Jan. 6 sentencing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
If nothing else comes of this hearing, I think it's safe to say that this phrase has absolutely no meaning in our political world anymore.
Good point. It's almost like we've become so cynical that we assume everyone else must be just as cynical, and therefore our cynicism is completely justified (and necessary). And you can substitute "corruption", "dishonesty", or whatever else you like for "cynicism."

Absolutely this. We're talking like this thing is over, but it is ongoing, and possibly even gaining steam.
That's Luttig's warning, for anyone who wants the TL;DR of the article I linked.

Dec 9, 2013
Yeah, all of the calls have been coming from inside the house. It's going to strain credulity for folks to say it's just a bunch of Never Trumpers/TDS sufferers.

I suspect that's why Trump isn't bashing the witnesses, but bashing McCarthy for pulling his members off the Committee.
But that’s where they try to have it both ways and somehow get it both ways.

You can’t tell me the strategy of declining the independent commission then declining to seat members on this committee wasn’t run by trump. He called the shots but McCarthy and the rest of the party is so completely owned by him at least until he decides not to run that trump has the luxury of dictating strategy and then when it looks like he was stupid he can blame it on McCarthy. And McCarthy has to smile while he keeps getting kicked in the mommy daddy button.

Trump will lie and double down and his supporters will buy every word. And when I say buy I mean they will literally keep donating to the guy.

Apr 14, 2009
IMHO
The Republican base is just ignoring all of this. To them it’s nothing. They would be willing to just have him as their lifetime dictator.
If you live here in Oklahoma our entire congressional delegation is all on board with anything Donald Trump says. Because that’s what the majority of the unwashed wants. There battle cry is to save America!! Because of this public apathy I believe America is already lost.

Nov 6, 2010
IMHO
The Republican base is just ignoring all of this. To them it’s nothing. They would be willing to just have him as their lifetime dictator.
If you live here in Oklahoma our entire congressional delegation is all on board with anything Donald Trump says. Because that’s what the majority of the unwashed wants. There battle cry is to save America!! Because of this public apathy I believe America is already lost.
Between this and the direction of the supreme court, I think this is probably right. As more and more gets pushed down to the states, people will feel the need to move from states to state depending on the laws at the state level, which will drive even more polarization. There are bound to be unintended economic consequences from that, which is when things will really break down IMO.

May you live in interesting times I guess.