Jan. 6 sentencing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
$2.1 Billon emergency Capitol Security spending bill passes Senate today 98-0

https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1420829782661648386
So the state guards are gonna get paid finally. Is the wall/fence ever going to come down, or did I miss that being done?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I heard about possible issues in the days leading up to it. There were talks on media about FBI having info on credible threats. The Capitol and D.C. police were warned about those risks.
Not sure this is much of a story.
He wears body armor when there is a typical tour of the Capitol, I’m sure.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Issues regarding due process occurring with those who have already been detained.

https://twitter.com/julie_kelly2/status/1421192398286344201?s=19

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Issues regarding due process occurring with those who have already been detained.

“...after waiving his Miranda rights and speaking with agents from both the FBI and NCIS for more than five hours, during which he “confessed” that he “intended to interfere with the Certification of the Electoral College vote.” They seized as evidence two books from Hale’s extensive book collection: Mein Kampf and the Turner Diaries.”

“Even though a local judge allowed for his release, the Justice Department intervened and the chief judge of the D.C. District Court ordered Hale held pending his trial. He was transported to six different jails, including one in Oklahoma, before he arrived at one in Washington, D.C. on February 3, where he has remained ever since.”

I don’t think you understand due process.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

“...after waiving his Miranda rights and speaking with agents from both the FBI and NCIS for more than five hours, during which he “confessed” that he “intended to interfere with the Certification of the Electoral College vote.” They seized as evidence two books from Hale’s extensive book collection: Mein Kampf and the Turner Diaries.”

“Even though a local judge allowed for his release, the Justice Department intervened and the chief judge of the D.C. District Court ordered Hale held pending his trial. He was transported to six different jails, including one in Oklahoma, before he arrived at one in Washington, D.C. on February 3, where he has remained ever since.”

I don’t think you understand due process.
It's spelled out... Fair and speedy trial.. even the judge is getting fed up over the fact that he's continuing to be detained and they won't settle on a court date because of discovery. His lawyer has also been denied access to him.
I agree he seems like a punk that deserves prison, but he also deserves to not be detained indefinitely without trial and have access to his lawyer. And how many other defendants are having similar issues that we aren't hearing about.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
It's spelled out... Fair and speedy trial.. even the judge is getting fed up over the fact that he's continuing to be detained and they won't settle on a court date because of discovery. His lawyer has also been denied access to him.
I agree he seems like a punk that deserves prison, but he also deserves to not be detained indefinitely without trial and have access to his lawyer. And how many other defendants are having similar issues that we aren't hearing about.

Yeah, you definitely don’t understand due process or what it even is or means.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, you definitely don’t understand due process or what it even is or means.
Right to a speedy trial and access to representation is not part of due process? If I'm using the phrase incorrectly, that's one thing, but do you have no words for what's happening?

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
"It's compounded by the public scrutiny and lack of support for the officers, not only by the public but from other officers who are still standing by the 'it was one day' suck it up mentality. We are now seven months out, what has been done? How are these officers being assisted?" she said. "This is one of the most talked about events in the country, yet we are still ignoring the needs of some of the victims of this event -- the police officers."