Iran Parliament votes to Execute 15,000 arrested Protestors

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Any chance we could focus on Iran? This feels like it goes one of the other threads.
Agreed, I took us off-course. Apologies.

Felt that this was coming for Iran for a long time. Their older generation is dying out. The younger generation is far more 'western'. This could be great. It's scary, but it's also great.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Agreed, I took us off-course. Apologies.

Felt that this was coming for Iran for a long time. Their older generation is dying out. The younger generation is far more 'western'. This could be great. It's scary, but it's also great.
Yeah there are women standing on top of tipped over cars wearing tshirts and jeans and burning all their burkas and scarves.... fantastic scenes of freedom

But it is going to be painful, and bloody...I hope they can pull it out

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Protestors in Iran are calling on their National Team to Boycott their own Govt and refuse to play in the World Cup and Now a formal request has been filed with FIFA to ban Iran from the World Cup this winter.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1583092508443443200

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Protestors in Iran are calling on their National Team to Boycott their own Govt and refuse to play in the World Cup and Now a formal request has been filed with FIFA to ban Iran from the World Cup this winter.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1583092508443443200

If there's one thing we know the FIFA cares about, it's human rights. *checks notes* Ahh, wait.... Sorry, meant to say money. The one thing FIFA cares about is money.

So I'm sure they'll make the most financially sound decision. Which is always what you want when people are being killed for not wearing a particular clothing item.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The White House reportedly sees SpaceX's Starlink satellite internet service as a possible counter to internet crackdowns instituted by the Iranian government in response to nationwide protests over the September 16 death of a 22-year-old woman, who was in police custody after allegedly being detained for improperly wearing a headscarf.

The Biden Administration gave Musk the green light last month to position Starlink satellites to send signals to Iran, which are essentially useless without terminals on the ground to receive them.

The Iranian government has banned Starlink terminals, and it's unclear whether the White House or Musk have developed any clandestine plan to somehow get them into the country.

It's not known whether the federal government has offered to pay SpaceX for setting up and operating the terminals, CNN reported.
CNN's story came just hours after Bloomberg reported the Biden Administration may launch a national security investigation into Musk over his approach to Starlink service in Ukraine and his acquisition of Twitter–the latter reportedly sparked concerns due to the presence of foreign investors like Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and the Qatar Sovereign Wealth Fund in the deal.
Neither Musk nor the White House immediately responded to requests for comment from Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichol...medium=social&utm_term=Gordie&sh=32c7d2407d07