Kasey Dunn

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Still undefeated when holding opponents to 20 or less.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
So you’re saying that with 1/2 the game left. You’ve played rather poorly and you’re hanging on with a one point lead you stay conservative and save your better plays for later in the season because you always win those games when they score 20 or less?

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Still undefeated when holding opponents to 20 or less.

So you’re saying that with 1/2 the game left. You’ve played rather poorly and you’re hanging on with a one point lead you stay conservative and save you’re better plays for later in the season because you always win those games when they score 20 or less?
No, I am saying our defense appears to be damn good and we're 4 and Oh, baby! And yet people can't appreciate a damn good defense and would rather lose 100 point shoot outs than win with good defense. The pissing and moaning and whining is shrill. Hearing it after every win is like listening to a Pelosi speech.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Our offense was really fun to watch in the first half. That's the offense I expected to see going into this season. The second half was frustrating at times. There were several things that contributed to that: conservative playcalling, Warren got worn down, and Sanders wasn't as sharp.

I came away from the game encouraged. We aren't there yet, but we're starting to see flashes of a good offense. If we can put things together, we could be a really tough team to play by the end of the year.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Our offense was really fun to watch in the first half. That's the offense I expected to see going into this season. The second half was frustrating at times. There were several things that contributed to that: conservative playcalling, Warren got worn down, and Sanders wasn't as sharp.

I came away from the game encouraged. We aren't there yet, but we're starting to see flashes of a good offense. If we can put things together, we could be a really tough team to play by the end of the year.
I'm hoping this team's offense can look 2013ish by the end of the year (2013 wasn't great on offense to start and leaned on the D to win, but they got rolling midway through), with Warren as a souped up Desmond Roland and LD /Dez/Dom settling into a Jeremy Smith role. Sanders running the offense like Chelf did, but Sanders is an even better runner. Would just like an ending less heartbreaking fashion. that 2013 was dominant and fun

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Field position hurt us some in the second half. However a defense rose to the occasion time and time again. Hopefully we are developing a well rounded team where the offense and defense compliment each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
I'm hoping this team's offense can look 2013ish by the end of the year (2013 wasn't great on offense to start and leaned on the D to win, but they got rolling midway through), with Warren as a souped up Desmond Roland and LD /Dez/Dom settling into a Jeremy Smith role. Sanders running the offense like Chelf did, but Sanders is an even better runner. Would just like an ending less heartbreaking fashion. that 2013 was dominant and fun
The 2013 bedlam game still haunts me. We came this close to winning our 2nd conference championship in 3 years.

Oct 30, 2007

About the same for me, however, we do not have that long. We have exactly 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
The 2013 bedlam game still haunts me. We came this close to winning our 2nd conference championship in 3 years.

this was literally the worst day in my history of sports fandom. this is when my hate for OU reached new heights. especially since this was all in the wake of "The Dirty Game" Thayer Evans article gooner smear campaign.

Nov 18, 2010
this was literally the worst day in my history of sports fandom. this is when my hate for OU reached new heights. especially since this was all in the wake of "The Dirty Game" Thayer Evans article gooner smear campaign.
Agree that that entire Thayer Evans thing had an OU stink to it. I remember a lot of OU fans asking 'how did OSU get so good' right before a mysterious free lance 'journalist' comes to town to destabilize the program. Somebody was paying him for that... weaponized media. I'm not sure we've fully recovered from it just yet.

I can not wait to divorce OU. They've been sabotaging OSU football for years.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I was in a hospitality room at a basketball tournament with game up on a projector. The sound of the air coming out of goon lungs made up for me not being able to act like a fan.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I was in a hospitality room at a basketball tournament with game up on a projector. The sound of the air coming out of goon lungs made up for me not being able to act like a fan.
Company dinner that night and they were waiting on me to arrive before going to the table…I was sitting in the parking lot listening to the game. :D

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
No, I am saying our defense appears to be damn good and we're 4 and Oh, baby! And yet people can't appreciate a damn good defense and would rather lose 100 point shoot outs than win with good defense. The pissing and moaning and whining is shrill. Hearing it after every win is like listening to a Pelosi speech.

What’s that have to do with my comments to the post regarding leaving plays in your hip pocket?