Kasey Dunn

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I was in a hospitality room at a basketball tournament with game up on a projector. The sound of the air coming out of goon lungs made up for me not being able to act like a fan.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I was in a hospitality room at a basketball tournament with game up on a projector. The sound of the air coming out of goon lungs made up for me not being able to act like a fan.
Company dinner that night and they were waiting on me to arrive before going to the table…I was sitting in the parking lot listening to the game. :D

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
No, I am saying our defense appears to be damn good and we're 4 and Oh, baby! And yet people can't appreciate a damn good defense and would rather lose 100 point shoot outs than win with good defense. The pissing and moaning and whining is shrill. Hearing it after every win is like listening to a Pelosi speech.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
What’s that have to do with my comments to the post regarding leaving plays in your hip pocket?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So I believe in giving credit where it is due. Dunn and/or Gundy (I'll just refer to them as Dunndy) called a hell of a good offensive game on Saturday night. More passes over the middle of the field that we've seen in a long long time. I'll have to watch a replay to be sure but even in the 2nd half when we had several 3 and outs, I don't think it was because we went into our usual shell....it was more due to penalties and missed execution.

The O-Line pass protected better than they have all year so that could have had something to do with it. It's also possible that KSU's secondary has issues, I don't know but we had a lot of open receivers. The biggest problem, especially in the second was that SS was off on several throws to wide open receivers. He's still the starter in my book but that has to improve quickly or I may start to change my mind.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
No, I am saying our defense appears to be damn good and we're 4 and Oh, baby! And yet people can't appreciate a damn good defense and would rather lose 100 point shoot outs than win with good defense. The pissing and moaning and whining is shrill. Hearing it after every win is like listening to a Pelosi speech.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
Uh..no. I’d rather listen to us whine about wins. I can’t do the latter.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
So I believe in giving credit where it is due. Dunn and/or Gundy (I'll just refer to them as Dunndy) called a hell of a good offensive game on Saturday night. More passes over the middle of the field that we've seen in a long long time.
This is a myth that needs to be put to bed. Here are SS’s passing attempts for the entire season so far.

He has thrown by far most of his passes into the middle of the field, even before the KSU game.
I'll have to watch a replay to be sure but even in the 2nd half when we had several 3 and outs, I don't think it was because we went into our usual shell....it was more due to penalties and missed execution.
There were a few factors here. Warren went out and that affected our ability to run and pass out of the backfield. And then, yes, the untimely penalties absolutely killed us as well. SS barely missed on one throw to Green. It happens. But it would have gone for a TD.
The O-Line pass protected better than they have all year so that could have had something to do with it. It's also possible that KSU's secondary has issues, I don't know but we had a lot of open receivers.
It may partially be KSU but the bigger reason is that the passing schemes and plays are getting better and better. Especially when teams are stacking their linebackers close to the LOS to stop the run.
The biggest problem, especially in the second was that SS was off on several throws to wide open receivers. He's still the starter in my book but that has to improve quickly or I may start to change my mind.
Haha, no. Just no. SS had one memorable off-throw in the second half. He was nowhere near the biggest problem in either half.

He threw for 344 yards at over 15 yards per completion, with a 65% completion rate. 2 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, zero turnovers.

If you’re thinking he needs to “improve quickly” from that stat line or else you want him benched, you’re insane.