Jan. 6 sentencing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The COPS office established in the Dept of Justice by law (Biden wrote as a Senator) in 1994 provides Federal funding to 13,000 of the nations 16,000 municipal police departments.

Federal funds have been provided to municipal police departments since the early 1970's after the turmoil of the late 60's and riots etc.

In 2019 US police departments received $5.2 BILLION in federal funding
I don't care if it's Dem or Rep, municipal police should be funded by municipalities.

I laughed at the social experiment of defunding police in far away cities last year.

Now it's not so funny anymore.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don't care if it's Dem or Rep, municipal police should be funded by municipalities.

I laughed at the social experiment of defunding police in far away cities last year.

Now it's not so funny anymore.
If you want to read more...this is a great resource https://usafacts.org/articles/police-departments-explained/

How are local police departments funded?
Local police departments spend 68% of all government funds allocated for policing. They receive funding from a variety of revenue streams, including local public funds, federal grants, fines and fees, forfeitures, and private donations.

Two of the largest federal grant programs for local policing are the Community Oriented Policing Services program and the Justice Assistance Grant program, administered by the Department of Justice. In addition, the Department of Homeland Security awards counter-terrorism preparedness grants, the Department of Agriculture funds infrastructure improvements for rural police departments, and the Department of Defense provides surplus military equipment for local agencies.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If you want to read more...this is a great resource https://usafacts.org/articles/police-departments-explained/

How are local police departments funded?
Local police departments spend 68% of all government funds allocated for policing. They receive funding from a variety of revenue streams, including local public funds, federal grants, fines and fees, forfeitures, and private donations.

Two of the largest federal grant programs for local policing are the Community Oriented Policing Services program and the Justice Assistance Grant program, administered by the Department of Justice. In addition, the Department of Homeland Security awards counter-terrorism preparedness grants, the Department of Agriculture funds infrastructure improvements for rural police departments, and the Department of Defense provides surplus military equipment for local agencies.
I appreciate the info.

From a political standpoint I don't like it one bit. It sounds like one of those control things where the Feds can withhold funds if they don't agree with something.

I don't want to fund the St Louis police and I wouldn't think the people of St Louis would want to fund the OKC police.

Mar 11, 2006
Can we please just be done with these two people? It really is just bad reality TV at this point
Honestly, the only real time I read about MTG and Gaetz is what gets posted on this board. They are buffoons why read about them? They are going to say looney stuff. Most know who they are now — not going to give them any more of my time. Same for Cori Bush, Ilan Omar. But all of them have little influence in their party.

Note: I do pay attention to AOC because she does seem to have an influence over a sizable progressive voting block in the House.

Last edited:

OkState1974

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
This is what intelligent people have known all along. IT was a rowdy UNARMED crowd that should be charged at most for trespassing. There was no insurrection. Just a bunch of people being stupid. Pelolsi, Schumer, MSNBC, CNN, Washington Post, etal have been lying for 8 months. Imagine, they IMPEACHED a president for absolutely nothing. Tells you all you need to know about them. Wake up people!!

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Someone. But we don’t know who. Anonymous “former law enforcement” as sources.

This is what intelligent people have known all along. IT was a rowdy UNARMED crowd that should be charged at most for trespassing. There was no insurrection. Just a bunch of people being stupid. Pelolsi, Schumer, MSNBC, CNN, Washington Post, etal have been lying for 8 months. Imagine, they IMPEACHED a president for absolutely nothing. Tells you all you need to know about them. Wake up people!!
Color me not surprised. It was the weakest attempt at an "insurrection" in the history of world. But AOC did almost die. So there's that.
From the source article:
It was the most violent attack on the Capitol since the War of 1812, forcing lawmakers and Trump's own vice president, Mike Pence, to scramble for safety.

Four people died and another died the following day, and more than 100 police officers were injured.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Someone. But we don’t know who. Anonymous “former law enforcement” as sources.

From the source article:
It was the most violent attack on the Capitol since the War of 1812, forcing lawmakers and Trump's own vice president, Mike Pence, to scramble for safety.

Four people died and another died the following day, and more than 100 police officers were injured.
C'mon man seriously?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-death-released-4-5-not-sicknick/7128040002/

And for what it's worth Sicknick's death was later ruled to be natural causes.

OkState1974

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
"Four people died and another died the following day, and more than 100 police officers were injured"

One of the people who died was Ashli Babbitt who was shot by a Capital Police officer (who by the way has never been named or faced any charges!) The others all died of NON-"insurrection" issues. Heart Attack, etc. NO ONE besides Babbitt was KILLED that day. Watch or read Something besides the "mainstream" media who have lied about this incident from day one to support the impeachment effort against Trump.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
"Four people died and another died the following day, and more than 100 police officers were injured"

One of the people who died was Ashli Babbitt who was shot by a Capital Police officer (who by the way has never been named or faced any charges!) The others all died of NON-"insurrection" issues. Heart Attack, etc. NO ONE besides Babbitt was KILLED that day. Watch or read Something besides the "mainstream" media who have lied about this incident from day one to support the impeachment effort against Trump.
So, let me get this straight… you believe that 3 people just randomly died during the insurrection? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: