Jan. 6 sentencing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2008
I'll post this here since the Jan 6 committee has already requested the contents of Jones' phone. But you should absolutely watch this moment prosecution tells Jones his lawyer accidentally shared all his texts and emails with them from the last several years. This POS deserves to lose every penny.
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1554882192961982465?t=8AsYEcP0YHXPkz-hv6V5EQ&s=34

Mar 11, 2006
I'll post this here since the Jan 6 committee has already requested the contents of Jones' phone. But you should absolutely watch this moment prosecution tells Jones his lawyer accidentally shared all his texts and emails with them from the last several years. This POS deserves to lose every penny.
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1554882192961982465?t=8AsYEcP0YHXPkz-hv6V5EQ&s=34
With most people you can understand their motivation even though you might disagree with their position or policies.
I don't understand;
1) Why or what would make someone deny that Sandy Hook occurred?
2) Why anyone not clinically insane would listen to or support someone who made such an outrageous statement

Dec 9, 2013
With most people you can understand their motivation even though you might disagree with their position or policies.
I don't understand;
2) Why anyone not clinically insane would listen to or support someone who made such an outrageous statement
Not directly related to Sandy Hook, but points to your questions.

Over 5MM people tune in nightly to watch Tucker Carlson. His own network has basically said no reasonable person will believe what he says.

Estimates say that FoxNews pays him $35MM/yr and he has a net worth of almost 1/2 a billion dollars.

FoxNews is not losing $ on Tucker. The answer as is w most things money.

The sheer amount of evil it takes to perpetuate the lies Alex Jones and Infowars spew is unbelievable. What does it say about the people who listen to him daily?

Mar 11, 2006

Over 5MM people tune in nightly to watch Tucker Carlson. His own network has basically said no reasonable person will believe what he says.

Estimates say that FoxNews pays him $35MM/yr and he has a net worth of almost 1/2 a billion dollars.

Tucker = Maddow = Hannity = Hayes. All those clowns do is say things their base will enjoy. I may disagree with their position or the outrageous way they present their opinion, but at least...for the most part...I understand why they came to their statement/conclusion. And certainly some of that is entertainment.

I imagine you are correct and Jones was getting $$$ and that was his motivation. I am unclear and mystified why claiming Sandy Hook was fake helped increase ad revenue or donations. I don't understand why someone could support that. That is just a whole complete different level.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Concord
I don't understand;
Jones lives for conspiracy theories. The more ridiculous, the more likely he is to buy in. Jones didn’t come up with the theory, somebody else did and Jones heard it & ran with it and made it more popular than it otherwise would have been. And yes his followers are nuts.

Oct 7, 2008
I imagine you are correct and Jones was getting $$$ and that was his motivation. I am unclear and mystified why claiming Sandy Hook was fake helped increase ad revenue or donations. I don't understand why someone could support that. That is just a whole complete different level.
Some people just don't have that voice in their head that causes them to turn back from the conspiracy rabbit hole. There's probably some major chemicals being pumped into the brain too when you feel like you've stumbled upon this secret world that you didn't know existed before, and suddenly your eyes are open to the truth and that truth is now everywhere. It has to become incredibly addictive to these people at some point bc they do become obsessed. I watched a documentary on Qanon and they basically gamified the conspiracy rabbit hole with Qdrops and giving their followers tasks and achievements so they get that sense of accomplishment/they're not just a passive bystander. Incredibly manipulative people behind that thing who've basically trolled a scary chunk of the country into living in an alternate reality.

Oh yeah, and Alex Jones financials were revealed in this trial. He was pulling down $800k/day at points over the last few years.

Nov 6, 2010
Tucker = Maddow = Hannity = Hayes. All those clowns do is say things their base will enjoy. I may disagree with their position or the outrageous way they present their opinion, but at least...for the most part...I understand why they came to their statement/conclusion. And certainly some of that is entertainment.

There is clearly a huge market and apatite for conspiracy theories out there, and he figured out a way to capitalize on it. Not sure it's any more complicated than that.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

The sheer amount of evil it takes to perpetuate the lies Alex Jones and Infowars spew is unbelievable. What does it say about the people who listen to him daily?

About the only ad revenue Jones has had was for his own branded snake oil and hyping it with exaggerated claims. No company wanted to be directly associated with him with their ads. His only guests are usually of poor repute, such as Roger Stone. President Trump saw fit to be interviewed by Jones only once and that was not long before he announced his candidacy.

Hopefully, most people listen to him and his guests only for bizarre entertainment and not to take them seriously. For instance, a frequent guest Roger Stone says the Democrats will pick Michelle Obama for their 2024 presidential candidate. For a more bizarre example, Jones' Texas friend, Mike Adams, reputed to be the quack's quack, says China will invade the U. S. by November. Many thousands of Chinese troops will come undercover in merchant ships to the west coast.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
About the only ad revenue Jones has had was for his own branded snake oil and hyping it with exaggerated claims. No company wanted to be directly associated with him with their ads. His only guests are usually of poor repute, such as Roger Stone. President Trump saw fit to be interviewed by Jones only once and that was not long before he announced his candidacy.

Hopefully, most people listen to him and his guests only for bizarre entertainment and not to take them seriously. For instance, a frequent guest Roger Stone says the Democrats will pick Michelle Obama for their 2024 presidential candidate. For a more bizarre example, Jones' Texas friend, Mike Adams, says China will invade the U. S. by November. Many thousands of Chinese troops will come undercover in merchant ships to the west coast.
It came out in his trial that his website brought in up to 800k per day. Dude made bank on the snake oil and info wars merch