Justice Hill again tweets cryptically about his experience with OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
I would’ve had more respect for Chuba if he would’ve known what he was talking about. Regurgitating mindless blather about a t-shirt that some grad assistant in his composition class told him killed most of my respect for him.
That’s fair, I’m not saying I agree or disagree with the content of his posts, I think all of it could’ve been handled better, but at least he didn’t throw some cryptic vague shade complaining about OSU like a dramatic high school girl on Twitter.

I think Chuba’s heart was in the right place. Justice is just being a bitter whiny jerk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
If I recall, Justice was a team rep at the pre-season B12 media event, and also a team captain. It’s not like his coaches didn’t give him respect or dismissed his contributions.

I wonder if Hill was not allowed back in the training facilities after he opted out of the rest of the season before the final regular season game or two? And thus left with a bad taste in his mouth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
You know, this is one of the first times I’ve read a thread on a sports message board, with two different points of view, where everyone on both sides have been respectful and offered cogent points of view. Color me impressed so far. But someone is coming do drop the ad hominem bomb any minute.

marvin7

Greenhorn
Dec 12, 2020
OKC
I also have no idea what his problem might be/was, nor was I angry with him for leaving, and based on fan reaction at the time, nor were the vast majority of fans angry either (it helped that we had Chuba in the wings). I feel that, save for a stretch near the end of 2019 when Chuba really turned it on, Justice was the better runner back by my eye test. He should've been shooting for a first or at least 2nd round pick position, anything less being unacceptable considering his talent and the uncertainty of running backs even getting to a second contract.

So I was irritated and confused, asking myself "Is being at OSU really so terrible that he'd give up a good chance at many millions to get paid drafted rookie minimum?"* Now that he's played two years, regardless of what I thought about his talent, based on his 12 rushing attempts last year while suiting up in all 16 games, it's clear he's not on track to make bank on a second contract...if he even gets a second contract.

*If you check the rookie pay scale (the averages by round), anything below the 3rd round gets paid roughly the same, which is to say, about $3 million total, compared to about $4 million total for a 3rd rounder, $7 million for 2nd, and $11 million for a late 1st. Had Justice come back and had a terrible year and gotten drafted in the 7th round, he'd have made all of about $2.6 million total. Yes, in theory he could've been going the very conservative route of being willing to take a huge pay hit in order to avoid all risk of a catastrophic injury. But from my experience, players mostly feel invulnerable at that age and are all about the $$, so I doubt it.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Some athletes think they are oppressed and that they should have gotten more in college. Having paid for three kids to go to college, I paid for my own BS and MS and an ex-wife's college I don't feel so bad for these guys. They basically get free room and board, tuition, and if they have the opportunity for grants, OHLAP and other scholarships they get the money for whichever scholarship benefits them the most. Him leaving early doesn't bother me a bit, but his attitude does.

I had terrible bosses in college, I had great bosses in college, but I had to pay for what he got for free. If he doesn't like Gundy, so be it; if he doesn't like the fan base, so be it. If he doesn't want to come back I guess we can't miss him if he's not gone.

Jul 31, 2008
"we alums don't come back"
NFLers: Dez, Mason, Washington, Blackmon, Weeden, Bailey . .. a lot of guys from Gundy era and around Justice's time come back.

We have several on the staff that didn't make the NFL.
Heck, even Bobby Reid came back.

W/o some facts, hard to put any weight on JH's tweets.

PrincetonPoke23

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Victim mode commence! It’s hard to know your truth when you don’t actually say it, you just speak in vague tweets that leave everyone hanging (only to follow up with more vagueness).

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
He needs to just come out and say what the hell is bothering him.

If its Gundy, freakin say you didnt like Gundy, give evidence why!!!

You want change at oSu , you have to provide evidence so that the change can be made! None of us Alumni want a "racist" or any other type of "negative" culture at oSu and we would fully support the firing of whoever was responsible if evidence was provided! BUT cryptic text isn't going to cut it, be a man.
But see that's all it takes nowadays is the innuendo. The appearance that something might have happened. It's the same way so many schools have their title nine courts that basically nail boys to the wall on little to no evidence with no access to due process.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What instigated his tweets? Was he doing an interview? I know several players do not associate with OSU after leaving and not all were because of the portal or left for injuries. There appears to be a trend of more than just 1-2 alumni with similar patterns. I know there were some tongue in cheek comments about Justice quitting on the team and prepping for the draft. There has been a lot of negativity coming from fans and the sports world when guys have the potential to make millions somehow we as fans have the right to call them “quitters” and “soft”. Yes I believe guys should fulfill their scholarship obligations but I also will never be presented with a $1,000,000+ opportunity either. Wonder if it’s related to this......especially after Tevin and Chuba did it then Tylan and the staff removed himself at halftime....
Chuba and Tylan came back for an extra year and unfortunately it didn't plan out the way we wanted, I forever will be grateful they gave it another go and completely understand why they sat out. Hill was a different story.
Exactly. Especially Tylan and the way he handled it. Nothing but respect for him. B

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

You're right, Justice. Most of us will never know what it's like to play big time D-1 Football and have the fortune to make millions playing in the NFL. Also, WTF are you talking about?

Go ponder what? Mike Gundy? Social Justice? WTF are you talking about?

Okay, now you're just embarrassing yourself and trying waaaaaaay too hard. His agent should either talk to him or get him a therapist. These tweets aren't in chronological order, but it doesn't really matter. All the same nonsense.

None of us have an issue with anyone bringing up a legitimate issue/concern, but he continuously tries to bring down OSU. If you have an issue, speak up, make it clear, create conversation, and move on. These cryptic tweets only hurt OSU, a school that gave him a lot. Beyond immature.
Honestly if nobody has mentioned it yet I traversed his Twitter feed. He's all for decentralizing the money supply and moving to virtual currency over the Fed. So that's what the last tweet is about.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Victim mode commence! It’s hard to know your truth when you don’t actually say it, you just speak in vague tweets that leave everyone hanging (only to follow up with more vagueness).
Any truth against the power brokers will get you in trouble in any country.

If you are really a hero, say it loud to clear any ambiguity.