Israel unveils breakthrough laser to intercept missiles, aerial threats

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Don't we have these too? Or are at least developing them? I swear I've seen a video talking about it before...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Don't we have these too? Or are at least developing them? I swear I've seen a video talking about it before...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
We were developing laser system several years ago but don't recall seeing much in the press about them recently. IIIRC, the US tends to not advertise game changing defense systems until we use them.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Sure hope it can stop these.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFV3FUlTzas
China had developed and deployed some hypersonic anti-ship missiles several years ago, I was playing in a charity golf tournament about 2 years ago with a client exec that had been in the Navy's Weapons Development Group. As I have a background in supplying to several weapons programs we had a good conversation about several different things and I brought up the Chinese missiles. His response was pretty simple, "When I read about them I was concerned, then I remembered that what we were working on would be deployed now so I stopped worrying."

Now, those aren't the same as what Russia has developed and all public reports are that we are behind on hypersonic development but I'll side with our R&D guys.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
China had developed and deployed some hypersonic anti-ship missiles several years ago, I was playing in a charity golf tournament about 2 years ago with a client exec that had been in the Navy's Weapons Development Group. As I have a background in supplying to several weapons programs we had a good conversation about several different things and I brought up the Chinese missiles. His response was pretty simple, "When I read about them I was concerned, then I remembered that what we were working on would be deployed now so I stopped worrying."

Now, those aren't the same as what Russia has developed and all public reports are that we are behind on hypersonic development but I'll side with our R&D guys.
I mean lights gotta be faster than hypersonic, right? Still amazing that thing holds together instead of the engine just taking off and leaving the missile behind.