is spencer playing v. tulsa?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
From Coach Gundy yesterday:
“I would rather not talk about any injuries at this time,” Gundy said. “We’re hoping that he’ll be back. I think he’ll be fine, but I really can’t say, one because we never know how those things can turnout. So, I just prefer to not guess one way or the other.”

I don't think we'll know anything for sure until the game, but I expect him to play if he doesn't have any lingering issues from COVID.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
From Coach Gundy yesterday:
“I would rather not talk about any injuries at this time,” Gundy said. “We’re hoping that he’ll be back. I think he’ll be fine, but I really can’t say, one because we never know how those things can turnout. So, I just prefer to not guess one way or the other.”

I don't think we'll know anything for sure until the game, but I expect him to play if he doesn't have any lingering issues from COVID.
If he has even 1/4th the lingering issues I am experiencing from Covid, he ain’t playing. He’d be doing good to be able to run out of the tunnel. Gave away my tickets to family/friends for the second week in a row. Doubt I could make the walk from the car to the stadium in 98F heat right now……hopefully his 21 year old immune system is more resilient than my 64 year old immune system…..

Oct 30, 2007
If he has even 1/4th the lingering issues I am experiencing from Covid, he ain’t playing. He’d be doing good to be able to run out of the tunnel. Gave away my tickets to family/friends for the second week in a row. Doubt I could make the walk from the car to the stadium in 98F heat right now……hopefully his 21 year old immune system is more resilient than my 64 year old immune system…..
I hope you feel better soon. It's crazy how this virus hits some people so much harder than others. Some people are completely asymptomatic, and others take months to recover. Let's hope that Spencer bounces back quickly like most young people.

Sep 12, 2008
I hope you feel better soon. It's crazy how this virus hits some people so much harder than others. Some people are completely asymptomatic, and others take months to recover. Let's hope that Spencer bounces back quickly like most young people.
Have we confirmed he had COVID? I heard that it was just following protocol after being exposed to someone who had it.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
So did we ever hear - Did/does Spencer HAVE COVID or was he just exposed to someone who had it? ALL i heard was that he was not available because of contact tracing.
Thanks to Hippa laws we will never know unless it leaks. Thinking back to the 2020 basketball season, I would bet anything that mystery case of mono that Ice had was Covid and lingering Covid symptoms. For people that this hits hard, it takes a long time to get your stamina and energy back.

Oct 30, 2007
Have we confirmed he had COVID? I heard that it was just following protocol after being exposed to someone who had it.
From Coach Gundy:
“I think he's going to be back, I just can't say that because we have a very strenuous introduction back into our team from that, and sometimes they say he's not ready and sometimes they say he's ready. That's not me making that decision.”

I don't know anything for sure, but this quote leads me to believe he tested positive. I don't see why he would have a strenuous introduction back into the team if he was just out from contact tracing.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
This thing has made me question virus infections across the board. I mean, how do we know that the flu isn't the exact same?? Maybe most of us get the flu every year, but it only hits some of us hard. I tend to think this is the case because when I was younger, I caught it a couple times and was really sick. But I have never gotten the flu shot, and I haven't "had" the flu in at least 20 years. Am I really that lucky, or is my body just better at dealing with it now?? Who knows.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Maybe the "introduction" is some # of negative tests before being allowed into one group setting and then another series of negative tests before being allowed into another.

I don't think Gundy's quote make it absolute one way or the other w/regards to him having COV or testing positive.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
This thing has made me question virus infections across the board. I mean, how do we know that the flu isn't the exact same?? Maybe most of us get the flu every year, but it only hits some of us hard. I tend to think this is the case because when I was younger, I caught it a couple times and was really sick. But I have never gotten the flu shot, and I haven't "had" the flu in at least 20 years. Am I really that lucky, or is my body just better at dealing with it now?? Who knows.
Not to derail…
Add to the fact that there is a lot of ambiguity and lack of transparency within the testing and reporting until now PCR couldn’t distinguish between influenza and Covid. Furthermore, the number of cycles Performed for detection is far higher than the threshold for infection. Meaning that it’s possible you have a small trace - maybe even of a dead virus- when you take it out that many cycles - it shows positive even though you’re not infected.

It’s too damn bad this thing is so political, so much false and misleading information along with the lack of transparency… I don’t know if we will ever truly understand it, let alone believe it.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater
Man, this sucks. I want the crowds and traditions like the walk and player/fan engagement.... but if it can cost you your starting QB, that's tough.

Who is making us test our players / oversees the testing? That's the real question here. This wouldn't happen in the Playoffs to a big team. Need more attention to detail on the offensive line techniques, not contact tracing

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Not to derail…
Add to the fact that there is a lot of ambiguity and lack of transparency within the testing and reporting until now PCR couldn’t distinguish between influenza and Covid. Furthermore, the number of cycles Performed for detection is far higher than the threshold for infection. Meaning that it’s possible you have a small trace - maybe even of a dead virus- when you take it out that many cycles - it shows positive even though you’re not infected.

It’s too damn bad this thing is so political, so much false and misleading information along with the lack of transparency… I don’t know if we will ever truly understand it, let alone believe it.
Being so politicized is the thing that gets me, this is a public health concern rather than anything the left and right should be arguing about at this point, they like to find anything for us to be divided on :thumbdown:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Not to derail…

Chunks, come spend a day in my world and you will believe it...dang I can't believe we still have people that aren't directly affected by deaths in the family, more less that still don't "believe it."

On Spenser, I hope he is 100% better and able to play. We were missing his wheels this past week and our run game suffered from it. I had hopped that SI was the answer and he's a great backup, but the jury is still out on if he can be a full time starter...he either needs to take the job with performance or we need SS back full speed.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Chunks, come spend a day in my world and you will believe it...dang I can't believe we still have people that aren't directly affected by deaths in the family, more less that still don't "believe it."

On Spenser, I hope he is 100% better and able to play. We were missing his wheels this past week and our run game suffered from it. I had hopped that SI was the answer and he's a great backup, but the jury is still out on if he can be a full time starter...he either needs to take the job with performance or we need SI back full speed.
I guess I should have been more intentional with my wording. What I mean by “believe it” is believe the information that we are given about it. There has been so much misinformation, contradiction, so much spinning of the truth that people don’t know what/who to believe.

I don’t know any rational person that doubts the existence but I understand when people think critically or question the information they are receiving, when there is so much inconsistency out there.

Anywho, hope SS is healthy enough to see some action this weekend!

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm a little surprised more things don't leak out. If 3 people at my job are supposed to keep quiet about something it's all over the state by noon the next day.