Is the Monkey still clapping?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 12, 2007
I just saw Mr. Orange Power is hanging it up and it got me thinking about the guy who would bring a toy monkey on a pole and hoist it up during the game. I remember seeing this monkey in the 80's I think. Is the guy still bringing the clapping monkey to games?

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Is nothing left? It is bad enough watching the Big 12ish die a slow death but Mr. Orange Power is just another guy in a seat now?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Both Mr. OP and the Monkey need to be passed down to the next generation. Maybe we have a Mr. Orange Power day where everyone dresses like Mr. Orange Power (full orange coveralls and all). Btw, I happen to know he's still around (a Facebook friend)...not sure why it's rumored that he's hanging it up...Likely just covid and being tired of it. Also a clanging monkey day where the paddle people honor the monkey and operator? Come to think of it, paddle people could honor Mr. Orange Power as well. Both of these fans will be missed.

Jun 12, 2007
There was an old thread on here where someone gave an update on him. I'm not sure he (the monkey operator) makes it up to games anymore.
That is a fantastic picture! Thanks for posting it. You stated there was an old thread on here that gave an update on the operator of OSU Monkey. I attempted to find that thread and was unsuccessful. Can you provide the link to that thread or tell me how to find it?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
That is a fantastic picture! Thanks for posting it. You stated there was an old thread on here that gave an update on the operator of OSU Monkey. I attempted to find that thread and was unsuccessful. Can you provide the link to that thread or tell me how to find it?
I'm not having luck finding it, as the search function seems to only go back 3 years and it was likely 4-5 ago. Maybe an admin could help if it's possible to search further.
I think his name was George.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
I am in that picture! The monkey was a row behind me. About 5-6 years ago, he and his wife were having problems with the steps so they relocated to one of the handicap areas on the lower walkway. I am guessing they probably don't come to the games any more, but I will keep an eye out for them.