Jet Open Sunday (Wrestling)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
A few of our guys went to Kansas and wrestled the Jet Open Sunday. As expected, most of them dominated their respective weights, as there was not much D1 competition. I couldn't find it streaming anywhere, so this is just based on scores. We wrestle at OU next Sunday, so I will have a preview up in a few days. Much like in football - it doesn't look good for the crimson and cream. On to the results!

Travis, Teague (141): Teague is really good, so it is no surprise he dominated the weight with 3 tech falls (one of them 27-12(!)) and 2 major decisions to finish 1st.

Voinovich, Victor (149): Another guy that is right behind the starter and made easy work of this bracket. Tech fall, major decision and pin (1:52) in the finals for 1st.

Harper, Jalin (157): Tech Fall (15-0), Pin (1:24), Pin (2:34) to the finals. Unfortunately met teammate Chance McLane in the finals. McClane took him out in sudden victory OT 4-2. Harper finishes 2nd

McLane, Chance (157): Fall (2:57), Major (11-3) and Fall (0:42) to the finals where he took out Harper. 1st place for Chance

Dopps, Trevor (174): Dopps had 3 pins (3:43, 2:13, 2:55) but got beat in the round robin by JD Johnson from Newman, a 3d year sophomore with a career 37-33 record. he's #70 in 174 according to wrestlestat. Good for 2nd place.

Long, Austin (184): Went 0-2 getting pinned by a kid from Pratt Community College and pinned by a guy from Barton. Not sure who he is, but not a good day for him.

Stika, Gavin (184): 3-0, with 2 pins and a 15-8 win in the finals against Deston Miller of Pratt Community College. 1st place

Doucet, Konner (285): 4-0 (Fall (1:18), 8-2, 5-0 and 11-6). First place.

Got some action I suppose, but definitely not what I would call a challenge for our guys. Anyway, thought aome of y'all might be interested. And if you weren't - who cares. Wrestling rules and you suck.