Kasey Dunn

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Typical OSU fan, we make a bad offense look good and it's somehow all the offense's fault we lost. OSU fans somehow can only consider one side of the ball. We were 107th in total defense in 2011. If we had been even in the top 75 we would have been in the BCS championship game. Our defense sucked. We couldn't stop a junior high team, and especially true that night. Not being able to keep the #60 offense in the nation from scoring is shameful.
I think you're making it sound worse than they actually were. It was a "service-able" bend and not break defense, that was VERY opportunistic on takeaways (turnovers).

They made a RGIII led Baylor team look completely laughable. Drive the field... and just completely crapcan stuff them inside the 10. PLUS two INT's off RGIII. He got his yards, but our defense (at least that day) made the game laughable. If I remember correctly, the oU game that year was quite similar.

The defense had a terrible ranking that year because they gave up yards and scores. They were also on the field A LOT... as our offense was a freaking unstoppable juggernaut. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong year, but I thought that was one of our best defensive takeaway years, lots of strips for fumbles and lots of INT's.
The 107th defense in the nation is bad, not serviceable. We were fortunate that year to have an offense that could make up for our defensive short comings. This year it appears we have a defense that can make up for our offensive short comings. But rather than be happy with our defense, people want to bitch about our offense.

MEGA DERP!

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
I am very happy with our D. We actually play to win on that side of the ball. We have all the talent on O to be good, not 2011 good but still good. We showed that against KSU. So, it is all in the coaches hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
In a real sense defense held OU to 3. They scored a garbage TD in the last minute after our DC had left the booth to join the celebration.
EXACT same thing for the Baylor game that year. It was 49 - 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The defense was probably at 50% starters for the entire 4th quarter in which Baylor scored 21 more points. The game was over before halftime.

AND the Kansas game.

People like to poopoo that year's defense because of stats, but there were quite a few games that year where starters did not play the full game.
Watched that D in person. Opportunistic and played with effort. Bad scheme and absolutely no depth. Overall, a below average D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk