iPad 2

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
So, one of the things I got in the divorce was the redhead's old iPad 2. I've wiped it out and taken all her junk off. I'd like to use it as a repository for dropbox files for music chord sheets. However, it appears that newer versions of the dropbox app are incompatible, as is just about everything else. Suggestions?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
So, one of the things I got in the divorce was the redhead's old iPad 2. I've wiped it out and taken all her junk off. I'd like to use it as a repository for dropbox files for music chord sheets. However, it appears that newer versions of the dropbox app are incompatible, as is just about everything else. Suggestions?
welcome to the world of planned obsolescence. Discontinued in 2014. iOS 9 is the latest iOS available for it. iPadOS 14 is the current version.
not much you can do. Newer versions of iOS are not supported, so new apps wont work, and most older versions are no longer available.
I no longer own any apple devices for various reasons, but maybe one of the resident apple users can help you.

Oct 30, 2007
You could jailbreak it and attempt to use a different operating system, but that could lead to security issues. The Ipad 2 is almost a decade old. It might be time to upgrade.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You could jailbreak it and attempt to use a different operating system, but that could lead to security issues. The Ipad 2 is almost a decade old. It might be time to upgrade.
I found a PDF reader that works. If I can load it with PDFs and use it for reading chord sheet and lead sheet PDFs that would be a nice use. Otherwise, what would a .45 do to it?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I found a PDF reader that works. If I can load it with PDFs and use it for reading chord sheet and lead sheet PDFs that would be a nice use. Otherwise, what would a .45 do to it?
If you jailbreak it, there are repositories of older versions of software you can try on it. No guarantees the older software will still be able to sign in to accounts (like Dropbox), but it's worth a try.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk