In Solidarity with the Mens Basketball Team

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 1, 2006
USA
Its not that hard...the first post is saying that they aren't watching the tournament because of the NCCA ban...I'm saying I would have felt the same way if we had actually had a chance to go, but we basically self-imposed because of our record and crappy coaching.
Yeah, I guess it isn’t that hard to make uninformed statements.

Joe Lunardi said any Big 12 team that finished with an 8-10 record would be in the tournament including Oklahoma State if they were eligible. A 7-11 Big 12 team made it in and is playing in the Sweet 16. Lunardi, by the way, correctly predicted 67 of 68 tournament teams.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
Yeah, I guess it isn’t that hard to make uninformed statements.

Joe Lunardi said any Big 12 team that finished with an 8-10 record would be in the tournament including Oklahoma State if they were eligible. A 7-11 Big 12 team made it in and is playing in the Sweet 16. Lunardi, by the way, correctly predicted 67 of 68 tournament teams.
Ok, keep telling yourself that. What was their overall record compared to ours?

May 8, 2007
OKC
I'm with cowboyairman4. I have made brackets, watched every second I could of March Madness for over 30 years now but I refuse to even acknowledge it this year. I'll see everyone in GIA come November.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I’ll trust the guy that is almost perfect every year over anyone on a message board. You people are too excited to talk negatively about our program that you ignore the national experts seeing us positively.
You should probably get over yourself just a touch. I'm simply pointing out that you're working off of an assumption. Probably a good one, but nonetheless an assumption.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
You should probably get over yourself just a touch. I'm simply pointing out that you're working off of an assumption. Probably a good one, but nonetheless an assumption.
To be fair, you were gaslighting him. He doesn’t need to get over anything.

The fact of the matter is that every opinion on whether we would have made it in or not is an assumption. Pointing that out doesn’t change the narrative of the argument. He never said we were dealing in absolutes. Simply that he values the opinion of a non-biased, nationally recognized, expert in the field over some random chucklehead on the internet with an axe to grind.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
You seriously think you know more about bracketology than Joe Lunardi? Answer the question. Yes or no

Never said I did..but you seriously think a 15-15 team with a net ranking of 51 would have gotten an at large bid?? yes or no?? How many teams have ever gotten an at-large bid to the tournament with a .500 record and a losing conference record...I will wait.
Not surprising you think MB is a good coach.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
There's never been a team with a .500 or worse record get an at-large bid in the history of the NCAA Tournament. Lunardi is a sharp guy, but he's wrong on this. I trust 80+ years of precedence a lot more than his prediction models.

Oct 1, 2006
USA
Never said I did..but you seriously think a 15-15 team with a net ranking of 51 would have gotten an at large bid?? yes or no?? How many teams have ever gotten an at-large bid to the tournament with a .500 record and a losing conference record...I will wait.
Not surprising you think MB is a good coach.
Because the expert on such matters says yes then I defer to him and not osumason.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Because the expert on such matters says yes then I defer to him and not osumason.
Ok you are right we would have made history being the first .500 team with a losing conference record to make the tourney...
Teams with losing conference records make the tourney routinely. Iowa State’s conf record was worse than ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Teams with losing conference records make the tourney routinely. Iowa State’s conf record was worse than ours

Ok..how many those with a .500 overall record make the tourney...none.
I think that occurred to Lunardi when he says he would have projected us in anyway

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
There's never been a team with a .500 or worse record get an at-large bid in the history of the NCAA Tournament. Lunardi is a sharp guy, but he's wrong on this. I trust 80+ years of precedence a lot more than his prediction models.
All we had to do was win one game in the Big12 tournament and, Walla, above .500.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk