Jaylen Warren now considered a Heisman contender

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 8, 2010
It’s interesting how the Big XII has gone from a quarterback league to a running back league. I just hope Jaylon gets every consideration for first team all conference, but there is some stiff competition out there right now. But for what we do and for who we are, I wouldn’t trade him for anybody in the Big XII right now.

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Heisman winners don't disappear in the 4th quarter. Heisman winners beat the hell out of you in the 4th quarter and then offer to go to the parking lot to finish the job. I believe Mr Warren was issuing parking lot invitations yesterday.
Robinson isn’t going to win the Heisman because of the 3 loses TX has. I believe he’s the best RB in the country. I’ll say what I’ve said before, if you believe our D is one of the best in the country then 130yds is pretty good. Warren is going to play on Sunday’s damm good back.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Robinson isn’t going to win the Heisman because of the 3 loses TX has. I believe he’s the best RB in the country. I’ll say what I’ve said before, if you believe our D is one of the best in the country then 130yds is pretty good. Warren is going to play on Sunday’s damm good back.
Once again, great backs beat people up in the 4th quarter Robinson does not for two straight weeks.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
It’s interesting how the Big XII has gone from a quarterback league to a running back league. I just hope Jaylon gets every consideration for first team all conference, but there is some stiff competition out there right now. But for what we do and for who we are, I wouldn’t trade him for anybody in the Big XII right now.
One team went from quarterback league to dominate defense league. And it is glorious.

Jun 20, 2013
RG3... I remember chanting "no more heisman" in the student section after we beat them, but the race was wide open that year.

Side note. Does Warren remind anyone else of Dantrell Savage?

Dec 2, 2008
SC
I get that he has balled out this first game and a half, but I don't see how you can give the Heisman to a kid who will barely have played over half a season.
What is weird about this season is that there has hardly been any real Heisman talk compared to most seasons. I think if Warren would have had a couple of TD’s in the Texass game, he would at least be talked about in passing.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
What is weird about this season is that there has hardly been any real Heisman talk compared to most seasons. I think if Warren would have had a couple of TD’s in the Texass game, he would at least be talked about in passing.
Very much a weird season, especially when the front runner loses his starting job a handful of games in. If Warren can keep putting up numbers he should at least be a darkhouse in the race.

Sep 6, 2014
RG3... I remember chanting "no more heisman" in the student section after we beat them, but the race was wide open that year.

Side note. Does Warren remind anyone else of Dantrell Savage?

Man, we have had some unbelievable running backs in the last 20 years. Chris Carson wasn't even that great in Stillwater, comparatively, and he is having one of the better pro careers so far for our running backs but we have been STACKED: Tatum Bell, Vernard Morency, Justice Hill, Joe Randall, Dantrell Savage, Tyreek Hill, Chuba, Kendall Hunter etc etc

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I recall 2011 and it wasn't until right before the ISU game that they started to talk about Weeden as Heisman candidate. They knew he wasn't the best in the country, but if you are QB on the 1-4 ranked team, you have to be considered.

Of course after the disaster in Ames, he was once again an after thought.

So if we get that high in rankings, who ever is carrying the team (i.e. Warren) will get consideration.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I recall 2011 and it wasn't until right before the ISU game that they started to talk about Weeden as Heisman candidate. They knew he wasn't the best in the country, but if you are QB on the 1-4 ranked team, you have to be considered.

Of course after the disaster in Ames, he was once again an after thought.

So if we get that high in rankings, who ever is carrying the team (i.e. Warren) will get consideration.
I'd just as soon keep the team under recognized and under discussed through the entire season.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Robinson only carried the ball 9 times in the second half against OU for 36 yards. If Texas gives him the ball 15 times they would of beat OU. Sark tried to bury the Goons by throwing the ball and it backfired.
100% agree. His lack of production is on Sarkisian. Texas abandoned their best weapon in crunch time, and it gave them very little chance of winning, especially considering how well our defense was playing. Really surprised they did that two weeks in a row, but definitely won't complain about it.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
100% agree. His lack of production is on Sarkisian. Texas abandoned their best weapon in crunch time, and it gave them very little chance of winning, especially considering how well our defense was playing. Really surprised they did that two weeks in a row, but definitely won't complain about it.
UT Offensive Line is good for 2 to 2.5 quarters. After that, they were dominated by the OU/oSu DL. Robinson is a heck of a back, but that does little good with poor blocking/execution. He got carries, but few yards after their opening 2nd half drive.