Jaylen Warren extra year eligibility

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Warren is 23 yrs old going on 24 next year....he's having a breakout season so why would he come back? If Chuba taught us anything is to strike when the iron is hot!! I don't see him coming back IMO, especially since it's not guaranteed he duplicates the same results. He does have NFL scouts attention, and has a shot at a Senior Bowl invite so I think he's gone.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Sticking around isn't going to help him
I'm not going to peer into a crystal ball about what will or won't happen, but in terms of what could realostically happen. This is his first season in a major conference and has had an up and down year. If he doesn't generate a ton of interest from scouts, I think he could benefit from coming back and trying to have a more consistent year.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I'm not going to peer into a crystal ball about what will or won't happen, but in terms of what could realostically happen. This is his first season in a major conference and has had an up and down year. If he doesn't generate a ton of interest from scouts, I think he could benefit from coming back and trying to have a more consistent year.
Rushing for nearly 1100 yards is up and down?? I think he's have a breakout year. Who's to say he gets injured like Hubbard the following year?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
His NFL potential may boil down to his 40 time. He checks most of the other boxes. At his age, he needs to go now if he has any chance. The clock is ticking with every hit they take, and staying another year with 30+ carries a game plus another year older will not improve his draft stock. It certainly won't improve his 40 time.

If he has a shot at getting drafted at all, he needs to declare and give it a shot.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Rushing for nearly 1100 yards is up and down?? I think he's have a breakout year. Who's to say he gets injured like Hubbard the following year?
You might take another look at his game to game yardage totals. He didn't break out until the third game of the season where he had 218, his largest yardage total. He then goes on a three game stretch with 120+. He follows that with a 3 game stretch where he didn't break 100, which is followed by 113 against TCU and being limited by injury in our last game where he got only 37. So, yes, a very up and down season.