Jaylen Warren; RAM Matt Leinart's Power Player.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2010
Really great to hear they aren't worried about rankings or national stuff, since it doesn't count for points on the field.

I still think the 'disrespect' works in our favor. More fun to win when you're the underdog.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Seems like a great and humble guy. We have hit the jackpot on so many transfers on this team and Jaylen is the crown jewel. Proud to have players like him represent us.
Absolutely. Stills, Warren, Martin etc. People are very concerned about the transfer portal especially when it comes to elite teams poaching talent from power programs. But if you look at the players we have brought in, vs lost we definitely have fared well.

Is warren the top RB transfer in OSU history? We have had some good ones. I think Chris Carson was the most talented but those dang injuries. He’s doing very well in the NFL. Savage was awesome.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Absolutely. Stills, Warren, Martin etc. People are very concerned about the transfer portal especially when it comes to elite teams poaching talent from power programs. But if you look at the players we have brought in, vs lost we definitely have fared well.

Is warren the top RB transfer in OSU history? We have had some good ones. I think Chris Carson was the most talented but those dang injuries. He’s doing very well in the NFL. Savage was awesome.
C. Carson transferred from Juco.

He probably might had signed with Georgia out of HS, but did not attend there.

Dec 17, 2011
Warren has the best vision I've seen in recent years. The speed and power isn't like others, but he really makes up for it with the vision and cuts

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Warren has the best vision I've seen in recent years. The speed and power isn't like others, but he really makes up for it with the vision and cuts
I could see him getting to the NFL, and being a solid back kinda like Chris Carson did, mostly out of nowhere. He appears to have good vision, balance, ball security, durability, and adequate hands. He also likes to get vertical quickly, which is required at the NFL level, because defenders can get horizontal so quickly. Interestingly, he has a unique ability to be decisive while also looking very smooth doing it. I've seen hit or miss pass protection, but it's looked better recently. I remember a nice blitz pickup against Texas.

Not sure if he would be a full-time starter, but the way teams employ RBBC these days, he has a good chance to have a solid NFL career splitting carries or being an RB2 somewhere. He would fit perfectly with a team like the Browns or Ravens, who like to pound the rock a lot and need a solid RB1-RB2 combo to keep wearing teams down.