John Kerry, advises terrorist nation of US ally covert operations

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Imagine it's WWII and the US Secretary of State was advising our enemy of our allies covert operations......

Pompeo slams Iran news: 'When I was briefing Trump, Kerry was briefing Zarif'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/po...i-was-briefing-trump-kerry-was-briefing-zarif
Here is the problem with this story...I believe the last 4 years was a bunch of shouting that if those words are being spoken then it is Fake News?

Pompeo then told Hannity that if the reporting on Kerry's conversations with Zarif is true, the Biden administration official must speak publicly and frankly with the American people:

I believe the only thing we have now is a recording of an Iranian diplomat claiming that Kerry told him that Israel had attacked Iran over 200 times

Sounds like something an Iranian Diplomat would claim in order to further stoke aggressions in the ME against Israel.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Here is the problem with this story...I believe the last 4 years was a bunch of shouting that if those words are being spoken then it is Fake News?

Pompeo then told Hannity that if the reporting on Kerry's conversations with Zarif is true, the Biden administration official must speak publicly and frankly with the American people:

I believe the only thing we have now is a recording of an Iranian diplomat claiming that Kerry told him that Israel had attacked Iran over 200 times

Sounds like something an Iranian Diplomat would claim in order to further stoke aggressions in the ME against Israel.
Its also believable because John Kerry is dumb. Even Iran knows how stupid he is

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond

I disagree, especially since Iran is trying to get ANOTHER sweet deal with the current administration. That would be slamming the door in the face of the person that your negotiating with currently to remove sanctions.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

Kerry was maintaining relationships with a terrorist nation while he was no longer secretary of state. Tell me you wouldn't care if this story was about Pompeo rather than Kerry.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Kerry was maintaining relationships with a terrorist nation while he was no longer secretary of state. Tell me you wouldn't care if this story was about Pompeo rather than Kerry.
No a diplomat from a terrorist nation claimed he was meeting with Kerry. That is a big difference. Do we believe the diplomat of a terrorist nation or John Kerry.

Up to you

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
No a diplomat from a terrorist nation claimed he was meeting with Kerry. That is a big difference. Do we believe the diplomat of a terrorist nation or John Kerry.

Up to you
John Kerry meetings with Iran and Michael Flynn talks with Russian officials: Two different treatments? | Fox News

Biden administration officials, including John Kerry and Robert Malley, had meetings with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif during the Trump administration that were orchestrated to undermine President Biden's predecessor, a recent report from The Washington Times claims. Kerry has been open about the fact that he met with Zarif at least twice during the Trump administration, prompting Trump to say he should be prosecuted under the Logan Act because of the meetings.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Up to you
So you're denying Kerry communicated with a terrorist nation while he was no longer secretary of state? Just want to be clear on this.

And no, I don't believe John Kerry.

Can you quote Kerry where he denies ever meeting with Zarif under the Trump Administration?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So you're denying Kerry communicated with a terrorist nation while he was no longer secretary of state? Just want to be clear on this.

And no, I don't believe John Kerry.
I'm not denying that at all. I think this is a matter that SHOULD be heavily investigated but the motives of Iran need to be questioned at all times.

The info that is claimed to be sensitive had already been publicly acknowledged by the IDF itself in 2017 and 2018. So the issue here becomes about If Kerry told Zarif these things after 2017....it was already public knowledge released by the IDF. However, if it was priror to 2017 before the IDF had acknowledge and released it....then there is a HUGE problem and Kerry needs to answer some questions.

The details about Israeli airstrikes in Syria are not as sensitive as some reports have made them out to be. It was not a secret that Israel had carried out airstrikes or even targeted Iranian forces.

For instance, since August 2017, former IAF commander Amir Eshel said Israel had carried out around 100 attacks in Syria. By September 2018 it was reported that Israel had carried out 200 airstrikes in Syria in a year and a half, according to a senior IDF source, The Jerusalem Post and Ynet reported.

By January 2019 the Israeli military had struck Iranian and Hezbollah targets “hundreds of times,” according to reports. The same details in an interview with former IDF chief of staff Gadi Eizenkot included claims that Israel had struck “thousands” of Iranian targets in Syria.

So what did Kerry reveal to Zarif that was not already widely known? Did he tell Zarif these details before 2017?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not denying that at all.
My comment was:

"Kerry was maintaining relationships with a terrorist nation while he was no longer secretary of state."

Your comment was:

"No a diplomat from a terrorist nation claimed he was meeting with Kerry. That is a big difference. Do we believe the diplomat of a terrorist nation or John Kerry."

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not denying that at all. I think this is a matter that SHOULD be heavily investigated but the motives of Iran need to be questioned at all times.

The info that is claimed to be sensitive had already been publicly acknowledged by the IDF itself in 2017 and 2018. So the issue here becomes about If Kerry told Zarif these things after 2017....it was already public knowledge released by the IDF. However, if it was priror to 2017 before the IDF had acknowledge and released it....then there is a HUGE problem and Kerry needs to answer some questions.

The details about Israeli airstrikes in Syria are not as sensitive as some reports have made them out to be. It was not a secret that Israel had carried out airstrikes or even targeted Iranian forces.

For instance, since August 2017, former IAF commander Amir Eshel said Israel had carried out around 100 attacks in Syria. By September 2018 it was reported that Israel had carried out 200 airstrikes in Syria in a year and a half, according to a senior IDF source, The Jerusalem Post and Ynet reported.

By January 2019 the Israeli military had struck Iranian and Hezbollah targets “hundreds of times,” according to reports. The same details in an interview with former IDF chief of staff Gadi Eizenkot included claims that Israel had struck “thousands” of Iranian targets in Syria.

So what did Kerry reveal to Zarif that was not already widely known? Did he tell Zarif these details before 2017?
I'll agree, Kerry has a lot of explaining to do. Such as why are you, when no longer representing the USA, maintaining communications with a terrorist nation.

I'll ask again, would you be OK if it was Pompeo today?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'll agree, Kerry has a lot of explaining to do. Such as why are you, when no longer representing the USA, maintaining communications with a terrorist nation.

I'll ask again, would you be OK if it was Pompeo today?
Only if it was Pompeo with Israel. He did some great work there. I would be suspect if he was going out on his own with China or Russia.

I would also be very suspect of a Chinese diplomat claiming that Pompeo was feeding them intel.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

It sounds like there is a chance he shared classified information with Iran.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It sounds like there is a chance he shared classified information with Iran.
if he did it prior to 2017 there is a very good chance. Kerry only admitted meeting with Zarif in Aug-Sept range in 2018 as the Nuke Deal was about to be pulled by the Trump admin.

They need to get in the 2015-2017 range from the time when the Nuke deal was signed and when the IDF fully disclosed their attacks against Iranian forces in Syria. If Kerry was meeting and talking to them during that period and telling them these things, then he should face prosecution for it.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
if he did it prior to 2017 there is a very good chance. Kerry only admitted meeting with Zarif in Aug-Sept range in 2018 as the Nuke Deal was about to be pulled by the Trump admin.

They need to get in the 2015-2017 range from the time when the Nuke deal was signed and when the IDF fully disclosed their attacks against Iranian forces in Syria. If Kerry was meeting and talking to them during that period and telling them these things, then he should face prosecution for it.
No. If he leaked classified information, it doesn't

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

There's always the chance Kerry's contact was of a personal business type. Maybe he didn't get his cut of the money flown into Tehran.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
There's always the chance Kerry's contact was of a personal business type. Maybe he didn't get his cut of the money flown into Tehran.
His net worth if $250 Million and his wife's net worth is $1.2 billion. I don't think he was in it for the money. Kerry would have been the 3rd richest President in history if had beaten George W.

With Kerry it is political motivation, not money