JW Walsh

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Hoping that JW has learned some things and will get a voice at the table. more importantly, I hope that his leadership shines through during games to be a voice to push back when Gundy hears we are going to throw it over the middle and gets on the headset to say no no we do not need to throw it we are up by 3 lets run some clock (of course this is with 7 minutes remaining in the 2nd).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Hoping that JW has learned some things and will get a voice at the table. more importantly, I hope that his leadership shines through during games to be a voice to push back when Gundy hears we are going to throw it over the middle and gets on the headset to say no no we do not need to throw it we are up by 3 lets run some clock (of course this is with 7 minutes remaining in the 2nd).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There’s always a new myth to spawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
Hey Doug?

This is how you get to coach sports at OSU. Put in your time in the trenches.

Congratulations, JW. Hope this is the start of even bigger things for you.

Aug 16, 2012
Graduate Assistant TCU, RB coach Texas Abilene, and then offensive analyst under Lego man. It is technically a pedigree, but...
Next may be a stretch, but who knows down the road. Agree that his current vitae is thin, but if he keeps moving up ....

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I’m sure Gundy put in a call to Yurcich to check on JWs wherewithal while at UT. Yurcich clearly had good things to say. Should be valuable in the coaches room and the locker room in helping relate to the players.

Mar 31, 2011
Hopefully Spencer Sanders and the rest of the QBs can gain some of the "gamer" mentality that JW had. He was always the most competitive guy on the field.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Hopefully Spencer Sanders and the rest of the QBs can gain some of the "gamer" mentality that JW had. He was always the most competitive guy on the field.
Nobody was a bigger gamer in his playing days than Gundy. Maybe I was asleep but I don’t remember the Glory Days with JW at the helm

Nov 14, 2010
Big time!

This will definitely help in recruiting in Texas!

He will sell OSU like its his home and not just his job and he will be doing it to Dallas Metroplex kids where he and his familys name has a ton of credibility.

I could easily see him being our next head coach!

In fact, I hope I'm ight that he is as big of an impact as I think he'll be and that actually happens.

Last edited: