Landon Wolf enters transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

I also have to sit back & laugh thinking about how many coaches warned us how the grad transfer rule was going to be such a terrible thing.

Aug 19, 2006
One of my favorite players. Disappointing as I was hoping he'd return for his super senior year but don't want to read too much into it. Maybe he just wanted to go somewhere he had a shot at being a featured receiver. He certainly earned that opportunity during his time at OSU.

If I was a college coach right now, this open transfer stuff would scare me out of the profession. How do you plan for the potential of 18-22 year olds just deciding to bail out because they believe the grass is going to be greener somewhere else. Do you approach player development differently now because its easier for younger guys to jump ship instead of competing and waiting their turn?

For example, how does Gundy prepare for the possibility that Illingworth or Sanders decides after Spring ball to leave because they want to be the "man"? Now your only viable backup option is Bullock??

I'm not saying scholarship athletes shouldn't be allowed to transfer but this feels like a very slippery slope.

Aug 19, 2006
One of my favorite players. Disappointing as I was hoping he'd return for his super senior year but don't want to read too much into it. Maybe he just wanted to go somewhere he had a shot at being a featured receiver. He certainly earned that opportunity during his time at OSU.

If I was a college coach right now, this open transfer stuff would scare me out of the profession. How do you plan for the potential of 18-22 year olds just deciding to bail out because they believe the grass is going to be greener somewhere else. Do you approach player development differently now because its easier for younger guys to jump ship instead of competing and waiting their turn?

For example, how does Gundy prepare for the possibility that Illingworth or Sanders decides after Spring ball to leave because they want to be the "man" somewhere else next Fall. Now your only viable backup option is Bullock heading into the summer??

I'm not saying scholarship athletes shouldn't be allowed to transfer but this feels like a very slippery slope.

I guess the flip side is this gives coaches an opportunity to cull past recruiting misses at the end each season and "encourage" under-performing athletes to enter the portal so their scholly can be put to better use. Who knows what is actually going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

For example, how does Gundy prepare for the possibility that Illingworth or Sanders decides after Spring ball to leave because they want to be the "man"? Now your only viable backup option is Bullock??

Gunnar for backup.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

That’s why you need to recruit a QB in every class. Let the chips fall where they may. If we recruit over Spencer and Shane and they decide to leave so be be it. QB is not a position where you can piece mill and expect good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2006
Is he going through Spring ball? Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Wouldn't surprise me at all if one our QB's decides to transfer. Seems like half the P5 teams started transfer QB's this past season, including Ohio State.

I think Taylor Cornelius might have been among the last of a dying breed. Guys who are willing to pay their dues and wait their turn to start, even if its their last year of eligibility. Everyone's in a hurry now to start early and leave early. Not sure it's good for the game but that genie is out of the bottle. Coaches will have to adjust to the new reality.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

you make sure your program is the school players want to transfer to.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
Pass Attempts remained constant transitioning from Rudolph to Corndog.

Pass Attempts per game has decreased by 22% since Sanders has taken over as QB the last two years. That is a huge drop. That is 8 less attempts and has resulted in 5 less completions per game.

In 2019, if those 65 Rec went to 1 player, he would be the leading receiver for the season.
In 2020, 55 Rec would have been 2nd on the team.

Increase in 5.5 rushes per game. We have made a conscious effort to move towards a heavy running game.

Aug 19, 2006
you make sure your program is the school players want to transfer to.
That's usually going to be based on whether they think they can start at your program. If not, why make the transfer.

I'd rather not be the program everyone believes they could transfer to and start at. KU fits that mold pretty well.