John Holcomb Fiesta Bowl?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Does anyone know the story as to why John Holcomb was not part of the radio broadcast for Fiesta Bowl?
RA briefly mentioned on his radio show today but gave no reason as to why. Just mentioned he was asked to go in the booth with Dave to cover for John. It was obvious RA did not want to share the nature of the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Hope it wasn't COVID because Holcomb was on my flight back to Tulsa -- so no quarantine going on if he had COVID! That said, he looked fine and didn't appear to be sick.
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT COMING FROM A PLACE OF KNOWLEDGE. MY POST IS PURE SPECULATION.

I remember at the end of last season I was listening to the post game broadcast of the Cheez-it Bowl and while wrapping up Dave thanked the crew for their hard work and for putting up with his very strict rules surrounding COVID because he knew he had asked them to go above and beyond what even the local mandates required. Both Holcomb and Allen's responses seemed...tempered. Like they didn't just come out and say "hey it's okay we were fine with it".

All that to say I just wonder if John broke one of those rules and so Dave wouldn't let him into the booth to do the broadcast?

Again I have no knowledge of this but I think Dave holds a high high standard in terms of covid restrictions.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT COMING FROM A PLACE OF KNOWLEDGE. MY POST IS PURE SPECULATION.

I remember at the end of last season I was listening to the post game broadcast of the Cheez-it Bowl and while wrapping up Dave thanked the crew for their hard work and for putting up with his very strict rules surrounding COVID because he knew he had asked them to go above and beyond what even the local mandates required. Both Holcomb and Allen's responses seemed...tempered. Like they didn't just come out and say "hey it's okay we were fine with it".

All that to say I just wonder if John broke one of those rules and so Dave wouldn't let him into the booth to do the broadcast?

Again I have no knowledge of this but I think Dave holds a high high standard in terms of covid restrictions.
U serious Clark?

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
It's the only thing I can think of. I listened to the Kansas broadcast and they seemed on good terms so...who knows?
Pretty sure they’re individual employees and John in no way reports to Dave. Even if the assertion was 100% accurate, don’t think Dave can punt him out of the booth on his own.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Pretty sure they’re individual employees and John in no way reports to Dave. Even if the assertion was 100% accurate, don’t think Dave can punt him out of the booth on his own.
That maybe true, but again it certainly sounded to me like he was enforcing his own rules on the team when it came to covid. He may have said from the get-go "if it doesn't go like this, I won't be in the booth". So John would be faced with doing play-by-play on his own or go by the standards that Dave set.