Kasey Dunn

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
From the body language, Kasey Dunn looking very comfortable after the win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxrq3f04gt8

He also look like the Sigma Male type. No way he'd 100% will listen, follow and allow Gundy to dictate him.

Nov 18, 2010
"Get this thing ready to rock and roll, AGAIN".

Uh...I'm super happy we won. Even happier we are 3-0. But that was the worst offensive performance by OSU football in 15 years. It was not 'rock and roll'. It was a muzak version of 'the girl from ipanema." If not for the defense completely shutting down Boise St. in the second half, (0 points allowed), we lose the game.

I know we had some WR's out for this game, but we had them in the first game and mostly in the second game and the Offense was still the weakest part of the team. OC Kasey Dunn needs to find some legos and get creative fast, or we're in big trouble.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2010
Here's a dumb suggestion. Run the triple option. I mean, we have a QB that runs better than he throws and if we don't have any WR's again next week, we'll be forced to run the ball again. A triple option running attack would shock the first big 12 team we play and the rest would have to create special defenses to play us.

Or forget the triple option, but figure out who is good at what and design something new. There's talent on this team. Customize your offense to take advantage of those specific talents.

Nov 18, 2010
There's an opportunity here for Dunn to make a name for himself. If he can turn this struggling offense around and make it solid, then he'll have shown he's creative and can build an innovative system. (This would also make him a good HC candidate.)

If we keep doing the same things over and over on offense, and continue to struggle all year, then maybe it'll be time to find someone else at the end of the year.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
There's an opportunity here for Dunn to make a name for himself. If he can turn this struggling offense around and make it solid, then he'll have shown he's creative and can build an innovative system. (This would also make him a good HC candidate.)

If we keep doing the same things over and over on offense, and continue to struggle all year, then maybe it'll be time to find someone else at the end of the year.
If we find someone else, can we keep him as the WR coach and Assc. HC?

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I doubt he would be offered nor would he accept a demotion. Maybe the suggestion would motivate him as his body of work from an OC standpoint is super weak. With all that said there were 4 wr out for this game. I understand next man up but you're reaching pretty deep into the depth chart now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
I feel a lot better after hearing what he had to say. Between all of the o-linemen last year and the receivers this year, he hasn't had much of a chance to call plays at full strength. Somehow we're 11-3 with him as the OC despite all the injuries.

Pretty telling when he said we usually bring 9 receivers on a trip an we had 7 last night. Awesome moment when a walk-on rs freshman steps up to seal the game but it's not an ideal situation.

It's frustrating to watch the conservative play-calling but I understand a little bit more.

Hopefully we get some guys back soon.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
This was our depth chart going into the season. Assuming Martin & Bray make it back, we could have 7 of our top 9 receivers on the field against K-State. That should allow us to get a better read on how good Coach Dunn and this offense are going to be this season.

1632076802719.png

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
This was our depth chart going into the season. Assuming Martin & Bray make it back, we could have 7 of our top 9 receivers on the field against K-State. That should allow us to get a better read on how good Coach Dunn and this offense are going to be this season.

View attachment 92162
Plus their absence last night forced them into finding a running game in Jaylen Warren. Now if we can add a semblance of a passing game when Martin and Johnson come back we will be improved offensively. If our D continues to play well it will take a lot of pressure off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Here's a dumb suggestion. Run the triple option. I mean, we have a QB that runs better than he throws and if we don't have any WR's again next week, we'll be forced to run the ball again. A triple option running attack would shock the first big 12 team we play and the rest would have to create special defenses to play us.

Or forget the triple option, but figure out who is good at what and design something new. There's talent on this team. Customize your offense to take advantage of those specific talents.
Honestly running anything, having an identity at all, sounds great. Anything other than handoff-left, handoff-right, 10 yard chuck and/or interception...

We're basically running the Pat Jones until further notice at this point. I guess you can call it the no-option.

I have nothing good to say about this offense, Gundy, and especially Dunn. But I'm pleased/thrilled/shocked that we're 3-0 with at least one solitary quality win.
Haha, ask a dumb question...get a dumb answer.

View attachment 92162
Doesn’t matter if same QB is played, he will continue to give the ball to the other team. Need to also move on at the QB position for the best chance to win in the Big 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX

Our average yards per carry indicate that this would be a disaster. Its the half-ass pass threat that allows us to get ANY yards when we run.

Sep 17, 2019
Edmond
Using adversity as an excuse. Throwing it 13 times in a game is not giving anyone, including a QB who needs the confidence, a chance.....The least we could have done is run outs, slants, and curls. We have yet to put our players in a position to succeed or grow this year...

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

View attachment 92162
Doesn’t matter if same QB is played, he will continue to give the ball to the other team. Need to also move on at the QB position for the best chance to win in the Big 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait a minute how many times did Sanders turn it over Saturday?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
"Get this thing ready to rock and roll, AGAIN".

Uh...I'm super happy we won. Even happier we are 3-0. But that was the worst offensive performance by OSU football in 15 years. It was not 'rock and roll'. It was a muzak version of 'the girl from ipanema." If not for the defense completely shutting down Boise St. in the second half, (0 points allowed), we lose the game.

I know we had some WR's out for this game, but we had them in the first game and mostly in the second game and the Offense was still the weakest part of the team. OC Kasey Dunn needs to find some legos and get creative fast, or we're in big trouble.
Got to give you props for the "Girl From Ipanema" reference.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

I'm still waiting to have more of a traditional TE presence with multiple receivers challenging the middle of the field 5-15 yards down. Hells bells, send Cassity and Presley across there in various forms throughout the game. But, I suppose we're stuck with the same six basic fundamental play formats.