Kerr-Drummond being demolished

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 29, 2007
NE OK
I moved into Kerr4 late first semester of my freshman year, it was when Ethan and Evan Howell were there sitting out their year wait after transferring.

One day I was playing pool by myself in the lounge and one of them (I couldn't tell them apart) walked in and asked me "Ready to get yo azz whooped?" LOL my hands slipped into a baseball bat grip on the pool stick and I said "What?" He goes rack em up and laughed...

John_05MAE

Nothing to see here
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Rural BA OK
Most of the friends that I made at OSU, I met in my first year while I lived on Kerr 10, 1999-2000.

My original potluck roommate got busted by the OSBI for software/movie piracy.

I have 4 good friends that I still talk to even though I live out of state.

I understand the reasons they are knocking it down, but it still makes me a little sad.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
I wonder if they could make the new dorms more like Stout. It's a traditional dorm like KD, but with coed floors and the individual rooms are much nicer (each room has its own thermostat and sink), and the lounges have a full kitchen (fridge, sink, stove, and oven). I lived in Stout for two years (before the Honor's college said a 3.0 wasn't good enough) and made a large number of friends that way.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm glad to see an ugly poorly designed building Like Kerr Drummond leveled, just like Wilhelm before them. We have a chance to make the ugliest part of campus more like the rest of campus, hope they don’t mess it up architecturally. The 70’s was just bad architecture in Oklahoma.

Jun 6, 2007
Stillwater OK
Willham.

Willham North and South were named after Oliver Willham who was OSU President in the 1950s and maybe into the early 1960s. As I recall, he was OSU Pres after Henry G Bennett died in a plane crash in Iran (or was it Turkey?) while on a mission for the US Point Four program.

I lived in Willham South in the 1970s, first on 13, then 2, then 6. I was a Desk Clerk there for 2 or more years. I was also a Desk Clerk at Kerr-Drummond in summer 1974--my very first job at OSU. Years later, I ended up marrying the woman who hired me to be a Desk Clerk at Kerr-Drummond.