Jan. 6 sentencing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-find...L7HAXNlErYd4YBU1bO8KKlUzZgsUpiWt7eq25mZXjfEWv

From the article

• The FBI has found no evidence that Trump was directly involved in organizing Capitol-riot violence.
  • It also found little evidence of an organized plot to overturn the election results.
  • "Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said one former official.

We've been through this.
I read the entire source article from Reuters. It’s not an official statement. Their sources are unnamed, including FORMER law enforcement officers. No one has been exonerated. Settle down darlin’.

Yes, we have indeed been through this.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I read the entire source article from Reuters. It’s not an official statement. Their sources are unnamed, including FORMER law enforcement officers. No one has been exonerated. Settle down darlin’.

Yes, we have indeed been through this.
You are going to be severely disappointed if you think anything of substance will come out of this. We're all speculating at this point but it looks to me like they haven't found anything on Trump or the R's and I'm betting they won't. The FBI hasn't found anything and it's kinda their job. They'll charge a bunch of idiots with trespassing and and destroying property and pop the Proud Boys and a few of their ilk with some more serious stuff and that will be the end of it. Keep clutching those pearls.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I don’t even recognize the country I grew up in. Leftist Democrats are turning this into a new Nazi land. Mandates, politicizing prosecutions, shaming people who don’t comply, wokeness and ignoring things like totally open borders and major democrat run cities rioting and looting every night. It sickens me almost as much as the brain dead people who put them in the position to have this type of control! The immaculate beautiful Republic that the founders built has been destroyed from within and is beyond the point of saving. I shudder to think what this country will be in 10 years. Something akin to Venezuela would be my best guess….

Oct 7, 2008
I don’t even recognize the country I grew up in. Leftist Democrats are turning this into a new Nazi land. Mandates, politicizing prosecutions, shaming people who don’t comply, wokeness and ignoring things like totally open borders and major democrat run cities rioting and looting every night. It sickens me almost as much as the brain dead people who put them in the position to have this type of control! The immaculate beautiful Republic that the founders built has been destroyed from within and is beyond the point of saving. I shudder to think what this country will be in 10 years. Something akin to Venezuela would be my best guess….
You might want to turn off OAN and stop reading Epoch Times for a bit...

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Welcome!! You've come to the right place. You won't find anyone over here with the balls to admit that they voted for Biden (they all voted independent:thumbup:). They just get on here everyday and waste a bunch of oxygen defending every stupid thing he does and blaming Trump for everything from the clap to global warming(which is racist by the way). Here come the zzzzs.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You are going to be severely disappointed if you think anything of substance will come out of this. We're all speculating at this point but it looks to me like they haven't found anything on Trump or the R's and I'm betting they won't. The FBI hasn't found anything and it's kinda their job. They'll charge a bunch of idiots with trespassing and and destroying property and pop the Proud Boys and a few of their ilk with some more serious stuff and that will be the end of it. Keep clutching those pearls.
I don’t expect Trump to get charged with anything. He’s made his living off of avoiding culpability. I do think some of his cronies to get charged, similar to Michael Cohen taking the fall. I do think the process of exposing Trump’s connections to Roger Stone and Michael Flynn, then their connections to Proud Boys / Oath Keepers / QAnon / etc. participation in the insurrection will have political repercussions.

It’s funny that holding people accountable for an assault on the Capitol is “clutching pearls.” I thought you were a Law & Order guy.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I don’t expect Trump to get charged with anything. He’s made his living off of avoiding culpability. I do think some of his cronies to get charged, similar to Michael Cohen taking the fall. I do think the process of exposing Trump’s connections to Roger Stone and Michael Flynn, then their connections to Proud Boys / Oath Keepers / QAnon / etc. participation in the insurrection will have political repercussions.

It’s funny that holding people accountable for an assault on the Capitol is “clutching pearls.” I thought you were a Law & Order guy.
Oh, I think everyone that broke the law should be prosecuted. I just don’t live in a dream world where Pelosi’s investigation unravels some brilliant conspiracy between Trump and Putin and the ghost of Joseph Stalin to overthrow the United States government.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
So, Republicans would not want an investigation if BLM attacked the Capitol? They’d simply want to move on?
That depends. Are they investigating BLM or are they investigating Joe Biden for getting them all ginned up? How many jillion dollars are we going to spend? How long will it take? Is there any credibility to the claims that Biden told the BLM to go overthrow the government?

Mar 11, 2006
Can you imagine the response had it been a couple thousand Black Lives Matter marchers that broke into the capitol.
Not sure if that is the comparison you want to make.
We had hundreds of millions of dollars in damage and billions in cost due to summer 2020 riots.

We had multiple government buildings broken into and some completely destroyed. So I don’t think we have to imagine.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
You might want to turn off OAN and stop reading Epoch Times for a bit...
Yeah, I have never seen OAN or even know where to find it nor have I read the Epoch Times. I am a normal American. That's the problem, what for 200 years was a normal American who believed in the Constitution and Rule of Law is now a Right Wing Fanatic. Suddenly Leftist whack jobs are now the new "Normal".....

I can tell there are a lot of fairly recent newly "indoctrinated" graduates on this World News and Politics forum. I'll bet mommy and daddy are wishing they had a refund about now.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Yeah, I have never seen OAN or even know where to find it nor have I read the Epoch Times. I am a normal American. That's the problem, what for 200 years was a normal American who believed in the Constitution and Rule of Law is now a Right Wing Fanatic. Suddenly Leftist whack jobs are now the new "Normal".....

I can tell there are a lot of fairly recent newly "indoctrinated" graduates on this World News and Politics forum. I'll bet mommy and daddy are wishing they had a refund about now.
:love::love::love: Keep gettin’ those zzzzs brother. That’s when you know they have absolutely nothing to say. You’re gonna love it over here.

Oct 7, 2008
Ahh, I see you've succumbed to the anti-education views of the current Republican party. I wonder if we looked up political movements from the past that attacked universities, professors, and educators what type of regimes they might be...

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
You left out the outrage over an attempt at insurrection last January. And the crazy that had overtaken what should have been an apolitical public health initiative.

Relax Francis, it will be fine. Antifa isn't taking over cities and the Proud Boys aren't going to overthrow the government. I'll admit I had concerns with the alt right last January but the adults in power stepped in and showed that whatever they were planning wasn't going to happen. We currently have a centrist President who despite what some might want to tell you is nothing more than an average politician doing an average job. I understand if that frustrates you but considering the chaos of the last 4 years boring isn't the worst option here. I'm assuming he won't seek a second term so 3 years from now he will be replaced by another boring politician who is either our savior or the worst president ever depending on your political leanings.

It's going to be fine. Cities aren't going to eliminate police departments. Rural areas aren't going to go via revolution because of Trump. 4 years from now life will be better for the general public because in general 4 years after any presidential election life is better for most regardless of who won. Politics are like the Olympics. We should really care once every 4 years and not sweat things in-between. This is no different. My advice is to take a step back from what you are watching and go watch some Star Wars or something like that instead. Your life will be far more happy if you spend the next 3 years doing mindless tasks and taking home a paycheck versus looking for media that scares the carp out of you.