hope, but no person should ever have to go through some of the stuff those girls did while at LSU, very much an abuse of power from Les Miles. That is the hipocracy of our beloved sports though, if you are great and do something terrible whether it is behind the scenes or off the field, you get a slap on the wrist most of the time.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I know you are just being devil's advocate here or at least i hope, but no person should ever have to go through some of the stuff those girls did while at LSU, very much an abuse of power from Les Miles. That is the hipocracy of our beloved sports though, if you are great and do something terrible whether it is behind the scenes or off the field, you get a slap on the wrist most of the time.
Right on.

I'm ABSOLUTLEY against Les Miles making advances on female staff. He's a grown ass man in a position of authority and freaking knows better.

I'm also against Baylor type stuff happening, getting reported and swept over by the head football coach.

I'm not against players that make MILLIONS for schools getting a few thousand under the table.
I'm not against players smoking marijuana in lieu of getting addicted to painkillers or just because they like to party (as long as they don't get behind a steering wheel)
I don't think it's good for athletes to cheat academically. I also think if you try to remove everyone who's done something academically dishonest. Oklahoma State would have the enrollment of ECU.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
How many players did Gundy not keep when he took over for Miles, I think 12.

So it’s ok to be sleazy if you win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mar 29, 2014
Any chance this Les Miles situation spills over to OSU? Sounds eerily similar to what was claimed in the Sports Illustrated article.