Jan. 6 sentencing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Jesus this girl who is a GA election worker falsely accused by Rudy and Trump describing how Trump supporters busted into her grandmother's home claiming they were there to make a citizens arrest

And how the FBI warned them their lives were in danger leading up to Jan 6 and they had to evacuate their homes for 2 months

Mar 11, 2006
https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/status/1539292120850190338?t=CyN4ByYFM_wq4MA_u3VcYQ&s=19
This is really starting to feel like deja vu (ie media over-hype and under deliver).

Is the next tweet going to be about Rachel Maddow releasing his tax records or the latest in upcoming damning evidence of Russia collusion?
It is not the commission's fault, but the media can't see to help themselves.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This is really starting to feel like deja vu (ie media over-hype and under deliver).

Is the next tweet going to be about Rachel Maddow releasing his tax records or the latest in upcoming damning evidence of Russia collusion?

Quiet, we're in a Tweet storm here!!!

Seriously, though, at least Schiff is involved now.:thumbup:

Oct 7, 2008

The former President of the United States tried to overthrow an election and had a documentary film crew following him around while he tried to do it and this dude over here trying to nothingburger the whole thing.........

Mar 11, 2006
The former President of the United States tried to overthrow an election and had a documentary film crew following him around while he tried to do it and this dude over here trying to nothingburger the whole thing.........
So you hyping the documentary video as well —- without anyone ever actually seeing it? That is very Maddow tax return ish. —— and we know how poorly that turned out for her.
The documentary may have meat, but we don’t know —- why make assumptions about it now only to under deliver? How is that helpful…other than feed those that only read headlines?

Why can’t people/media actually wait on presented evidence instead of potentially making something into a giant mountain that doesn’t grow into more than a sand pile —- this has not worked out very well in recent media hyper-ventilate history.

The media is literally throwing stories on a wall to see what sticks and non-critical thinkers are just applying paste instead of actually reviewing evidence. History certainly repeats itself.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
So you hyping the documentary video as well —- without anyone ever actually seeing it? That is very Maddow tax return ish. —— and we know how poorly that turned out for her.
The documentary may have meat, but we don’t know —- why make assumptions about it now only to under deliver? How is that helpful…other than feed those that only read headlines?

Why can’t people/media actually wait on presented evidence instead of potentially making something into a giant mountain that doesn’t grow into more than a sand pile —- this has not worked out very well in recent media hyper-ventilate history.

The media is literally throwing stories on a wall to see what sticks and non-critical thinkers are just applying paste instead of actually reviewing evidence. History certainly repeats itself.
Take time and go watch today’s testimony by AZ speaker of the house Bowers, GA sec of state and the GA poll workers. Don’t watch the pundits just the testimonies.

I think it will impact you.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Anti-Vaccine Physician Sentenced to Prison for Role in Capitol Riot

Avery Hurt
June 16, 2022

Simone Gold, MD, JD, a leader in the anti-vaccine movement and founder of noted anti-vaccine group America's Frontline Doctors, has been sentenced to 2 months in prison for her role in the storming of the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Dr Simone Gold
In March, the former emergency room physician pleaded guilty to unlawfully and knowingly entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds. As a part of the plea agreement, additional charges of obstructing an official proceeding and intent to disrupt the orderly conduct of government business were dropped. Although she insisted at the time that her actions were peaceful, Gold did admit, according to news reports, that she witnessed the assault of a police officer while inside the building.

America's Frontline Doctors is an organization noted for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 and promoting unproven and potentially dangerous drugs, including ivermectin, for treating the illness. The group issued a statement saying that while Gold did express regret for "being involved in a situation that later became unpredictable," her sentence is an example of "selective prosecution."
"Dr Gold remains committed to her advocacy for physicians' free speech," the statement noted, adding that Gold has been targeted by attacks attempting to "cancel" her since July 2020, when the California Medical Board threatened to revoke her license for what the statement calls an "unfounded claim" that she was sharing dangerous disinformation.
According to Associated Press reporting, US District Judge Christopher Cooper did not consider Gold's anti-vaccine activity when determining the sentence. However, Cooper did say that Gold was not a "casual bystander" on January 6 and criticized the organization for misleading its supporters into believing that her prosecution was a politically motivated violation of her free-speech rights.

Prosecutors accused Gold of trying to profit from her crime, according to AP reports, noting in a court filing that America's Frontline Doctors has raised more than $430,000 for her defense. "It beggars belief that Gold could have incurred anywhere near $430,000 in costs for her criminal defense: after all, she pleaded guilty — in the face of indisputable evidence — without filing a single motion."
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...cpedit_emed&uac=41957HY&spon=45&impID=4354756

Mar 11, 2006
Take time and go watch today’s testimony by AZ speaker of the house Bowers, GA sec of state and the GA poll workers. Don’t watch the pundits just the testimonies.

I think it will impact you.
So are you stating that their conversations were captured in this documentary?

I am not watching any pundits —- zero. I wish I could say that for others on here, but they are drawing conclusions from ether...the same ones every time. I am reading the tweets and the article Binman posted breathlessly hyping a documentary that apparently no one has seen, but people are leaping to assume it will be damning.

Dec 9, 2013

I am not watching any pundits —- zero. I wish I could say that for others on here, but they are drawing conclusions from ether...the same ones every time. I am reading the tweets and the article Binman posted breathlessly hyping a documentary that apparently no one has seen, but people are leaping to assume it will be damning.
The AZ speaker of the house, the GA Secretary of State, and a GA poll worker testified in front of the Jan 6th committee. Straight testimony. No documentary. Just their own words and stories. Makes you realize how big of an ass Trump is and how dangerous he is.

I would bet YouTube has it. Or google the transcripts.

Oct 7, 2008

No one is hyping a documentary, the Jan 6th committee will get to review raw footage the guy captured. So we're all clear...

Our position- the existence of extensive footage following the US President and his inner circle as they tried to overthrow an election is probably a pretty big deal to the people investigating it.

Your position- yawn.

Dec 9, 2013
No one is hyping a documentary, the Jan 6th committee will get to review raw footage the guy captured. So we're all clear...

Our position- the existence of extensive footage following the US President and his inner circle as they tried to overthrow an election is probably a pretty big deal to the people investigating it.

Your position- yawn.
What’s so funny is trump let the guy have the access.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

Your position- yawn.
What’s so funny is trump let the guy have the access.
Well yeah, it was gonna be his success story! What better way to stroke that ego than to let someone record the whole thing to be memorialized?!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006

Your position- yawn.
1st - I was referring to the tweet and the multiple media stories about the documentary and the MSNBC bold headlines about this "explosive" documentary. So yes, people are absolutely hyping the documentary even without seeing a single second of it.

2nd - Your assumption of my position is mostly correct, but it is definitely not a full yawn --- but more of a "tell me something new". It is not new information or surprising to hear that the Trump team pressured Raffensberger to find votes --- that was reported over a year ago.
Trump is not a good dude. He is underhanded, revengeful, an incredible egomaniac, and I am certain was desperate to hold onto power. The key for the hearing is to uncover truth. But the need is to find items that are illegal (more than just misdemeanors) and not just unethical.
Many moderates and conservatives want Trump proven to do something illegal. That would be the best thing to keep him off the ballot and have a different candidate in 2024. Unfortunately, I am concerned Dems and liberals are just more focused about continued implications and innuendo that just prolongs this --- and the longer the better for them I mentioned the documentary because it is utterly fascinating that some media is salivating over something that they have never seen --- and that is exactly like what happened previously.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump is not a good dude. He is underhanded, revengeful, an incredible egomaniac, and I am certain was desperate to hold onto power. The key for the hearing is to uncover truth. But the need is to find items that are illegal (more than just misdemeanors) and not just unethical.
UMMMM

https://twitter.com/jentaub/status/1539355354852691968